Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Family Glitch... NEED HELP! GURUS FIX THIS!

This is a long explanation, so bear with me.

My sim girl was married to this guy she met in France. They fell in love, she invited him to visit her "back home" and then she proposed. As soon as he moved in, like, literally minutes later, he aged into an elder. Their daughter grew into a teen (she was pregnant before they got married - sinners! ) and then because I was bored and the guy was way old, I decided to make them get a divorce. Their poor daughter watched the whole thing and was totally upset about it.

Anyway, he was kicked out and my sim mom started dating this other french guy who was visiting as a tourist and taking pictures near their property. I knew he was married to some girl named Edith, but he was eager to keep hanging out and flirting. How very French of him.

He stayed with my sim mom and daughter for four days and then I decided to keep him around and worry about his actual wife later. I used a cheat and added him to the household and then had him call his wife to visit. She never showed up, and there was a little box that showed up and said "Your foreign visitors cannot come to visit after all. Try again soon." Like 12 hours later, Edith, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 French Guy's wife, was at the door. He greeted her and then she said good-bye before I could have him break up with her. I tried calling her to visit again but she didn't show up in his relationship panel.

Confused, but determined, my sim mom and her new beau went off to France to track down old Edith and divorce her for good. When they got there, Edith was still not in his relationship panel but she kept showing up all over town. He chased after her for 3 lots and then broke up with her.

Here's where it gets even weirder and more frustrating - once my sim mom and her new guy met up after this, one of his first romantic options was to ask her to break up with her ex husband. They were already divorced, but in the relationship panel where they list all the traits of a person, old guy was listed as sim mom's husband. I checked what her relationship panel said about new guy and it said he was still married to Edith.

So I had new guy ask her to break up with old guy, just for kicks, so the confusion about marital status would be cleared up on his end, at least. It's been days and hundreds of interactions later, and the option to have new guy break up with Edith hasn't shown up.

They have both been married before, but they have both divorced with official breakups. So why can't they marry each other? It must be a glitch of some kind, but is there a cheat to erase relationship history with a sim? Or erase a sim altogether - if Edith just goes away, maybe he'll be listed as partner-less again. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    cccccccccccc Posts: 707 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Was that guys name:
    Gerard Morel?
  • Options
    Sam_Iam99Sam_Iam99 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Maybe you could kill Edith.
  • Options
    KlockealKlockeal Posts: 16 New Member