Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gothique Beauty: Results! and Assignment THREE!!

1265703069.png

Wow!! Sorry that took so long!! :oops: I've been really really busy the past few days. Fracking taxes! Anywho!!

Please don't argue with the judges...it'll get you nowhere. :wink:

-The Ugly Duckling-
Arabesque Van Albrecht – CeleSeraphym
55gwb4.jpg

Akasha:
10/10 - Represented your fairytale
10/10 - Creativity
10/10 - Overall
Damn, woman! Awesome job!

Phoebe:
Represented your fairytale 10/10
Creativity 10/10
Overall 10/10

Anette:
10/10 - How well you represented your fairytale 
10/10 - Creativity 
10/10 - Overall 
You have it all the cold, the rejection, the fear and the beauty.
And even with this many in the photo she is clearly the focus, she is the one communicating with the ones watching.

Total: 90/90

-Little Red Riding Hood-
Lemiko Samura – ChicagoStorm
Screenshot-263.jpg

Akasha:
10/10 - Creativity
10/10 - Overall
Love, love, love it!! I’m really happy that you put a modern twist on the tale. I love the look on your model’s face and the wolf in the background is really creepy and stalker-ish. Awesome job!!

Phoebe:
Creativity 10/10
Overall 9/10

Anette:
10/10 - Creativity 
10/10 - Overall 
This is scary… I did not see the wolf at first. Great job.
And when I saw him, he directed me right back to her, that is a perfect way of keeping the eyes in the picture.
Her eyes on the other hand almost pull you into the picture.

Total: 89/90

-Alice in Wonderland-
Umbra Willow – RepulsiveDesire1
[IMG]http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/sweston8809/Competition Photos/UmbraWillow-RedQueen.png "width=675"[/IMG]

Akasha:
10/10 - Creativity
9/10 - Overall
Love it! I love the dead guy. With the tattoo, he reminds me of one of the cards. ;) And I love all the blood spatter! The only thing that is bugging me is that it’s a little bright. Awesome job!

Phoebe:
Creativity 10/10
Overall 9/10

Anette:
10/10 - Creativity 
8/10 - Overall 
Maybe it is me, but I think this could be more gothic.
I love the fact that you choose not to late your model be the main character.
The chaos is needed for this picture to work, but Alice is taking too much attention. She need to be balanced with the guy on the other side of the queen.

Total: 86/90

-The Frog Prince-
Ebony Flame – Bubby189
10x4iko.jpg

Akasha:
10/10 - Creativity
8/10 - Overall
I love this picture. I love how you made the prince into a frog-man. Very clever! The only thing, is that your model is a little far away and the prince is kind of blocking her. Awesome job!

Phoebe:
Creativity 9/10
Overall 8/10

Anette:
10/10 - Creativity 
9/10 - Overall 
I would have given full point butt the little fairy, she is sweet, but she changes the focus of the picture.
I love that you have the well, or in this case fountain present.

Total: 84/90

-Snow White-
Jamie May – Toblie
gothcomp2.jpg

Akasha:
10/10 - Creativity
10/10 - Overall
Love it! I honestly can’t see anything wrong with it. I love how you made the kids look like dwarves, and the your model really does look like she is asleep. Awesome job!

Phoebe:
Creativity 9/10
Overall 8.5/10

Anette:
8/10 - Creativity 
8/10 - Overall 
I think she need to be more gothic.
The idea of using this scene is very good, and you represent the fairytale well.
It is as if we are viewing the scene from one of the dwarf’s point of view.
You make the attention flow to her, by using the other characters, nice.

Total: 83.5/90

-Beauty and the Beast-
Raven Nightshade – Zeri
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Jivatma/Sims Pics/Screenshot-94.jpg"height=450 width=600"[/IMG]

Akasha:
10/10 - Creativity
10/10 - Overall
Bravo! There is so much emotion in this picture, and it really represents the tale well! Excellent job!!

Phoebe:
Creativity 10/10
Overall 10/10

Anette:
6/10 - Creativity 
7/10 - Overall 
Surprised to hear about the sisters… as I recall it is the village people who follow her and kills him… well that aside.
I liked that you zoomed in on her, and have her not spot center. You have a nice triangle working between her and the beast, making the eyes move.
I think you represent the fairytale very well and I am happy you included the roses.
I do think the beast needed some more torn or dirty clothes, he's just not human yet ... a little more beast-like. If you hade given him the eye candy… it might have shown the magic…

Total: 83/90

-Hansel and Gretel-
Elise Adler - chibi_goth15
hanselgretel2.png

Akasha:
10/10 - Creativity
8/10 - Overall
Ooh, I love where you went with this one, and I love how you represented the tale. My only criticism would be that the right side of the picture is a little distracting, and it would have been a little better to have zoomed in on your model a bit more. Nice job!

Phoebe:
Creativity 9/10
Overall 8.5/10

Anette:
9/10 - How well you represented your fairytale 
8/10 - Creativity 
7/10 - Overall 
Your picture would have benefited from being another size, cutting some of to the right from the gage and on.
I like the line between the 3 characters.

Total: 75.5/90

-Thumbelina-
Lilith Noir – SweetBaby
Screenshot-166-1.jpg

Akasha:
9/10 - Creativity
8/10 - Overall
I really love this picture. Your model looks gorgeous, and I love the expression on her face. I know this was a hard one, so I’m glad you made it work. I’m just wondering why the prince is a kid…or is he… Anywho! Awesome job!

Phoebe:
Creativity 8/10
Overall 8/10

Anette:
7/10 - How well you represented your fairytale
8/10 - Creativity 
7/10 - Overall 
Why is he a kid? They suppose to be the same height.
Some how you make the picture moving, alive, and still manage to keep focus on her very happy face.

Total: 75/90

-Rapunzel-
Kira Gray – LyrianFleur
28h3qdd.jpg

Akasha:
9/10 - Creativity
7/10 - Overall
You represented the tale very well, however, it’s not gothic enough for me. Maybe if your model’s clothes had been darker, and she was wearing a little more makeup. Also, the light from the room is a little too bright. Overall, very sweet picture. :D

Phoebe:
Represented your fairytale 8/10
Creativity 7/10
Overall 7/10

Anette:
7/10 - Creativity 
8/10 - Overall 
Great idea to use that part of the fairytale.
There is some thing about the light that just isn’t right.

Total: 73/90

-Cinderella-
Lucille Donovan – KelleD014
[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/KelleD014/Screenshot-386.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

Akasha:
8/10 - Represented your fairytale
8/10 - Creativity
6/10 - Overall
Interesting that you picked this scene, and how you executed it. It works really well because it almost looks like he is holding her foot. The only thing is that with your model’s skin being so dark, she almost blends in with the background. Maybe a little more lighting on her would have put some more focus on her. Also, the stuff on the table is a little distracting. Overall, good job.

Phoebe:
Represented your fairytale 9/10
Creativity 8/10
Overall 7.5/10

Anette:
8/10 - How well you represented your fairytale 
7/10 - Creativity 
8/10 - Overall 
Giving you 8 in the first simply because she is not a princess jet, she works at her stepmoms house, and the story tells she is have rags as clothes.
I think you should have made him darker in the skin; he is taking a lot of focus from your model.
They do however have a nice flow between them.
The very bright perfume bottles is also taking focus, maybe some other clutter could have been used.

Total: 69.5/90

-Sleeping Beauty-
Despair Ruine – estrellalin
Screenshot-21-2.jpg

Akasha:
6/10 - Creativity
7/10 - Overall
I like this picture, the purple lighting is a nice tough. The room is really bare, though, and the guy doesn’t look very gothic or like a prince. Also, your model doesn’t look like she’s asleep. Good job!

Phoebe:
Represented your fairytale 9/10
Creativity 6/10
Overall 6/10

Anette:
7/10 - Creativity 
6/10 - Overall 
He could be more gothic and prince like..
The room is very bare, either some in or do something that stops the eye from floating out. My eyes automatically follow the prince’s eyes and then the line between wall and floor, that makes me live the picture to the right, and almost miss you model.

Total: 66/90

-Princess and the Pea-
Iali Vadoll - sootyowl143
Screenshot-136-1.jpg"width=600"

Akasha:
7/10 - Represented your fairytale
7/10 - Creativity
7/10 - Overall
Hmmm…I like how your model looks, but this picture doesn’t really scream ‘Princess and the Pea’ to me. I know it’s impossible to have 40 mattresses stack on top of each other, but it’s really hard to tell that she’s on a bed at all. It’s a really pretty picture, for sure, it just wasn’t quite right for this assignment.

Phoebe:
Represented your fairytale 8/10
Creativity 8/10
Overall 7/10

Anette:
5/10 - Creativity 
7/10 - Overall 
I’m sad you did not put the bed in a room, that is dragging this photo down.
Your model is looking great for this shot, maybe black nail polisher would have been better.
She makes a room with her arms, and looks as she is ready to make a move and screem. The balance between her and the beds pillars is very good.

Total: 65/90

-Dropped Out-

-Goldilocks-
Marisole Andrews – cassie2090
24gt5di.jpg

Akasha:
8/10 - Creativity
9/10 - Overall
Very nice! I really like that dress! And I like how you represented the bears. I don’t really like how they are fuzzed out, though. Good job!

Sad to see you go, luv! If you get your computer fixed before the next assignment is over, feel free to submit a pic. ;)

Phoebe:
Creativity 8/10
Overall 8/10

Anette:
810 - How well you represented your fairytale 
7/10 - Creativity 
8/10 - Overall 
You capture the fairytale well, it is a fine photo, but it is not holding my eyes. Her eyes take my eyes out of the picture, there is a tree to stop them, but it just makes them go up or down.
Maybe it would have been better zoomed more in on her.

Total: 76/90

-The Little Mermaid-
Morrigan Clairmont - Lithielle

Sad to see you go, luv! Hope to see you next cycle!

-Rumplestiltskin-
Melody Ruby - myfirstsimsgame

Sad to see you go, luv! Hope to see you next cycle!

Eliminated

No one, since three people dropped out. :(

Good luck on the next assignment!!

Comments

• SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited March 2010
    Assignment Three

-A Night in the Woods-

In this assignment, your model has found herself in the woods....what's happening?

I decided to do a fairly open one this time, but try to keep it a little on the scary/serious side...nothing cutesy-pie. :wink: Good luck! And have fun!!

-Rules-

1. Please only post ONE picture.

2. No copying!

3. Editing is allowed, but PLEASE keep it to a MINIMUM!! Really, the only editing allowed is stuff like cropping, lighting, stuff like making the pic black and white or sepia...stuff that anyone can do with a basic program. Basically, anything that changes the tone/atmosphere of the pic is ok. Also, if there's something like a bald spot that some of the CC hair has at certain angles, then you can fill it in. But that's it! As for editing that's not allowed is stuff like adding/transposing backgrounds or objects. Basically, if it's not in your game or can't be done in your game, then it shouldn't be in your picture! (CC is considered part of your game, so it's ok, duh. lol) This competition is designed to push the limits of your creativity, so use it!

4. No changing models. You must use the one you entered! You can, however, change her hair, clothes, makeup, traits, everything but her face/body(including skintone).

5. Other sims are allowed in the picture, just make sure your sim is the main focus.

6. Remember to keep it Gothic! :wink:

Breaking the rules may lead to disqualification. You have been warned!

If you have any questions about the rules, don't hesitate to ask.

-Models-

Raven Nightshade - Zeri :thumbup:

Lucille Donovan - KelleD014 :thumbup:

Lilith Noir - SweetBaby :thumbup:

Ebony Flame - Bubby189 :thumbup:

Lemiko Samura - ChicagoStorm :thumbup:

Kira Gray - LyrianFleur :thumbup:

Elise Adler - chibi_goth15 :(

Iali Vadoll - sootyowl143 :(

Jamie May - Toblie :thumbup:

Arabesque Van Albrecht - CeleSeraphym :thumbup:

Despair Ruine - estrellalin :thumbup:

Umbra Willow - RepulsiveDesire1 :thumbup:

Good luck!! :mrgreen:

-Deadline: 3:00am PST (Los Angeles time) on Saturday, March 13th!-

If you need an extension, don't hesitate to ask!

-Judges-

Akasha O'Connell(me)

awesome_phoebe

anettesb

-Scoring-

?/10 - Atmosphere
    ?/10 - Creativity
    ?/10 - Overall

-Example-

I know this is a really old picture that I used for another competition, but I just don't have enough time to sit down and get a really good example with my simself. So, yeah, here's Cookie DeBois in the woods.

1z1h1so.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • terri222009terri222009 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited March 2010
    is it to late to enter?
    edited March 2010
    Way too late, sorry. You can enter next cycle, though. :D
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited March 2010
    so its just a night in the woods? how vauge lol. ill have to cook up somthing i guess.

ps, im not arguing with the judges, i only want to point out that i did not go with the disney version of my fairytale. (cause how goth is disney, right? lol) i found a more original version of the story online, and thats where the sisters came from. i hadnt heard of them before either
  • JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited March 2010
    *lurk*
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • Bubby189Bubby189 Posts: 1,999 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I have an idea,kind of about what I want to do but I'm waiting for an example first. :D Also I am going to ask for an extension of a day,please,.Sorry hate to ask. I have a day care and tons of paper work to do( lovely tax time :x ) again I'm sorry
  • SweetBabySweetBaby Posts: 662 New Member
    edited March 2010
    @Akasha and Anette: Just so you know the prince in my picture is NOT a kid...He is a teen just like Lilith is. The reason She is so much "taller" is that she was flying in the air after she got her wings. I guess that didn't come across in the picture...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited March 2010
    yay! i agree with my judges remarks now that i look back over the picture...she does blend in with the background....ill definitely work on that this picture :D now i have to go make a forest lol
    edited March 2010
    Zeri- Yeah, I love the original version. I really loved your picture. :wink:

Bubby- fixed the deadline. It's now Wednesday. :mrgreen:

SweetBaby- Ah! Sorry! He just looked so much younger than her. I forgot she's a teen. Also, I got the fact that she was flying. :wink:

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited March 2010
    im already cooking up some ideas for my next shot, but it seemes too easy,, and that what makes it so hard!! lol

are there any other guidelines or rules?
  • ChicagoStormChicagoStorm Posts: 1,019 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Night in the woods huh....Didnt Lemiko just escape with her life cuz of the woods lmao!

Love it and the creative juices are flowing!
    edited March 2010
    Zeri wrote:
    are there any other guidelines or rules?

Nope! 20h8pih.jpg

I'm leaving this one wide open. I'm interested to see what you all come up with. :mrgreen:
  • LyrianFleurLyrianFleur Posts: 128 New Member
    edited March 2010
    This assignment is deceptively difficult! So many possibilities! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Thinking of mine, now...
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi
    I just have to tell you all that next week it will be hard for me to get scores in Wednesday evening, due to the fact that next week is what we in my school (work) call flex week. I have lot to do that week, and I am working more hours.

If this is a problem SuicidalSpiders, you need a backup judge for this round, if not Thursday evening, Danish time is ok. If all is very busy, it will first be Friday.

I hope it is ok.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • RandomspiritRandomspirit Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited March 2010

*slithers out of dark corner*

Omg - Its Cookie from OSW! :shock: What a plank that i am! I've only just realised who you are SS :oops: *smacks self on head* Stupid, stupid, stupid Random >_<

I've been lurking this for a while, and my brain never made the connection - Time for a new one methinks :mrgreen:
    Anyways... Hi, Lol! :lol:

And good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

*Goes back to lurker corner*

X

• RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited March 2010
    Not gothic enough huh... yeah that's probably going to be my problem the whole competition. And this is the second time I've gotten the "too bright" comment. Which I don't really understand or know how to change
    edited March 2010
    Anette- that should be fine, with the way the results have been going the last two times. lol It seems that I always get them in a day or two after the deadline. :oops:

Random- Hi! :lol:

RD- Do you ever auto-enhance your photos or turn the brightness up? If so, leave it be. lol If not, then turn the brightness down just a tad, or use less lighting. I don't mean brightness as in colours, I mean brightness as in lighting....hope that makes sense. Also, she looked gothic enough for me. The makeup was perfect. :wink:
    edited March 2010
    ohai random! i didnt know you were lurking here! lolz
    edited March 2010
    Yes I turn the brightness up because I don't like those dark photos.Like your example pic for this round, I couldn't post a pic with that lighting it doesn't look good to me. But if that's what I need to do I'll resist the urge to brighten it up.
    edited March 2010
    Not gothic enough huh... yeah that's probably going to be my problem the whole competition. And this is the second time I've gotten the "too bright" comment. Which I don't really understand or know how to change

It is not that it wasn’t gothic enough; it was it could be more… and yes it just might be the brightness. I meant it as it had potential to be even better.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited March 2010
    @anettesb - I'm not trying to argue with you but I am curious to know what you might have done differently.
    edited March 2010
    ok here is Lucille in the forest behind her house. I decided to have her have her original look. in this picture Lucille is reciting her world domination speech to the trees!

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/KelleD014/Screenshot-514.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

i hope i did good! this is a really fun competition!
    edited March 2010
    @anettesb - I'm not trying to argue with you but I am curious to know what you might have done differently.

I did not think you was trying to argue...
    Oh :oops: I was just trying to explain my coment to help... well I think that I would have either made the coulers in the set not so bright, or turned down the light... or both..And somehow made Alice stand a little less out. But to know for sure how I would have to work on it.

I hope that explains my thoughts...

It is some time hard commenting in english...:roll:
    edited March 2010
    I was just trying to understand your comments. I like constructive criticism every competition I've been in has helped me better my pictures. So I always ask a lot of questions just so I can know better for myself how I can improve.

Wow quick work there Kelle. I have no idea what I'm going to do for this one thats creative
    edited March 2010
    I was just trying to understand your comments. I like constructive criticism every competition I've been in has helped me better my pictures. So I always ask a lot of questions just so I can know better for myself how I can improve.

Hope you understand now...asking qustions when I'm hard to understand is just fine, I will always try to explain.

Glad we have the same ***** :P