Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World request (closed)

vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
So, I need a medium world with at least three big lots (like the ones in Sunset Valley where the Altos and the Landgraabs live) and many small and medium lots.
All the lots need to be empty, but it would be great if all the community lots from Sunset Valley were placed in the world. The world needs to have roads, trees etc. It needs to look nice.
I don't need it right know. So, if you accept this request you can use your time. Two weeks are ok.

And if somebody knows a world like this that is available for download on this site, please tell me.

P.S. In case you're wondering, I plan to fill the world with my lots, simmies and my favorites from the exchange. :mrgreen:

Comments

• JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited February 2010
    Is there anything else you need? If I was lazy(?) enough to make a World request I would avoid using the word `need`. Perhaps make suggestions, even better, why not waste other people`s CAW-using time and make this world you `need` yourself?
  • vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Also, I'm not forcing anybody to make this for me.
    English is not my native language, so I use 'need' because I couldn't think of any other word.

I really don't want to argue with you and I think there's no reason to call me lazy. You don't know me and you can't judge me by one post. If this kind of thread offends you, then you shouldn't have waste your time on responding.

The reason I'm not making this by myself is because I'm awful at creating worlds. Believe me, I tried.

So, I thought, maybe somebody wants to make a world and that person could then upload the world before he/she puts his lots in.

I'm sorry if my post offended you. :)
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hm. I was just thinking that depending on how much time someone had to devote to a request, two weeks may not be enough.

I think the OP may not be a native English speaker, so the word "need" may have been mis-used, but I could be wrong.

vanilija, have you tried using C-A-W or do you not have the ability, like have a Mac computer? Creating a world can take a considerable amount of time, and only if you do it yourself are you likely to get exactly what you want.

That's not to say no one would take your request. If I didn't already have two worlds in progress I would actually do this because something similar is already on my list of worlds to create but I'm weeks away from finishing either of the worlds I'm working on.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    edited February 2010
    Hi BSIRegina!
    I tried using CAW and when I think about it now, I think you may be right. Of course, I'm not making a time-limit request. I just made this thread so that somebody who has a WIP world can upload it before putting lots.
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited February 2010
    vanilija wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Also, I'm not forcing anybody to make this for me.
    English is not my native language, so I use 'need' because I couldn't think of any other word.

The reason I'm not making this by myself is because I'm awful at creating worlds. Believe me, I tried.

So, I thought, maybe somebody wants to make a world and that person could then upload the world before he/she puts his lots in.

I'm sorry if my post offended you. :)
    Vanilija, I apologize for appearing so abrupt with you, but everyone has to learn sometime. Why be so needy of others to make that world you need and instead try a little harder using CAW. I recently completed my first world and i`m not saying it`s brilliant or even good, but at least it contains some of the things I wanted to see in a world. I had to throw away my first world as, like you, I thought I was not able to work CAW, but with practice it gets better.
    You should not give up using CAW, in time you may well become a great world creator. It is better than having to wait on others to create a world for you, of that I can assure you.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    Vanilija, I think both Johnny and I spend too much time on this forum and honestly, we do get tired of people making requests when they're all the time saying something like "I tried C-A-W and I can't do it!" when what they really did was open C-A-W and expected they could create a world in an hour or so and found out they couldn't.

Johnny just released his first world. It took him six weeks to make it. I'm still working on my first one and have been at it for nearly that long. Once a world is created, it needs to be tested and tested thoroughly, to make sure everything works, and errors found have to be fixed, then tested again.

Sometimes the graphics go weird creating road tears, and spaces alongside lots where they rise up above the ground next to them. These alone can take hours to fix.

World creating isn't easy. It isn't fast. Most people can't load up C-A-W and try using the tools and after fifteen minutes know how to use them. It takes time, and for some of us a lot of time. Sometimes I get so frustrated I just get up and walk away from my computer for a while. While I'm gone I think about what I'm trying to do and usually figure it out then come back and try it again.

On the plus side, many of us with worlds are planning on releasing multiple versions, including those without lots. Quite a few people want to plop their favorite buildings from other worlds or various websites. That's a completely reasonable thing, in my opinion.

When you say you want a blank world but with community lots from Sunset Valley, you could just as easily do that yourself. All you need to do is copy a lot to the bin in SV, then take it to your new map and drop them in.

There are currently some worlds available but I'll tell you ahead of time that most of them have quite a few teeny-tiny lots and very little in the way of decent sized lots. It's larger than what you want but you might like Alpine Shores (search the forum and you'll find it--look for the thread with Legacy in the title). It has quite a few of the Sunset Valley community lots in it. Of course it also has quite a few houses with routing issues, but since you want to place your own you could easily bulldoze those and place what you want.

I've got to quit typing or I'm never going to get anything done.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • LaelynnLaelynn Posts: 79 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi! I have a Created world. that has 2 60x60 empty lots and 2 50x50 empty lots. These are the only largest lots in. The rest range from 20x20 to 30x40 if i remember correctly. I even placed all And i mean All community lots from Sunset Valley. The world is payable with all Gems, Fish, Seeds, bugs from Basegame.

take a look at it. i never updated the main picture for it, But the world has 4 single/couple sim houses to start with. The rest of the Map has empty lots.

Heres the link to the download on my page. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1864625
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi, :mrgreen:

If you've tried and can't do it or don't have the time, I don't see any reason you can't ask for someone to make you a world.

Someone might want to make a world and not have an idea on what to do. Just be specific on what you want. Think about the details- Who knows, it could give you a reason to make it yourself.

Either way, might as well ask- it shouldn't hurt. :D

Good luck. 8)

edited February 2010
    Hi everyone!
    Thank you all for responding to me and I apologize again if my thread was unpolite.

Regina, I'll check Alpine Shores.
    Laelynn, I'll check out your world, too.

Also, I want to say that I found out that we have a blank version of Sunset Valley in CAW, so I'll try to put some lots in it and then edit it in game.
    At least now I've learned: place roads before lots.

Bye :)
  • MeresimPMeresimP Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited February 2010
    Have you thought about getting an empty Sunset valley?
    I think you can get it at MTS
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for reply Meresim, but I've found some great worlds in WORLD INDEX and I'm playing them right now. :)