Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

White Rock Valley, Update Fep 3rd at 5:41 am. Pictures on page 6

Comments

• Vash1224Vash1224 Posts: 188 New Member
    edited March 2010
    And we're back! Hope You all are doing well. I've been looking at some down time, just built a brand new computer and this thing is a monster. But work on the world is moving right along, when I think i'm done with something theres always something else that needs to be added.

More on the way, hope to get some new pictures up soon.
  • mijikittymijikitty Posts: 109 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Amazing world! compared to this my world is junk! keep up the good work!:D

• MSusko13MSusko13 Posts: 743 New Member
    edited March 2010
    *****224 wrote:
    Bleh! back on the scene... Again. Life likes to throw many things at you at once so it seems, but anyway! (Happy face on)

Hello Again! Sorry for the slow progress but I'm almost there.

@ Musko: Checked world out, its coming along rather nicely, Keep it up.

@ Hatoa: L O L, your creativity makes me smile.

@ Pahtira and Rae: Ty Ty for the support! i'm moving right along with it.

@ABKS3: I've had a few requests for that its something I'll most def. look into doing. it may take a bit tho, I would have to find many many work-arounds for some of the lots and terrain objects. I'll be working on that very soon.

@ Mr. C: Ty Ty, I'll toss you a friend request asap and let you know once beta testing goes live.

@ ****- Can i add u as a friend??? And my world is done! Check it out (Im on the WORLD INDEX)
  • MSusko13MSusko13 Posts: 743 New Member
    edited March 2010
    *****224 wrote:
    My Friends, I bring teaser photos of the unfinished world!

White Rock Valley: At sunset

screenshot18n.jpg

screenshot19ir.jpg

screenshot20v.jpg

I started flying around to take more pictures then, Then I was like, I need to get back into Caw and finish this already, I want to play!

More on the way :D

Looking good!
  • NukapeiNukapei Posts: 88 New Member
    edited March 2010
    MSusko13 wrote:
    @ ****- Can i add u as a friend??? And my world is done! Check it out (Im on the WORLD INDEX)
    Have we already forgotten this?
    Hatoa wrote:
    iepgug.jpg
    Seriously, dude, this is *****'s thread. I understand that you're excited about showing your world off, but this isn't the place. This is *****'s thread, not yours. If you want to show off your world, make your own thread. If you want to do some advertising, take some screenshots of your world, make up an image for your signature, and link it to your world. But don't pimp it in other people's thread. This thread is for talking about White Rock Valley. Sticking in blatant advertisements for your own world is called hijacking a thread, it's against the forum rules, and it makes you look like ... well, like Hatoa's pic.
  • ABKS3ABKS3 Posts: 2,035
    edited March 2010
    Love it! its just amazing!

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited March 2010
    Do u know when you will be relesing this world?
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2010
    Ugh, I REALLY have to stop being so slow getting around threads, and checking out worlds. This is stunning ! I can't believe I might have missed it. Really beautiful work, very much looking forward to it's release.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited March 2010
    I too am wondering how progress has gone on this project. Also, I'd like to say it's rather rude and really pathetic to advertise your own world not once, but twice in this thread when it's supposed to be about ****'s world.
    edited March 2010
    My Friends, I have returned. Life is being a cruel Maiden again but none the less I bring updates.

Beta testing is drawing Extremely close. Right now I'm working on adding the last little elements into the the town (Road decor) and finishing Spawner placement.

The beta will be Just the world and community lots,I will be updating the Lot dimensions list again on page 1, so you'll know what to expect. During the beta I'll be working on a few of the specialty lots/subdivisions And also looking for any minor minor kinks I missed.

Again, SORRY for the long wait, Past 23 hours I've been putting in a lot of work to make up for lost time. Soon my friends, very soon.
    edited March 2010
    Gillie wrote:
    Also, I'd like to say it's rather rude and really pathetic to advertise your own world not once, but twice in this thread when it's supposed to be about ****'s world.

I can understand everyones excitement to get their world promoted and have people marvel their work, but out of respect for the creators, Please refrain advertising your world anywhere other then your own thread. It's Kinda like going to someones birthday party and being the one blowing out the candles instead of the birthday kid.

EA, Please, I beg, UNCENSCR MY NAME. Kthx
    edited March 2010
    How exciting! I can't wait!
  • Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited March 2010
    I love the teaser pics, what you've done is simply amazing.
    edited March 2010
    Running into a few issues here and there with some files that went missing and causing terrain textures to go brown. But I am looking to finish preparing the world for Testing. Going through right now and trying to create pictures for each community lot so they don't get pirated and re-uploaded to the exchange.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited March 2010
    Oh wonderful! I'm excited to see more of this project, and maybe even help out with a house or two once you get the lot size list uploaded. I created Build Town over the past couple of days just so I have a small, flat world strictly for building lots.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    edited March 2010
    BETA is Go! More info on page 1, Please read!
    edited March 2010
    Bump
  • Blackmoon781Blackmoon781 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited March 2010
    This is amazing! Defiantly the best world I've seen so far. I'm holding my breath hoping my computer will accept it's amazing graphic quality. Providing my computer is nice to me, I think I found my home world!
    edited April 2010
    Current Known Issues:

1. Routing heading to white rock falls fishing lot, the rock thats next to the path and fence is slightly too close. Trying to send your sim to the lot from a distance farther than 10 yards will result in Sim saying unable to move there. To get around this take your sim as close to the stone and then click past it.

2. Gnomes On the Loose. In the Art gallery, I used several magic gnome figures as displays. But, these "magic" gnomes decided to start appearing in places they shouldn't and therefor have been banished to the nethe... I mean removed.

These fixes have been made and I'm looking for more.
    edited April 2010
    New Modthesim download:

Colonial Window II - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=371508

• KickRamoneKickRamone Posts: 302 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I just noticed you post on another thread right after me, so I came to look at your world. It looks really good and fun too. I was wondering about your use of the invisible fence mod. If you care to share your methods.
    edited April 2010
    I used the invisible fence mod to help make things seem more realistic. Like on one of my lots I use the pool tool to decorate the lot. i put the invisible fence around the pool so that Sims don't try to get in it. Also used it for routing purposes too, some areas sims will walk through bushes to get to a doorway instead of taking the sidewalk up to it. Just minor things like that. It comes in really handy
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited April 2010
    ****, haven't you been around here long enough by now to know that the Exchange doesn't work? :lol:

And oh my, I'm excited about seeing this world in my game! If there's any way I can possibly swing it, I'll download it during the testing phase. I'm still way backed up on stuff, though. :oops:
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • KickRamoneKickRamone Posts: 302 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I am concerned that someone might not understand why they can not walk somewhere, interact with something, or place something. They might interpret it to mean your world is broken. For areas of real concern you might want to use the almost invisible version of the mod, and let the end user delete and replace with the invisible one.
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the feedback Kick. With routing I used it in areas so that sims will still be able to reach their destination, but not walk over/through bushes and trees.

screenshot19gl.jpg
    (being a semi-perfectionist, seeing sims run through things like that bother me :s)

Red line shows the normal routing the sim will take, blue line shows the routing they will take once the invisible fence is up. Some of the pools that I have on community lots are there for decoration, kind of like the pools in downtown China, they aren't really meant to be swam in. I've had a few sims drown in these pools already, they will jump in and then just freeze in place and wont respond to me telling them to get out. So it is more of a sim safety concern.