Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mother and Daugther Modeling Competition - Assignment 6*Assignment 5 Results!

2...Next

Comments

• kelseyjeanne98kelseyjeanne98 Posts: 426 New Member
    edited February 2010
    315zvc8.png
    Harper grew up! To celebrate her party she invited a friend over for some yummy pasta salad! Also on her birthday she went to haiti to help out. What great people they are! :)
    2zdwx3m.png
  • PiaPiaPiaPia Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited February 2010
    Could you please resize the pictures? :XD: lol. It's stretching the page :oops:
  • kelseyjeanne98kelseyjeanne98 Posts: 426 New Member
    edited February 2010
    sorry :oops: I fixed it
    edited February 2010
    Good girl! Haha :mrgreen: I'll mark you off the list!
  • katrina427katrina427 Posts: 610 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Okay...so here's the deal...tuesday morning my laptop decided to stop working, it turns on but then the screen is black...then tuesday afternoon I got it to work, but it hasn't worked since (this is the first time I've gotten to a computer since wednesday night)

I'm pretty p-oed about it since it was like a 2000 dollar laptop and i'm pretty sure my warrinty is up but I'm going to call Apple tomorrow

But even if they can fix it I"ll have to send it in, I really don't want to have to drop out, so my boyfriend's laptop has the Sims installed and I could do it on his, and just try and re-create my sims as best I can...?

I'm up for it, if everyone else thinks it's okay...

But I won't get my boyfriend's laptop until tomorrow so I'll hve my pictures in tomorrow night probably
  • SyrioniaSyrionia Posts: 1,371 Member
    edited February 2010
    Sorry to hear that kat, my laptop's actually been having a similar problem recently..and mine was pretty expensive too (£1200) On top of that my sims keeps crashing xD Time to get Dell out to have a look at it methinks.

And I don't have a problem with you recreating your sims..but it's not upto me obviously xD

I'll get my other entry in tomorrow..need to work on the wedding planner one today...if my laptop lets me *glares at it*
    edited February 2010
    Sure, katrina! I've done the same thing in a competition, and I actually managed to make the Sim look quite alike, but that's just my luck :XD: lol.

And I've had similar problems with my laptop too, and it was actually a 3000 dollar laptop, and for this Christmas I got a new computer, this one not a laptop, and it's working like a charm :XD: I guess the laptops have some real issues sometimes. They work GREAT in the beginning, then they're going slower and slower and in the end they decide to shut down and make their screen go black :roll:

And Syr, be careful with your laptop. DON'T EVER TRUST IT! It may work for someone else :shock:
    edited February 2010
    Just my luck!
    My laptop has packed in, the monitor just refuses to play.
    I have it pluged into my PC moitor at the moment, so hopefully I'll still be able to get my entry in.
  • Vav2009Vav2009 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Melody was very nervous the night her new boyfriend Drew came over for dinner. Harmony had insisted that she meet him and Melody knew if her mom didn’t like him that would be the end of either the relationship, or the end of Melody’s right to go anywhere until she was 21. Thankfully Drew was a nice guy and Harmony approved of him, as Melody went to get their dissert she looked at her mother and she saw in her mother’s expression that she approved.

Assignment62.jpg

While visiting the leaning tower, Harmony wanted to stop for a picture. While she smiled and posed, Melody showed what she thought about the tower. Melody had wanted to go to Paris, not Italy.

Assignment61.jpg

edited February 2010
    @ Syr: I really do hope so! I can't let anyone else of my contestants go. Lol :XD:

@Vav: Aww, the first one is so cute, and the second one makes me laugh A LOT! :lol:

For the ones who hasn't turned in their entry yet:
    THE DEADLINE IS IN 12 HOURS AND 29 MINUTES!
    (atleast according to my clock it's 29 mins. Lol :XD: )
    edited February 2010
    Ok, my holiday/travel one has been handed in, here's my dinner party one

1-3.png

Allowing her daughter to man an oven herself, and drink alcohol was perhaps the scariest moment of Morven's parental role to date. But as a congratulations to her daughter for getting an unconditional university offer she decided to allow Blair to have an almost unsupervised dinner party...alcohol included (though, being the responsible parent that she is (HA) Morven called the other mothers to check it was ok for their children to have a drink, and stated she'd be at home at all times, just in case!)

Morven promised her daughter that she would make herself scarce for the evening and took a bunch of girly DVDs and some key lime pie to her bedroom. At 7.33pm anxiety got the better of her, and she decided to just peek in and see how things were going downstairs. Assuming the worst, Morven was filled with pride to see her very grown up daughter serving dinner to a room full of sober teenagers.
    The night remained civilised, and Morven was very pleased to wave goodbye to 3 only slightly tipsy young adults at the end of the evening.
    edited March 2010
    Okay...so my bf finally got his laptop back from his friend's house so I can work on these assignments now..

Would you all hate me if I asked for an extention until tomorrow?
    edited March 2010
    Haha, not at all, katrina ;) Just hand them in as soon as you can. I understand that you didn't manage to get them in before!
    edited March 2010
    thanks so much for understanding! i just got back from work so Im going to start working on the assignments soon....after I download a photoediting program....

I should get my photos in later tonight! If I can't for some reason I'll make sure to check in.
  • AlyssumCandyAlyssumCandy Posts: 1,049 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Vav2009 wrote:
    Assignment61.jpg

SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!
  • Vav2009Vav2009 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited March 2010
    [/quote]

SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!![/quote]

I’m glad you like it. I got the idea from a pose I did when I was at the Washington Memorial.
    If you look up the leaning tower on google images you will be amazed how many pictures there are with people posing in funny ways.
    edited March 2010
    okay...now im FOR sure getting my entry in tonight..I have it started just didn't have time to finish it last night
    edited March 2010
    Okay, here are my entries...I couldn't get the mom to look much like my old model, I hope that's okay...I didn't have much time lol

Dinner:
    dinner.jpg
    Macey had been single ever since Rae's father left when she was a little kid...It was time to invite Macey's new love interest over for dinner to meet Rae. Behind Macey's back, Rae pretended to be a slob; trying to steer away her mom's new boyfriend.

snow.jpg
    Macey and Rae decided to hit the slopes in Colorado..Macey doesn't snowbard, but she didn't mind the snow and hanging around the hill watching her daughter.

edit:...ugh...the hands were supposed to be infront of the snowboard, they were but then when I went to flatten it, the snowboard was a "floating layer" so i just made it not a floating, and I forgot that it brings it to the front then..I just noticed now and i exited out of everything and didn't save one w/ layers...but when judging comes around, just remember I meant to have the hands infront, if that means anything lol

And thansk again for understandingn and giving me an extention!
    edited March 2010
    When are we getting the results?
    I'm pretty busy next week and won't have much time to play sims (if get through to the next round, of course xD)
  • lehdkatlehdkat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2010
    Guess what! My friend has a panda ears ht just like that
    it's awesome, I want one :D
    edited March 2010
    Forums are back!
    <33
    edited March 2010
    edited March 2010