March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ability to change/customize our maternity outfits!!

Mamma_StumonMamma_Stumon Posts: 186 New Member
I am sorry but I HATE our maternity outfits! I was hoping with TS3 we would be able to change it or at the very least customize the colors/patterns like all the other clothes but sadly no. Why must you make us look so bad? Is it not bad enough that we have to ba fat while pregnant and moody and have backaches and so on and so on but then you have to make us look stupid with those ugly clothes?? C'mon EA let us pick out the patterns and colors and for goodness sake, let us have the option for skirts (long and short) as well as bikinis. I LOVE the look of the sim mommy's tummy, it is so sweet so let us show it off if we want to!!

Comments

• Joxer4GabbyJoxer4Gabby Posts: 185 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think we should to I can't beleave they did not put that in. Plus you can't even change the hair when they are pregant I under stand the colour if it is linked to the baby but style as well and make up!!
  • CassiopiaCassiopia Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Me too - I just had my first pregnant sim and couldn't believe I couldn't customise her clothes!
  • WARobertsWARoberts Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Agreed, I think one of the expension packs needs to include maternity clothe. This is one of the things that bothered me with the sims since the invented pregnant ones. Maternity clothe is not that frumpy in real life.
  • HaydiesHaydies Posts: 119 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My first pregnancy had aweful clotes... I was able to change the outfit of my pregnant sim into her normal clothes during her first pregnancy. She just walked around in her every day outfit with a big fat belly.

Second pregnancy she got different clothes which actually looked pretty good so I left her in them.

Two pregnancies = different clothes each time.
    I was able to select my sim and change outfit.

:D
  • SympleSymSympleSym Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am sorry but I HATE our maternity outfits!

As is the case with every sim game to date!

TS3 offers an amazing creative opportunity to change/adjust anything to our liking why not maternity outfits... For instance, it could be an option in create-a-sim to select from maternity outfit options. Of course, one will never actually see the maternity outfit in the game until a sim is preggers. This way, we'd be able to select it and create it ourselves without hacks.
  • Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    This is something that bothered me as well when my Sim became pregnant. I didn't mind the sweatpants outfit she jumped in, but I wanted to change it so it matched her color theme. Couldn't even do that much. Couldn't even change her shoes! She was in some very uncomfortable heels for the whole of her pregnancy.

At the very least, it would be nice if they added a 'Maternity' category to the Create-A-Sim for women, so you could pick it ahead of time.
  • BrenbaybeeBrenbaybee Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This surprised me too. :shock: Three pregnancies for my sim and she got the same everyday outfit each time. I actually thought the outfit was kind of cute, but it gets really old after a while. She did have two different sleep clothes with the three pregnancies. The cream colored short spaghetti strap nightgown is precious. She was stuck in highheels for each pregnancy - ouch! Maternity clothes should be included as a category of Create a Sim on the next EP.
  • Allayna241Allayna241 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What I find strange about the maternity clothes is that (especially on the first day) they look just like normal Everyday clothes that the Sim can wear anytime. If they're like everyday clothes, why shouldn't we be able to use the CAS Create-A-Style on them? And I do think it's strange that the option to Change Appearance disappears for pregnant sims. I hope this is addressed in the patch, or at least explained.
  • inkheart27inkheart27 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree-I had expected this...but TS3 didn't serve. Please add this EA!
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    edited June 2009
    YES! I actually liked the maternity wear in Sims 2, but the new maternity clothes are horrendous. They remind me of hospital scrubs. At the very least, we should be able to use CASt to change the colors. To each his/her own, but I didn't want my Sim walking around in ugly brown clothes while pregnant.
  • TheDevianTheDevian Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i agree, i want to be able to do the same thing with the work clothes, and all of the other items we can't customize in our 'fully customizable game' like the stairs, rails, etc. the body shapes should be done more like spore too, mouse over the part you want to change and scroll up or down to increase or decrease the size. "make anyone you want" as long as they fit into our set body types and/or skin colors, but i digress. it's just with how much they bragged about the 'make anyone' and the customizable features i was hoping we wouldn't need all the body type mods etc. It feels like i got the playstation version.
  • BratnicBratnic Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, absolutely hate the ugly maternity wear in TS3. If they can make hair and clothing wearable across age groups and minimum to maximum body types, why did they choose not to make them available to pregnant sims? In case EA/Maxis hasn't noticed RL pregnant woman are no longer condemned to wear grotesque clothing for 9 months!
  • AiweAiwe Posts: 89 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was also highly irritated that I couldn't change the colour of my pregnant sims clothing (I didn't have a problem with the styles, apart from wishing I could pick between then), the shocking pink top that she ended up wearing for most of her pregnancies (five so far) clashed something horrible with her colouring. Seeing as if going for the 'surrounded by family' lifetime wish a female sim is going to spend a considerable proportion of her adult life in maternity wear this is just not acceptable.
  • cecebaby09cecebaby09 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That is defidently true because my sim had on sweat pants and high heels.That does not match or go together what-so-ever. :x.I dont know what EA was thinking when they didnt add the maternity thing on CAS .I hope whenthe expansions coe out they will add this. :roll: :hunf:
  • venusinfurs94venusinfurs94 Posts: 212 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree. This really needs to be dealt with. :(
  • Camen390Camen390 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    What I do before my sim is pregnant I go and plan her outfit either into the dress that they sometimes wear when pregnant or the sweats. There I customize them to my liking, so when the bump shows she's in the outfit I customized.
  • SangeliaSangelia Posts: 144 Member
    edited August 2009
    actually at least they allow for a pregnancy to be shown in the game. TOSG(THE ORIGINAL SIMS GAME) you didnt see a pregnancy. you had the signs as in a heart. and then a crib showed up with kid in it. no show of extended belly on the gal.

still remember when tv shows and also books. pregnancy was a taboo subject. it was also rare to see a pregnant woman walking about outside the home. like in a store.
    and if a gal became preggers. she was expected to give up her job. pretty much no arguement from her was allowed. the rare one was Lucy Ball. but then they made sure that her's was hidden while she was on stage working.
  • ElerneronElerneron Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Actually if you use Plan Outfit to put your sims into the pregnancy enabled clothing styles before they start to show they will retain the look you give those clothes. You have to choose from clothing which has pregnant morphs though (The same styles that your sim changes into when pregnant).
  • bbspongebobfanbbspongebobfan Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The only way to actually (sort of) customize maternity outfits is to make your sim wear a custom outfit you can wear in maternity before they get pregnant. What I mean by this is that if they are wearing the dress that you can wear when you are pregnant BEFORE you are pregnant in a custom pattern, it will be set as your pregnancy outfit.
  • FatalTemptressFatalTemptress Posts: 757 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree, I was quite surprised when I found out they couldn't be changed.
  • EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /agree

IRL, the array of amazing maternity clothes available nowadays allows women to feel comfortable and look stylish - half the time it's even difficult to tell until the third trimester that a woman is even pregnant, if you didn't know already. I'm pretty sure that even (maybe even especially) during pregnancy, when a woman looks as good as she wants to, she feels as good as she needs to, and pregnancy is a time which women need to feel good about.

As if they don't have enough to worry about without looking (and feeling) 'frumpy'.

And entire pregnancies in high-heeled shoes? Don't even get me started on the stupidity of that...

Another thing (slightly off-topic, but relevant, I think) is the stupidly-exaggerated 'pregnant walk' - honestly, pregnant women don't generally start having to walk on eggshells like that until the third trimester, and having them do it so early on is a bit much, IMHO.
  • dezzfarahdezzfarah Posts: 12 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I wish I was getting the clothes that so many of you are talking about. I just got my first Sim pregnant (I haven't felt rushed to do this) and her everyday maternity outfit turned out to be a corseted, thong piece of lingerie and a pair of heels! I couldn't believe that! The other outfits I didn't mind too much and have decided to just have her walk around in the formal or athletic outfit for the duration of her pregnancy, but a piece of lingerie with her butt hanging out as the everyday outfit is just not cool. (I'm not against showing skin, but still.) I too am very hopeful that either a patch or an EP will resolve this issue.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited February 2010
    We can already but it's pretty complicated (for me at the least), and maybe in CAS there can be a new section for ladies called "Maternity" where we can pick maternity clothes.
  • jake06jake06 Posts: 3,456 New Member
    edited February 2010
    do any of u know how to get body mods?
  • peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited March 2010
    i agree, the maternity outfits are really strange imo. xD