Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim is Lost...

OK so my Sim came home from work and got stuck in a corner after getting out of his car, so I used the move objects cheat to move him to the open so he could go to bed. After he woke up he got stuck at the side of the bed so I used the cheat again and told him to go dance... I went to check up on my other Sim and when I came back my Sim was gone... I would click to go where the Sim was but he was not there...

found out he was invisible.. I can only see him *on the main floor* looking down from the upstairs... thought by deleting him he would reset but now my Sim is gone... no tab for him no nothing.. did I just delete him for good or will he come back? is there a way to get my Sim back? any cheat??

Please Help!!!

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2010
    You can not use the move object on cheat from Sims 2 in Sims 3 for any reason but to move something. When you follow that by a delete, your sim is gone. The way you fix stuck or glitched sims in Sims 3 is to type:

resetSim John Doe

only put your sims first and last name in the place of John Doe and then hit enter on the cheat console. Deleting in sims 3 means your sims is now fragmented in a billion fragment floating about the inner workings and data of your game and most likely will eventually create other game problems. Usually to prevent any further problems from fragmented sims I usually tell most people to start a new game if they do not have a save game before they deleted the sim.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• simsfanaholicsimsfanaholic Posts: 19 New Member
    edited February 2010
    AH, I see... should have known, being a game designer... programs are touchy like that... and should have saved before doing something like that... All these things I know and should do... but don't, well I guess I will have to redo my family :( but thanks for the tip I will keep that in mind for next time :)
  • simsfanaholicsimsfanaholic Posts: 19 New Member
    edited February 2010
    OH, so I did some looking up in the files and just took my auto backup save and pasted it into my current save, got my family back, just gotta rebuild half my house and work them back up in their careers and relationship... but I'll still keep your advice in mind... it would be much easier that what I did :P (plus I think I just got lucky ;D )