Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ExOtIc Sim! A Modeling Competition ~ Assignment 4 + Results!

ColorSplash.jpg

I'm going to try something a little different with the scores to make them more easy for me to type up (:

You all did REALLY great this round and we're really proud of all of you!! But unfortunatly... Someone is leaving today/night/whatever XD.

Vancarmiel's scores will be first
Andromeda's scores will be second
and Magenta's scores will be third (:

Scores (from greatest to not so greatest)

darkslayer ~ Niwa Daisuke

REDCARPET5.png

Uniqueness: 9/10
Appearance: 5/5
Background/Set: 9/10
Pose: 5/5

Total: 28/30

Comment: Another great shot. I really liked your set, thought it fit well with the whole theme you were going for. Niwa looked great in his outfit; overall it was a really good picture.

~

Uniqueness: 10/10
Background/Set: 10/10
Pose: 4/5

29/30

Beautiful! And the cigarette in his hand was a nice touch.

~

Appearence(Costume/makeup/etc.): 5/5

Total: 30/30

Can you, like, stop being so perfect? Yea, thanks o.o; //sarcasm

87/90

Squally ~ Amelia Lockehart

RASFRADFASSF.png

Uniqueness: 8/10
Appearance: 4/5
Background/Set: 7/10

Total: 24/30

Comment: I thought it was quirky, fun and different. I wish your setting was a bit more steampunk like your model, it was just kind of basic, but it was a good picture overall.

~

Appearance:5/5

29/30

I really liked this picture.

~

Appearence(Costume/makeup/etc.): 4/5
Background/Set: 8/10

Total: 26/30

I really liked the way you went with this photo :D Amelia looked great and the background was OK, it seemed it was missing something o.o;.

79/90

lunabear ~ Blake Williams

Screenshot-42-1-2.jpg

Comment: I like the kind of gothic Lolita style you went with for your model. I thought those different colored mannequins you had standing outside the red carpet was a bit weird and creepy and didn’t really understand your reasoning or choice behind using them instead of real people but it wasn’t a major issue with me.

~

Background/Set: 6/10

23/30

The people in the background looked really stiff and fake they look like manikins, it would have been better if they had looked more natural and were standing in different ways.

~

Total: 30/30

LOVED it! Especially the maniquins :D they were a really cool touch :thumbup: because Blake's personality really showed with how quirky she is with them them ^.^

77/90

Kaliko103 ~ Lexi Stone

Screenshot-64-1.jpg

Uniqueness: 7/10

Total: 23/30

Comment: It was a good picture overall I thought. I liked your models pose and her outfit was fun. I didn’t really like that girl in the background playing the guitar though I thought it was kind of out a place and a bit distracting.

~

28/30

I would have liked this much better if you had actually shown the red carpet.

~

Total: 26/30

it would've been ncie to see Lexi's whole outfit and I didn't really understand why Pauline Wan was playing guitar in the background :XD:. But over-all it was good.

77/90

snowkitsune06 ~ Luna Maru

blue.png

Appearance: 3/5

Total: 21/30

Comment: I liked her quirky outfit and her pose was fun. Your set was just ok, kind of basic and boring. All the blue kind of made the picture wash together which in this case didn’t really come off as a good thing, sometimes having so much of the same color is ok but with this picture I don’t think it worked, nothing in it really stood out.

~

Uniqueness:10/10

28/30

I thought going with a blue carpet definitely showed her uniqueness but I think it would have been better if you had used some other colors so all the blue didn’t blend together so much.

~

Total: 23/30

Luna outfit was very... blue XDD. I think you could've added more to the background, but other than that you did good (:

72/90

cassie2090 ~ Kali Tate

2hzlza.jpg

Background/Set: 4/10
Pose: 3/5

Total: 17/30

Comment: Her outfit was fun and unique. I didn’t like that you went with a real life background with this assignment I think you could have done so much more if you made your own set. You left that white line around your Sim which never really looks good, and she just looked pasted there, there was no real attempt to make her look like she belonged in those surroundings.

~

Appearance: 2/5

25/30

I had to take off because of the editing lines around your sim, next time make sure you erase those white lines.

~

Pose: 2/5

Total: 21/30

Kali's pose was a bit boring and you could still see little white places around her head where you missed when editing. Kali's outfit however was unique and fun :).

63/90

Bottom Two ):

sarah_0223
~ Penelope Jackson

1414fgn.jpg

Uniqueness: 5/10
Background/Set: 3/10

Total: 13/30

Comment: Like I said about your assignment two picture… paint…the..walls! I thought the set was just really basic and boring, lacking in anything really creative or unique. The outfit was just ok, and I thought her pose was a little bit awkward, I mean I understand what you were going for but I think it just made the whole picture kind of awkward and uncomfortable instead of cute and nervous.

~

Background/Set: 5/10

21/30

The background was so empty it made the whole picture look dull. You need to put something in the background, even a wall with stars or something would have been better than a white space.

~

I think you did an OK job this assignment. Penelope's expression fit well with the discription and was unique, I can see her scared XD. But with your background maybe added something a little extra and not just a white wall. Great job ^.^

58/90

aubrierocks2 ~ Karlie DeGeinero

Screenshot-25-1.jpg

Uniqueness: 5/10
Background/Set: 2/10
Pose: 2/5

Total: 11/30

Comment: I wasn’t a fan of the effect you put on the picture at all. I couldn’t see your model, her outfit, the set or anything really that was important to see this round. I didn’t know what to score you on really because, like I said… couldn’t see anything that was going on. That effect really distracted from the picture. But that’s just my opinion.

~

22/30

First off let me say good for you for sticking around and I hope you don’t give up. You definitely had a unique idea here but I didn’t like how busy it was, next time focus more on your model, I couldn’t see the little details about her that are so important, her makeup, her clothes etc..

~

Appearence(Costume/makeup/etc.): 2/5

Total: 22/30

I really think that this picture would've been SO much better without the effect TT-TT. I also want to say that I'm VERY proud of you for not giving up (:

55/90

~~~~~~

I'm very sorry to annouce, but aubrie, you have been eliminated T.T
You had very good pictures, but this time it just didn't get the score it needed to move on, I hope you never give up and believe in yourself when taking and submitting photos (:. I hope you lurk <3.

~~~~~~

Assignment Four!!

I'm 9 again! (Not!)

We judges want to see your exotic sim protray childhood games like they're that age again, for example, jumping rope, tag, bubbles etc. it can even be a childhood memory, but please be creative with this shoot! :D we can't wait to see what you all come up with ^.^

If you have any questions, please ask :D

You're deadline is NEXT SATURDAY! (Febuary 27) at 6:00 p.m. EST
We're giving you some extra time to work on this shoot because, abmit it, it's pretty complex :XD: ( sorry o: )

~~~~~~

List of models

sarah_0223 with Penelope Jackson :mrgreen:

cassie2090 with Kali Tate

Squally with Amelia Lockeheart :mrgreen:

snowkitsune06 with Luna Maru

Kaliko103 with Lexi Stone :mrgreen:

Darkslayer with Niwa Daisuke :mrgreen:

lunabear with Blake Williams :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: = Turned in
:wink: = Saw the Assignment
:cry: = Dropped Out

~~~~~~

Simple Rules:

♦ Editing is allowed, but not required, so please don't over-do it

♦ Please no bad comments, this is a place of love and happiness (just kidding xD but still not hurtful comments)

♦ Please no arguments with/about judge scores, they'll help you improve (:

♦ One photo per assignment (unless rules state you can for that assignment) *you can also mesh them together.

♦ Have fun (:

Any questons, please ask! ^-^

Comments

• SquallySqually Posts: 491 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Yay, go DS!

And yay, second! <3 I was so worried about this picture, too.

o.O this challenge sounds tricky again, though... I'm going to have to think it over.

Does it have to be a childhood game, or can it be anything from their childhood? Like eating candy or something?
  • aubrierocks2aubrierocks2 Posts: 2,119 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I dnt really know what to say. Thanks for the oppurtunity. Good luck everyone.
  • xMiraclex37xMiraclex37 Posts: 4,122 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I can pretty much be anything from their childhood, but you get extra creativity if you do a game :thumbup: :P
    edited February 2010
    I dnt really know what to say. Thanks for the oppurtunity. Good luck everyone.

I'm so sorry to see you go aubrie, you did really well ):
    edited February 2010
    Ya thanks...
  • sarah_0223sarah_0223 Posts: 4,502 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I'm really sorry to see you go Aubrie :(

Oh, and I do agree with the scores I got. When I was reading the comments, I was pretty close to literally kicking myself for the white wall -_- But, I didn't know what to put instead! Whichever judge suggested the starry wall was pretty smart though, that would have been way better, I agree.

Oh, well, I'll just have to wow you guys next round ^.^

Speaking of next round, I have a question:

Do we age them down to children, or make them act like children?
    edited February 2010
    @sarah:

Act like children (:
    edited February 2010
    @sarah:

Act like children (:

Okay, thank you ^.^

Did I tell you I joined a 9th competition? :O
    edited February 2010
    Np (:

Oh my goodness sarah XD how are you going to keep yourself together?! XP

I'm off to write Chapter 1 of Rising Sun, so I won't reply for awhile (:

<3 ~
    edited February 2010
    Thanks sarah.
  • KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited February 2010
    aww i liked your picture aubrie! it was fun and eclectic. :)
    edited February 2010
    thanks, your one of the very few who think so...i liked yours to.
    edited February 2010
    Np (:

Oh my goodness sarah XD how are you going to keep yourself together?! XP

I'm off to write Chapter 1 of Rising Sun, so I won't reply for awhile (:

<3 ~

With duct tape, of course <3;)

Ooh, I'm really looking forwards to reading!

@Aubrie: Np, but it's the truth. I read what you had posted on the first assignment, and I'm sorry you didn't feel accepted... but I, for one, liked to have you around :) Please lurk!
    edited February 2010
    :) Thanks, its a strange feeling not to feel like your accepted. Its weird. Thanks again. I will lurk, I liked this competition but I feel like one of the judges didnt like me very well...I will stay hoping they will welcome me back.
    edited February 2010
    :) Thanks, its a strange feeling not to feel like your accepted. Its weird. Thanks again. I will lurk, I liked this competition but I feel like one of the judges didnt like me very well...I will stay hoping they will welcome me back.

Don't worry, I don't feel accepted pretty often at school.

But my real life problems are not important here, so I'll just end that there :P

I'm sorry it was about a judge though :( I didn't detect any problems on that thread, but it's very possible I missed it...

Glad you're lurking though! *hugs*
  • Kaliko103Kaliko103 Posts: 9,402 Member
    edited February 2010
    Sorry to see you go Aubrie :( And I've seen the assignment. I'll work on it tomorrow.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2010
    I'm sorry to see you go Aubrie

...I can't believe I won again ^_^;

This one sounds pretty hard though.
  • RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited February 2010

Erm... at the risk of sounding oh so arrogant and/or unbelievably vain I'm going to ask are you talking about me? I KNOW you aren't talking about Miracle so I'm going through the process of elimination right now.
  • SquallySqually Posts: 491 New Member
    edited February 2010
    This one is sounding really hard :/ I'm still thinking of what to do. Is there any chance we can get a sample picture?

@aubrie: It's sad to see you go, especially since you were having doubts about being in this contest on the last round. I really did like your picture, but I can see why it didn't get such high scores, just because you couldn't see your sim very well. Which is a shame, because she's a pretty sim.

@DS: Fiiix, fiiix XD You owe me five quid now.
  • snowkitsune06snowkitsune06 Posts: 824 New Member
    edited February 2010
    This is going to be fun \o lol

Im in 9 comps also sarah xD
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2010
    I've got a vague idea of what I want to do but there's something I'll need to download and I'm not sure if it's been updated for my game version yet.
    edited February 2010
    This is going to be fun \o lol

Im in 9 comps also sarah xD

:O

I is not alone!
    edited February 2010
    @Squally:
    I can give you some examples (: if you use one it won't mark down your score, because this is a hard assignment :XD:

1. The model could be playing tag or picking flowers, etc. etc.

2. The model could have some sort of important memory

3. The model could just be acting plain old childish

Ask if you need anymore :D

I can't wait to see your photos everyone!! \o/
    edited February 2010
    Oh hai Miracle!

How are you?
  • KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited February 2010
    :shock: 9 comps??? i thought i was going to die and post the wrong pic in the wrong comp when i was only in 3 comps. lol!