Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Superheroes/Supervillains Modelling Competition** FINAL DEADLINE 5TH MARCH.

123457...Next

Comments

• DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2010
    OK myself and Squally are torn here; obviously we do not want to delay the competition yet again after all that's happened (six days... nggh bloody EA) but at the same time I understand that you might not appreciate dylsoccer getting immunity because he quite blatantly put off putting up his picture yet did not ask for an extension (something that really winds me up, if I'm completely honest).

The question is, how do you guys feel about it? You're the ones in this competition after all and I don't want to give anyone an advantage over someone else regardless of what happened.

Were the forums not down for as long as they are it would be no question, I would have marked Dylsoccer as having dropped out and eliminated him but given the circumstances... well we're both quite torn if we're honest.

So yeah, what do you guys think?
  • SquallySqually Posts: 491 New Member
    edited March 2010
    There's not much I can say without repeating what DS had said, but we have been debating this for a while.

On one hand if the forums hadn't have gone down and he hadn't posted his picture, we'd have put him down as dropped, no questions asked.

On the other, they went down before the deadline, so there's been a very clear reason why he couldn't have posted one way or another.
  • PiaPiaPiaPia Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited March 2010
    You never know if he would'nt have posted his picture, but then again you can't be sure if he would've posted it either. I would've really appericiate it if you guys gave Dyl a deadline (please, not a lot of days, lol), because I don't think it's fair that he'll get immunity when he doesn't have any problems with his computer (as far as I know).

And yes, the forums has been down and he may have not realized that the forums are up and running again, therefore give him a new deadline. I mean, he should've managed to make a picture with a 6 days downtime at the forum, right? :XD: Not that I know what he does on his freetime, but still.

It sucks for the other competitors that the deadline is being extended and extended AGAIN, and then the ones who didn't entry gets immunity anyway, even if they've said several times that they're going to hand it in "tomorrow" or whatsoever. Atleast that's my opinion.
  • RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited March 2010
    I'm not trying to be rude or harsh or anything but if you set a precedent by giving someone immunity who said time after time "i'll get it in tomorrow" and made no request for an extension then you will have to do it for every other person who in the future decides to do the same thing. If that is ok with you all then I suppose I will just have to grin and bear it, but I just don't think its fair to people that try to get their pictures in on time.
  • Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited March 2010
    Dylan could not have posted it obviously these past several days, the forum just got back on last night, he isprobably in school now. I would wait til this afternoon. He had plenty of time to get the pic done, he might not have been able to post it yet. If he did not do it, then I would have to say no immunity.
  • SquallySqually Posts: 491 New Member
    edited March 2010
    @PiaPia: We looked over giving him a deadline, but he never once asked for one. I'm not so keen on giving him a deadline because you guys have waited long enough thanks to the forums going down, but I do see your point on preferring that over immunity.

@RD: I know, that was what was bugging us too. He never asked for an extension, and just kept posting with the assumption that he could hand it in "tomorrow". Immunity seemed a fair way of doing it so we could speed it up for everyone else, but at the same time, it's still not fair.

@Sun: That's a pretty good idea. Give him a chance to see this thread, if he doesn't post tonight, then carry on.

Dyl doesn't seem like someone who would put things off on purpose, forum issues aside. He's involved in a lot of projects and competitions, so I guess some fall at the wayside now and again.

So far, I think the best idea is Sun's. DS is doing the next assignment later on tonight since I'll be at work. So far, given I haven't been able to confer with DS yet, the best idea seems to be to wait and see if he posts his picture tonight. If not, then he's out, and awesome_phoebe has immunity.

Dyl, if you read this, don't take it personally. The other entrants have been waiting for a long time, it's only fair to get this contest moving as fast as we can.
    edited March 2010
    Dyl has until 9pm tonight to get his picture in. If he doesn't then I'm going on ahead and he'll be eliminated. We have to do what's fair and he's had the same amount of time everybody else has had to get his entry up. If he'd have asked for more time then it would be a different story all together but he hasn't. Hopefully he'll get his picture in but if not, we'll move on without him.
  • samantha2226samantha2226 Posts: 287
    edited March 2010
    YAY!

Oh thank goodness I am finally on!!

I agree that you should give him to 9pm. After the second day of no forums I was wondering if it was my computer! :)
    edited March 2010
    Right my scores are done (now I can play Final Fantasy XDD). I'll give Dyl till 9pm to submit a picture then I'll set about getting the next thread ready. Expect to see something around 10pm-ish UK time, it takes me forever to code things ^_^;
  • Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited March 2010
    I just played FF, I cried :(
    edited March 2010
    ...eheheh um Squally missed someone off when she sent me her scores ^_^;

The post is ready but I need that final score off her before I can post. Once again she fails XDDD

Post will be up around 10:45pm UK time.
    edited March 2010
    Boo Squally! LoL, Just kidding
    edited March 2010
    I think the forums are breaking again. Two topics I just posted on seem to have been deleted and I'm only seeing about 5 posts per page.
    edited March 2010
    I guess that's why they say they are still in testing. I thought that was just me, i'm only seeing like four or five threads a page

Edit: Wow, I just realized they moved this on their own. LoL. I was in the General section looking for it and then I go to my bookmarks to find it and here it is.