Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is anybody els thinking of going back to ts2?

i am thinking of sticking with ts2 at least for a while.

maybe i will wait for eps or patches before i get into ts3.

i am thinking i might end up playing bothe games but definitly not giving up ts2.

is anybody els thinking the same things?

Comments

• SymphySymphy Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nope. I love it so far. It's a new game, give it a chance.

But anyway,
    Have a good time in The Sims 2.
  • iRyanS3iRyanS3 Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I thought about it when my game kept crashing. However, when I fixed it I gave it a second chance and I love it so far.
  • WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited June 2009
    Probably never. I'm happy with my Sims 3 family :)
  • DzivaDziva Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Same. TS2 has a lot of stuff TS3 is lacking.
  • SmithCookeSmithCooke Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Gonna play a bit of both.
    Its like having another child.
    I love them both equally, even if the newer one gets a little bit more attention at first.
  • JuliadotcomJuliadotcom Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2009
    HELL NO! :mrgreen:
  • Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    Are you kidding me? I have to say, your pretty much alone on that one.

I love my Sims3. I kept TS2 until i tried TS3 out, and after an hour of gameplay, I immediatly uninstalled TS2. This is a great game, people need to stop bashing it. :(

anywhoo, THE SIMS 3 ROCKS, NO MATTER WHO SAYS OTHERWISE :mrgreen:
    259g3le.gif
  • hockeymom711hockeymom711 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    We all need to remember how boring the Sims 2 would be with no Expansion Packs! They all start slow...the EPs will come probably every 6-12 months.
  • SmithCookeSmithCooke Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    We all need to remember how boring the Sims 2 would be with no Expansion Packs! They all start slow...the EPs will come probably every 6-12 months.
    Rumor has it November might be it for a new ep (or at least announced somewhere near there).
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2009
    They are both fun games. But the sims 2 is more my style of gameplay. I play multi generations and multiple families. I like seeing where my sims go and what they are doing.

The sims 3 has a lot of great features. I have fun with it. But as others have said, I don't see what is wrong with playing both. Just because something is shiny and new doesn't mean we have to abandon our old games.

I plan on rotating the sims 2 and the sims 3. Like 2 days of the sims 2 and then play 2 days of the sims 3 and keep doing that.
  • jenniferrjenniferr Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    piddlesim wrote:
    They are both fun games. But the sims 2 is more my style of gameplay. I play multi generations and multiple families. I like seeing where my sims go and what they are doing.

The sims 3 has a lot of great features. I have fun with it. But as others have said, I don't see what is wrong with playing both. Just because something is shiny and new doesn't mean we have to abandon our old games.

I plan on rotating the sims 2 and the sims 3. Like 2 days of the sims 2 and then play 2 days of the sims 3 and keep doing that.

thank you. now i dont feel so alone. although i dont know if i could ever love ts3 like i love ts2. ts2 is a lot more my style too.
  • AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009

Can't. I burned my Sims 2 disc along with the box and manuel after I got The Sims 3 in the mail. I'd say I made a good choice.
  • zellixterzellixter Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, its a new game give it a chance. However, I still think I prefer TS2 to TS3. its probably because Im so used to TS2.

I've been working a lot this week so I haven't had much time to play TS3 as of yet, and things seem a bit easier for me to understand now that I have the Prima guide to go along with it. I got all confused at first.

I can always just go back and play TS2 sometime when I get to missing them, I haven't uninstalled it. :) Just a matter of switching disks :D
  • QueenLioness84QueenLioness84 Posts: 232 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Uuggghhh....That would be an affirmative no! I'm loving my game like crazy. I can't seem to stop playing. :lol:
  • topleya22topleya22 Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2009
    I remember the same posts when The Sims 2 came out.

Give it time for expansions packs to come out.

Ok so we lost a lot of great things, but we have gain aswell.

The Sims 2 also had issue's on release and we lost a lot of things from The Sims.

Be patient
  • michaelEAmichaelEA Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    im new to the Sims. what did we lose from TS2?
  • KittyWhiskersKittyWhiskers Posts: 240 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I do miss all the choices from TS2. I had EVERY expansion and stuff pack, so there was a lot for me to do. However I am really enjoying TS3. I haven't gone back yet, but I was toying with the idea of switching back and forth just for variety.
  • KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited February 2010
    i went back to TS2 for a couple days while i was waiting for my computer with ts3 on it to get fixed. it was ok i started a legacy and i was just so amazed at how fast the sim time goes by. ts3 clock is sooo slow -.- im thinking about going back to it but i like ts3's features better. although i have to put up with so many issues. my game takes forever to load and its because of the latest patch. it use to load pretty quickly before i installed that patch
  • bratt_sniperbratt_sniper Posts: 349 Member
    edited February 2010
    I have both in my pc and I find myself playing TS2 more often than TS3:) So I guess I'm with you on that one.
  • ClaireyyyClaireyyy Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited February 2010
    TS3 will catch up with the TS2 EP wise eventually. The same will happen each time a new game is released.
    In my opinion, TS3 has features that the TS2 lacked that make the game for me, such as open neighbourhood and story progression. I hated being confined to one lot and having to visit community lots and if I changed households children would end up older then their parents and that kind of thing...

So TS3 wins in my opinion.
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hell no ;) I love the Sims 3. So much better!
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited February 2010
    No, I don't want to "go back" to the sims 2 for any reason. *shrugs*

But if you want to play it then I say go for it. I honestly hope you enjoy it. Good luck with your families. =D