Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World of Darkness

Some worlds never die!

This world will probably end up being a five year project.

Ever wonder what it would be like to be in a world where everything is black and dark? How about a place where everyone is a loner and there are villians running everywhere?

Now you can see one!

I thought I would post something about this to see what other people would think about it.

The world is full of loners and evil, mean people. The landscape is basically black. It will have a lot of mountains.

Please tell me what you think of the idea. Any additional ideas are welcome. :D

I promise to post pictures.

I hope you can give me some ideas about what to put in here or what you think could make a world look dark and evil. :twisted:

sincerely,

bobsfriend

UPDATE 1/27/10

No pictures yet but I have started creating the map of the world. Like I said there are many mountains. High and low. There is also a thin valley.

UPDATE 1/28/10

PICTURE!

worldofdarkness.png

I would like to know if this is an okay landscape before I put trees and what not. I understand it is hard to see the hills/mountains. Any suggestions on how to improve what you see above are always welcome :)

Update 2/15/10

This is a picture of the world with the new terrain, courtesy of BogSims Institute.

hghj.png

Update 3/30/10

wod3.png
wod2.png
wod.png
wod4.png
wod5.png
wod6.png
wod7.png

Update 4/18/10

Pictures of my newly built lots are coming soon.

Town Hall (Not a rabbithole)
Screenshot-8.jpg

Industries and Military Base (Obviously not rabbitholes)
Screenshot-10.jpg

School (rabbithole)
Screenshot-11.jpg

Hospital and Police Station (rabbitholes)
Screenshot-9.jpg

Stadium (rabbithole)
stadium.png

Purple Trees. Keep them? Or leave it bare?
Screenshot-12.jpg
upclosetrees.png
upclosetrees2.png

UPDATE 7/17/10

This is the first house I have built for this world.
Screenshot-13.jpg
Attic
Screenshot-14.jpg
Second floor
Screenshot-15.jpg
First floor (I just realized I'm missing a counter or two in the Kitchen. :oops: )
Screenshot-17.jpg
Basement
Screenshot-16.jpg

UPDATE 12/31/13

A new house!
Screenshot-142_zpsae6e7850.jpg

The inside - Studio.
Screenshot-143_zpsfc410549.jpg

And a basement to customize!
Screenshot-144_zps25c7e5ee.jpg

Comments

• starfall56starfall56 Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2010
    Sounds like a neat idea. You could use the dry grass texture for grassy areas, maybe use some of the darker trees/bushes for landscaping. Can't wait to see pictures! :)
  • MarianoPMarianoP Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 2010
    I like this idea!
    Good luck...
  • bobsfriendbobsfriend Posts: 44
    edited January 2010
    starfall56 wrote:
    Sounds like a neat idea. You could use the dry grass texture for grassy areas, maybe use some of the darker trees/bushes for landscaping. Can't wait to see pictures! :)

Dry grass is a great idea! I'm still new to CAW. My first world was really basic. I tried out some land shaping in it but thats about it. For this world I'm exploring the textures and how to use them. I just discovered how to get more textures than the basic four that are in your list at the beginning. I think I've got the hang of it now.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LittlePersonLittlePerson Posts: 16 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi Bobsfriend. Maybe you can incorporate an industrial theme with lots of alleys and giant smoke stacks. Just an idea of how to make it a darker world.
    edited February 2010
    great idea about the industrial theme. I think that will go great with the world.
    Does anyone have a darker terrain paint? I was hoping more of a black instead of gray.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    I have different textures at BogSims, although nothing black as they're more to the browns but one is very dark brown. There is a game texture in the pack Martine extracted from the game and put together that is charred dirt, even darker than my darkest dirt. Those are at MTS.

By the way, it would totally be a good idea if you re-sized your image to no more than 600 pixels wide. As it is, it's a third of a meg in size and slowing down your entire post, not to mention breaking the page to the point where if your topic should go beyond the first page no one will be able to access beyond the first page from within the thread.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    edited February 2010
    BSIRegina wrote:
    I have different textures at BogSims, although nothing black as they're more to the browns but one is very dark brown. There is a game texture in the pack Martine extracted from the game and put together that is charred dirt, even darker than my darkest dirt. Those are at MTS.

By the way, it would totally be a good idea if you re-sized your image to no more than 600 pixels wide. As it is, it's a third of a meg in size and slowing down your entire post, not to mention breaking the page to the point where if your topic should go beyond the first page no one will be able to access beyond the first page from within the thread.

I've been wondering why the page was so messed up! It's fixed now. Thank you so much.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    You're welcome! It's beyond me why these pages are coded the way they are unless they just decided they didn't want images wider than about 600 pixels, which makes sense if you don't want people to have to scroll sideways. Even so, it shouldn't break the entire thread.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • BioCodaBioCoda Posts: 20 New Member
    edited February 2010
    EMO KIDS
    DON'T FORGET THE EMO KIDS :D
    edited February 2010
    I have a few emo kids made and more in the works. =)
    edited February 2010
    Isn't the hair just lovely???
    ///_^
  • MarahGMarahG Posts: 1,387 New Member
    edited February 2010
    cool idea, I actually just made a world very similar in theme to this, it's quite interesting to play.
  • hahanoyeahrighthahanoyeahright Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Wow, this sounds like a really good idea! I was dreaming of making something like this but I don't have the patience haha. Definantly bookmarking this! Can't wait for more pictures!!
    edited February 2010
    you should make a grave yard where a whole bunch of zombies and resurected ghosts are living.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rambleramble Posts: 70 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Oh, a dark world sure sounds fascinating. So far I've only seen a few of these here, and can't wait to see what kind of a neighbourhood this will eventually be!
    edited March 2010
    Hope everyone likes the pictues I put up!
  • flyingcatmonkeyflyingcatmonkey Posts: 286 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Ohhh. Sounds good. I've got it bookmarked. Just a question, is it going to more Gothic dark, or more back alley dark kind of world? You might want to go to view to turn the fog off also.
    edited March 2010
    I am not completely positive on what it will be yet. Most of it will probably be more Gothic Spooky Dark. But there might end up being some back alley dark areas to like where the industrial buildings and what not will be.
    edited April 2010
    Please help me decide whether or not to keep the purple trees! In a way it looks good but it also takes away some of the darkness feeling.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi, :mrgreen:

Nice to see you still working. :D

Can you show a picture of the trees at ground level? Maybe from the road... It would give me/us a better view to judge.
    edited April 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi, :mrgreen:

Nice to see you still working. :D

Can you show a picture of the trees at ground level? Maybe from the road... It would give me/us a better view to judge.

I added two pictures that I hope give you a better look at the trees. :)
  • ashleyx0xdearestashleyx0xdearest Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    hope you are still working on this
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Like the idea. Can't wait to see more pictures.
  • florida1cowboyflorida1cowboy Posts: 1,403 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Sounds really cool! ^^ My dream? To make a dark "all ghost 100 perecent" town, all households ghost. Sadly I cannot seem to get lots to place with CAW... :( I can build a computer, but I am programmer dumb. :oops: lol I am breeding ghosties like mad though. In case a cool dark town "like yours" gets shared. :mrgreen::D Happy SIMMING! ^^ :)
  • TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Bookmarked.

I like what you have so far. Thankyou,thankyou, thankyou for making the stadium different by placing the actual one underground and a 'sub-made' one on top. Very cool since the stadium dislikes me.