Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RELEASED: the Island from LOST: updated 2/22 with download links for world and for populated vers.

addverbaddverb Posts: 53 New Member
UPDATED 02/22/09
Hi all!

I'm finally ready to release the world and a populated save file. It's so exciting!

Find the links below:

World: http://www.mediafire.com/?0m3kmmmmnmq

Populated save file: http://www.mediafire.com/?qtjggtgnyek (this is a .rar file of a folder. Un-rar it before use!)

Install the world file, then move the populated save file into your Sims 3 save folder. After doing this, the save file should show up when next you play the Sims.

I've had some fun playing with the cast on the island, so I'm including screenshots of most of the characters visiting various landmarks in-game. Let me know what you think!

See the end of this thread for the character list. It was so long, and this post is already long.

There are some new screenshots too... just keep scrolling down!

Enjoy!

older posts:

2/14/09

I'm working on my first world, which will be based on the island where all the action takes place on the TV show LOST. It's based on maps of the island that fans have made, and includes the following canon locations:

*Beach camp (survivers of the mid-section of Oceanic Flight 815)
*Hurley's golf course
*Sun's garden
*Camp near the caves (second camp of the survivors above)
*the Hatch (Swan Station)
*The Black Rock
*Rousseau's camp
*the radio tower
*DHARMA mass grave (graveyard)
*the DHARMA barracks (aka Othersville): including an infirmary, a general store, the gazebo, a general information office/city hall, a security office, the DHARMA school for the gifted and a bunch of DHARMA barracks to live in.

I may indicate the locations of the other DHARMA stations on the map with landmarks like the mine shaft, but I don't intend to make them playable.

I'm a big Lost fan, so that's my inspiration for creating this, but hopefully the world will be interesting for even non-Lost-fans to play. Your playing style in the world will depend a lot on where you choose to make your Sims live: in a survivor camp or in the DHARMA village. The survivor camps are too far away from the DHARMA community landmarks to make commuting to them easy, so campers will need to fish/garden/collect their way into food and money. DHARMA villagers will have more access to the standard amenities.

I should be able to create some screenshots in the next few days! I hope there a some Lost fans out there who will be excited by this!

screenshots from 2/15:
(part 1)

21aagw2.jpg
Survivor camp

3516814.jpg
Sunrise over the crater at the southern penninsula

screenshots from 2/15: (part 2)

30iicrm.jpg
The Black Rock

s1tg90.jpg
DHARMA Mass Grave (the community's graveyard)

6dzpt0.jpg
The Hatch (aka Swan Station) from outside

e6u89c.jpg
Inside the Hatch: the computer room where the button is pressed

2hojjao.jpg
Inside the Hatch: The weapon storage room and the pantry

2lviwlu.jpg
Inside the Hatch: The living area

6szwic.jpg
Inside the Hatch: overall view

screenshots from 2/16:

amuyc3.jpg
Island overhead view: south end

qsmkqq.jpg
Island overhead view: middle

rwuu89.jpg
Island overhead view: north end

2qmhuut.jpg
DHARMA barracks: view from south, in the mountain valley

wlf5ua.jpg
DHARMA barracks: from the north-west

DHARMA village community lots:

bfhs76.jpg
DHARMA School for the Gifted

2hqdssk.jpg
Gazebo

2ikp4qh.jpg
General Store

28te3wi.jpg
Infirmary

t9cxz6.jpg
Park

21ec51z.jpg
Security Office

30wmm37.jpg
General Information/Welcome Center (functions as City Hall)

screenshots from 2/19:

16a9s87.jpg
Mansion-size beach house (Iknow -- there aren't any mansions on LOST, but if you have a big family you have to live somewhere!)

23rn39z.jpg
Cute little house near the caves

vio9sl.jpg
Radio tower at night

rtgwau.jpg
Sonic fence pylons around the DHARMA barracks

126b5w7.jpg
Improved 4-toed statue

2/20/09

35i55a8.jpg
Temple, close up

efglg8.jpg
Temple, medium distance

r1jo.jpg
Temple, from near the 4-toed statue

1zpl2fp.jpg
Temple layout

1ixs38.jpg
The spring

2e2qbsw.jpg
Dogen's room

15ccaow.jpg
Beach camp, from near the mansion-sized bungalow

screenshots from 02/22/09:

2zyl6s9.jpg
Jacob stands in front of the 4-toed statue

aucqy8.jpg
Richard, in the jungle

34y370g.jpg
Sawyer and Juliet enjoy the beach

9vjxpi.jpg
Dogen observes the land surrounding the Temple

35d0ynl.jpg
Charlie rocks out on his guitar

6ifxv7.jpg
Claire, holding Aaron

11s2qo7.jpg
Jin, fishing

24z9b0k.jpg
Sun, gardening

295ya86.jpg
Kate, walking through the graveyard

30c0r54.jpg
Locke, getting heated over something outside the Hatch

2v192l5.jpg
Desmond, entering the numbers into the Hatch's computer

34osltw.jpg
Sayid, training

eddtd.jpg
Rousseau, looking kinda creepy at her camp

w7kjr5.jpg
Miles and Charlotte, hanging out at Hurley's golf course

ek01fp.jpg
Faraday, walking through the valley at sunset

119qzqa.jpg
Jack, waiting for patients at the infirmary

1gkjr8.jpg
Bernard and Rose hug

2zz51cm.jpg
Ben and Alex at home

qqakpj.jpg
Ana Lucia and Libby dance

Comments

• Jackque17Jackque17 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I, for one, am very excited. I was a huge fan of lost, but I haven't had a chance to watch it here lately. So glad you had this idea! Can't wait to see it and actually play it! Good luck!
  • himawara106himawara106 Posts: 70 Member
    edited February 2010
    I am a big Lost fan and thought about creating the island from Lost.

So it would be fantastic if you do this. Can't wait to have it in my game.
  • addverbaddverb Posts: 53 New Member
    edited February 2010
    New screenshots added! Maybe more to come later tonight: the Hatch, the mass grave, and Hurley's golf course.
    edited February 2010
    New screenshots added! What does everyone think so far?
  • MJSIMMERMJSIMMER Posts: 26 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Love it. A lot of work and detail into this world, thank you. I'm very excited to play it.
    MJSimmer
    edited February 2010
    Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited February 2010
    I love Lost! I really like the layout of the island.
  • vampirism4evurvampirism4evur Posts: 6
    edited February 2010
    OMG, this is so accurate! Im also a big Lost fan! I tried to create the island a while back but I had just begun using CAW so it wasnt the best world out there. Anyway, when will it be out? I cant wait todownload it! Youre a genious! :-) :-) :-) :-)
    edited February 2010
    I hope to have at least a first draft out by the end of the week, after I beta it for a while first. I'm planning on releasing an uninhabited version, then another with Lost characters populating it.

I do have a question for all those reading: how many of the residential lots should be left as empty lots? If I remember right, there are 23 residential lots... right now there are 9 empty, but I plan to design 3 more homes, leaving 6 empty.

Is that about right? That would mean there's 3 empty lots in the Darma village and 3 in the survivor camp.

Let me know what you all think!
    edited February 2010
    Added 2/16: new screenshots, focusing on the Darma barracks village and an overhead view of the island.

Feedback is always welcome!
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited February 2010
    Bookmarked! I'm a huge Lost fan and I attempted the Island a couple of weeks ago, but gave up.
    Are you going to going to do the 3-toed statue?
    It looks great so far.
    edited February 2010
    I don't have any idea how to make a statue like that! Do you have any ideas?

I don't think there's anything already made in-game that looks anything like a huge stone amputated foot with three toes!
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010

I don't think there's anything already made in-game that looks anything like a huge stone amputated foot with three toes!

I've never seen "Lost" so I don't have a clue what that looks like, but something to keep in mind if you should try to create it is that you can move rocks in just about any way you can imagine in C-A-W. So for example you could use a large rock for the foot and turn the rock on its side, then put it partway into the ground, then use smaller rocks on their sides as toes.

There are many things that I want to do in C-A-W that I can't see right off the bat how to do. When I let my imagination work on them for a while, then I can sometimes find a way.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    edited February 2010
    I experimented with it a little in CaW... here's what I came up with:

5l53ef.jpg

That looks vagely like the front of a four-toed foot.... right? If you have a good imagination? :oops:
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    Yes, it does look vaguely like a four-toed foot! I'm not quite clear on what the second toe from the right is doing though. :lol:
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    edited February 2010
    That one's gone rogue! Maybe I should fix that...
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Looks great. I have a question, how were you able to make your costume rabbitholes work? .. I tried to make "log cabin" versions of City Hall, etc however they just sat on my map and acted like comunity parks.
    edited February 2010
    I asked that same question! Here's a link to that thread... you should find helpful info there. Scroll down a little and you'll read two different methods of altering rabbitholes. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/172896.page
    edited February 2010
    Thanks addverb, putting the EA rabbithole in a basement and building what I want on the surface looks like a plan :)
    edited February 2010
    That's what I thought too! :)
    edited February 2010
    I just tested putting the EA rabbithole (bookstore) in a basement and building a log cabin "bookstore" on the surface. ... bummer .. the camera follows the sim into the cabin, down the steps, and into the EA bookstore in the basement. Sort of blows the "back woods" look and feel I wanted.

By the way, your island looks great :) .. hope you can get the rabbit holes to work.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited February 2010
    addverb wrote:

I just realized that I typed 3-toed in my other post, but I meant to say 4-toed. I was thinking about how to make it, but I'm not sure. Maybe the terrain sculpting tool could be used to create it.
  • Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited February 2010
    WOW that looks simply amazing.
    edited February 2010
    Thank you!

The main post has just been updated with a download link! I hope people give my world a whirl! Let me know what you think of it here in this thread.

Also, I am working on a version that will be populated with a host of Lost characters, so look forward to screenshots of that!
  • SimlarrSimlarr Posts: 96 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Excellent job addverb. I am a huge fan of Lost and have been working on my version of the island too, but I am very slow. I haven't been able to work on mine for a few weeks so I have no idea when I might finish it.

I am going to have to do some new planning now that we have seen the Temple :)

Did you consider using the tents for the survivor camp?

I can't tell from your screenshots. Did you try to make a representation of the sonic fence?

I really like your Black Rock, massgrave and swan.