Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mother and Daugther Modeling Competition - Assignment 6*Assignment 5 Results!

Mother and Daughter Modeling Competition

This week.. well.. I'm so proud of all of you! I can really see that you all are improving your editingskills and photoskills. I can see you get more creative and maybe a bit more risky too? At least I think that's a good thing, and I really hope to see all of you improve a bit more!

This week three of you had a score of 29 points, and it won't be a elimination, because of lovints' drop-out, because of the HELS-package. Shame on EA, AGAIN, for the hundred time :XD: And because one of you who is in the bottom of the 29-points-people, it doesn't mean *he did have the worst picture. The 29-points-people are arranged randomly, because I really didn't care where I did put you guys, since you have the same score. Lol :oops:

Assignment five results (in order from highest to lowest):

katrina427 with Macey and Ray. Musicgenre: Rap.
kooliesrap.jpg
Model's appearance: 9/10
Creativity: 10/10
Editing: 3/5
Overall appeal: 8/10
Total: 30/35
Comment: Wooah! This cover was freakin' good, I have to say. I love that you actually made bling's for them, and I got to smile because of their faces. I really did like the background you chose for this cover, a lot of CDplayer-thingies and some graffiti. I also liked the black outline at Macey and Ray, and the little logo in the bottom-left corner ;)

With that being said, I have to say that I wasn't that keen on the black hat. I have no idea why, but the pattern seemed just weird.. But I guess that just has something with my taste to do :XD: And, the letters.. wooahhh, they were so big, and I was mostly focused on the letters rather than Macey and Ray, who's actually the ones selling their album :shock: Let's hope the buyers like letters and not model's. Lol!

lehdkat with Aiofe and Grainne. Musicgenre: Indie/Alternative
25f6lqw.jpg
Model's appearance: 10/10
Creativity: 9/10
Editing: 3/5
Overall appeal: 7/10
Total: 29/35
Comment: I think your picture was very cute and the album very.. green? Haha. Although green is a nice colour - yes, it is - I didn't like that much green on a cover. I just realized now that it really isn't that much green, but green is the only thing that I actually remember. The cover really didn't scream indie or alternative to me either, and I'm not really sure about the guitar in one of the pictures. I like the three other pictures, tho, they're beautiful and your model's are looking their best ;)

Syrionia with Blair and Morven
1-2.png
Model's appearance: 9/10
Creativity: 8/10
Editing: 4/5
Comment: Another great picture, even my boyfriend thought so. As I said I'm going to go with what my boyfriend said about your picture, since I don't have any idea at all what Trance/Techno/Electronica-albums look like.

Anyway, my boyfriend told me that your album was pretty cool. It was these lightningsbolts-thingies on it, it did have those ear-things, which I can't remember the name of at the moment :roll: and he said that your album is mostly electronica, which is fine, since the genre was one of the genres you could choose from.

In my opinion the picture was a biiit dark, it may be my screen, but I think my screen is pretty light, so I guess your picture is a bit dark :XD: lol. I really like the text in your photo, though, I think it doesn't overwrite your model's at all, so that's a good thing! I think you model's had "okay" clothes, I know it could've been better, but it may be better when the picture is lighter, I have no idea.. lol.

kelseyjeanne98 with Kali and Harper
2cmnsrm.jpg
Model's appearance: 8/10
Creativity: 8/10
Overall appeal: 9/10
Comment: Honestly... I loved this pic, I have to say! I loved everything from the text to the pink outfits. I think I loved this pic so much because it's so much pink in it, and I love my pink :roll: Anyway, I think you should've edited the piano in another colour, maybe pink that too? I know it may be a bit hard if you're not using the right program to do a bit more editing. I also wasn't that keen on the background you chose, although it makes Kali and Harper stand out more, but I think you should've done a bit more "risky" background (:

Vav2009 with Melody and Harmony
CDcover.jpg
Model's appearance: 8/10
Creativity: 7/10
Total: 27/35
Comment: This one was so sweet, and it was a Child’s Music-cover, and I have to say that it really looks like that too, except from the model’s. I think you could’ve done a better job dressing them up and stuff like that, because they look kind of.. well.. average, or what I should call it :XD: lol.

Your editing was good, though, but it may’ve been a bit too much, but I guess that’s because of all the funky colours burning my eyes out. Haha. Your model’s poses looked good in the picture, I have to say, but I would‘ve liked seeing.. well, maybe some toys and some child-pattern and so on, but hey – I’m just judging, not making ;) I think you did a great job overall, actually! :mrgreen:

Since lovints had to drop out (unfortunally) because of the HELS-pack was ruining her computersystem (shame on you, EA-games!), I’ve decided that no one will be eliminated this round, but instead you guys have to make two pictures for me this week. For further information, read the description.

If you don't enter your picture in time for the deadline, you will be eliminated - no sorry excuses.

Rules:
1. Be creative! Never copy others work.
2. You could edit your pictures, but I would like to see the face of both of your Sims.
3. It needs to be a mother and a daughter. Please don't make it "Mother and Son"
4. Your child could be a toddler, child or teen. Your mom could be a young adult, adult or elder.
5. You need to apply two models, a mother and her child, and you will have to use both of them in every assignment.
6. Please keep the deadlines. You could get one or two days extension time, but only if you remember to tell me that as fast as you can.
7. I guess you'll get about a week (more or less) for each assignment. I guess that'll depend on how hard the task is.
8. You can change hair, make-up, outfits etc. in every single assignment
9. One picture per person. You could add an amount of pictures, as long as you pick out the one you want to count in this assignment. I can't judge four-five pictures (or more) to be one single shot. I hope you understand.

Editing: ?/5
Overall appeal: ?/10
Total: ?/35

Assignment six: A bit of this and a bit of that!
DEADLINE: February the 28th, or when all of the entries are in!
The deadline is sooo huuge, because this time ALL OF YOU need to enter two pictures ;)

Task 1: The dinner
Here’s the deal: I think a lot of you get what this assignment is about, but anyway: You’re going to invite some of your family/friends in The Sims 3 and throw a dinnerparty for them, and ofcourse – your model’s has to be in the center of attention of this shot ;) I know it may be a bit hard, but hey: Practice makes perfect! :XD:
4uggsy.jpg
(lol, I hope you guys can make a better picture than this :XD: Haha.)

Task 2: Travel is fun!
I also guess you all know what this task is about, right? If you don’t have World Adventures, you can always just put your Sims in another background :XD: Show your mother and daughter travel and have fun and be creative here! You don’t have to picture them in front of the Sphinx or the Eiffel-Tower (:
fla455.jpg

You could apply a short story with the picture if you want to, because I love to read stories, as long as they fit the picture it's telling about.
IMPORTANT: This won't affect your score - it's your picture which is essential.

I'm looking forward to see what you guys come up with, because if you think outside the box it'll really be something unique and something YOU. Good luck and enjoy. Take your time, you got lots of it! :mrgreen:
3. lehdkat with Grainne O'Malley and Aiofe O'Malley
4. katrina with Macey Mack and Ray Mack
5. Vav2009 with Melody Jacobs and Harmony Jacobs

(When you've entered your picture, your name and mother and daughter will turn red - after I've edited it ofcourse)

I want your entries in to 28th of February (23:59:59) Convert your time here: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
To: Whatever your destination must be

Comments

• kelseyjeanne98kelseyjeanne98 Posts: 426 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Ha ha. A three way tie for second place. :) I get to it tomorrow, I am at my grandparents house.
  • PiaPiaPiaPia Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited February 2010
    Haha, yeah. I didn't actually care what the scores turned out to be this round, since no one got eliminated :XD: Haha. I really hope no one of you who are left are going to drop out or something. I need my contestants :XD:
    edited February 2010
    Saw it!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SyrioniaSyrionia Posts: 1,371 Member
    edited February 2010
    My score tallied together comes to 27, not 29.
    Bleh, pretty disappointed with my score, the pic doesn't look overly dark on my screen. It looks dark because I shot it at night, wanted a kind of moody atmosphere, but I guess that didn't pay off. Still I suppose it'll help me to improve.

I'll have a think about the new assignment(s)
    edited February 2010
    @ kelseyjeanne: I'm glad to hear that! I'll report in if my game dies on me too, but I think it's playing nice, atleast it feels like it... it may crash and die when I don't expect it.. like when I'm building a huge house and I'm nearly finished! My game usually does stuff like that - no wonder why I've started saving every 5 minutes :roll:

@ Syrionia: Lol, I wrote the wrong points on you. The total is correct, by the way, I just mixed up some scores when I was writing them down :XD: The only thing I pulled you down on the model's appaerance was because of the somewhat dark and "I'm hiding"-clothes. Lol. I know it probably looks a bit brighter in daylight, so I didn't pull you that much for that.

I'm glad you tell me when I've done a mistake on the scores. Even if the total is right, the points which make the total has to be right too, right? Lol, a lot of "right"'s :roll: Anyway, I fixed it, as I said, so I hope you're happy now, mathgenius :XD: lol.

@ Vav: Haha, relax and breaaaaaaathe. You did a great job! 8)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Vav2009Vav2009 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Whew! I was so worried I wasn’t going to make it.
    I had a hard time with that assignment.
    *relaxes*
    edited February 2010
    I hate the Forums... making up weirdoposts.
  • lehdkatlehdkat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited February 2010
    i have a great idea!
    for the travelling bit does it have to be china/france/egypt?
    Can it just be a photoshopped thing?
    edited February 2010
    lehdkat: It can be whatever you like, as long as they don't sit at home :XD:
    edited February 2010
    I have an idea for the holiday one that I'm definitely going to try.
    Still waiting for inspiration on the dinner party one.
    edited February 2010
    My Entrys!
    Travelling:
    vfulae.jpg
    Grainne and Aiofe are on there annual holiday, so they decided to go to London. As they passed this guard, they decided to do the Simerican thing and make faces at him and try to get him to move!
    Dinner Party:
    25u4rys.jpg
    edited February 2010
    lehd - I love both your entries <33

I've only done my travel one, but I thought I'd post it anyway

iceland.png

Despite Morven's best efforts her daughter seemed reluctant to join her in Iceland's beautiful blue lagoon. I wonder why? xD
    edited February 2010
    Skinny dipping I see?
    edited February 2010
    yup xD
    She's so embarrassing
    edited February 2010
    Mothers these daiz :roll:
    edited February 2010
    Lool! Haha. Amazing pictures!

I'll mark you off when you get your other picture in Syr, and I'll mark you off lehd ;)
  • katrina427katrina427 Posts: 610 New Member
    edited February 2010
    omg I cant believe I forgot about this! Today I was thinking about all the contests, and I remembered I had forgot to check back w/ this one...I last assignment I could remember was the Neon one and I knew it was way past that so then I was worried lol

But i realize I have until the 28th now..so that's a relief!
    edited February 2010
    Lol, katrina, it's ok ;) Just remember to get it in before the deadline and I won't follow you into any back alley... :) haha
  • GothicDuckGothicDuck Posts: 406 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi guys! Just a little lurker saying that all you guys' CD covers were AWESOME! 10x better than my Charmed one. All awesome! There's some real talent in this competition!
  • simthang456simthang456 Posts: 21
    edited February 2010
    i will enter and get working on my pics my models are grainne and alanna coughlan mother and daughther :D
  • vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi PiaPia! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing 2 pics (yay!) in this task.
    And the CD covers were fabalous.
    edited February 2010
    Aw, thanks for the kind compliments :D
    I've seen your work GD, your stuff's fantastic <33
    edited February 2010
    i will enter and get working on my pics my models are grainne and alanna coughlan mother and daughther :D
    What-che-cala-blah? (I think that is simlich for "HUH?"
    I'm pretty sure you can't enter anymore. The competition has been running for a while know :shock:
    I dunno, better wait for PiaPia, but I'm pretty sure no one can join at this stage :oops:
    There might be a cycle though :mrgreen:
    Edit: Oh, I realise your new :roll:
    For competitions you normally can only join during the sign ups. We are in Assignment 6, and the sign ups were quite a while ago :wink:
    edited February 2010
    I am back!! I'll get working on the assignment.
    edited February 2010
    @ simthang456: Uhm, this is the 6th assignment of this competition, not the signups, so unfortunally you can't enter before I eventually will start a new season :XD: