Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***Creative Designing with Darkside266

Comments

• pinkkittyrokzpinkkittyrokz Posts: 1,192 Member
    edited February 2010
    Looks like I missed a lot lol. Just found this thread and the pages are in the 100s. Wow!

From what I have seen, everyone is doing such a great job.
  • JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited February 2010
    Here's what I've finished on my WIP so far today:

wcbw34.jpg

2ef88eb.jpg

29febt5.jpg

241154p.jpg

2agjneq.jpg

ngstmp.jpg

5lxr20.jpg

n3qzt.jpg

eq5tdx.jpg

25thx01.jpg

ixfbet.jpg

21b6glw.jpg

30lgynr.jpg

28tyiza.jpg

35lxibq.jpg

2mea3h5.jpg

358yx5v.jpg

ekiwll.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Mickey, I think the SP was worth it, just for the corner tub and aquarium and electric guitar! the aquarium holds up to 6 fish, as compared to only 1 with the fishbowl.

Smoky, another beautiful country home! I like the light colors, feels so fresh and airy. Looks like spring!
  • MolleyMolley Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2010
    Here are my first pictures of my house project. Still working on the upstairs and outside

20hrhc1.jpg
    n70cw5.jpg
    1zfj6up.jpg
    2nuhyr.jpg
    xku4cn.jpg
    9zpy8p.jpg
  • MolleyMolley Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2010
    SmokyTopaz your house looks great. how did you build the shelves
  • jadedcat1983jadedcat1983 Posts: 401
    edited February 2010
    I know its not really building related but y'all might find these useful.... I got bored and made some paintings with TSR workshop...which I am now sharing with you. Currently 4shared is the only place you can get them but they should be up on TSR in the next day or so.

All of them are on one lot here: http://www.4shared.com/file/219391171/a99d7607/Jadeds_Custom_Paintings.html

2mey7up.jpg

2yobmvt.jpg

1z3qtdx.jpg

2medco.jpg

2mea0ar.jpg

ogzapy.jpg

1r9o1t.jpg

v2seo7.jpg

294md20.jpg

I have a bunch more but need to get screenshots of all of them.

Jaded
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    Changed my avi again! Muwahahaha. She's purty ;)

Going to work on my Victorian now. Me got some chinese ;)
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Jaded- the First and Third paintings remind me of the book The Last Siege LOL
    23uvol1.jpg
  • jadedcat1983jadedcat1983 Posts: 401
    edited February 2010

LOL...sorry dopn't know it... those are pictures taken by my siter in germany ...she sends me loads of castle and architecture pics which I have blown up and made into prints for my walls in real life...I thought the Sims might like them too.

Jaded
    edited February 2010

LOL...sorry dopn't know it... those are pictures taken by my siter in germany ...she sends me loads of castle and architecture pics which I have blown up and made into prints for my walls in real life...I thought the Sims might like them too.

Jaded
    The Last Siege is quite a good book.

I'm so jealous of your sister!

Want to send me some of those Blown Up Pictures? XD

Sims do need them ;)
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    New palette for my victorian:

Yay!
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Ok, Alpha, its really hard to take you seriously with your avi like that, lol!

Jaded, thanks for the pictures!
    edited February 2010
    More WIP pics:

2z736h4.jpg

1ig2lg.jpg

1629uo.jpg

cm2ia.jpg

1zbgn7o.jpg

169lsms.jpg

2s8lkc2.jpg

2mqqg3q.jpg

2w257y8.jpg

2pqro74.jpg

331lph2.jpg

am5f2e.jpg

2v26ygx.jpg

117ffc9.jpg
    edited February 2010
    I see no one is posting again. I know some are not happy with EA, and staying off the site entirely. Some are prolly having issues. I still like to post my pics, if I can, cuz I know it brightens DS day at work to keep up with what we are doing. :)
    edited February 2010
    Julia- LOL! But she's hawt, so it's all good. I keep forgetting who I am :P
    23uvol1.jpg
  • XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited February 2010

Okay...

It took me a few minutes to get to the reply window, and I don't know if this will go through, or not, but here goes...

As some of you may know, I build my own computers, and they are all state of the art. Despite this, it is taking a long time to get on here, and posting is very "Iffy". I am not having this kind of lag anywhere else on the internet, just here, for some reason that escapes me.

I just checked the "Lots by Downloads" pages, and they still are not updating. One lot by Amoebius says it only has 1 DL, and his page says the lot has 72 DLs. He usually gets several hundred DLs for any of his lots. This speaks volumes about the poor DL numbers that are being gained due to the current faulty workings of this website.

I have decided not to upload any lots, until I see this condition change for the better, and get fixed. My last three lots performed poorly due to the state of the Exchange not updating the DLs.

With whatever precious time I have, I have been working on completing my collections, and building lots for the time that this situation is corrected.

Some Kudos & Recognition on the current few pages...

Julia & Smokey- Your latest builds are almost beyond words! They are extraordinary!

Molley & Mickey- I am very impressed by your WIPs. They are showing great promise, and inventiveness on your parts.

Jaded- I love your starter homes project. They are very well done. I do not use any CC in my game, but would like to thank you for your contributions of all the great CC you have been providing, both created, and the leads you provide. You have have made many of those who do use CC very happy with your kind efforts.

Mickey- You are a great storyteller.

Welcome Kitty! Would like to speak to you over on the Berry Sweet Town Project thread, or PM via TSS.

That's all I have time for now. I do lurk, when I have the chance.

I will have some great things to share, when I see this site running like it should.

Ciao!

edited February 2010
    Wow, this looks so much better now! It's going to have to be CCless, because I'm building this for Fiddy's February Challenge.

5pmr7.jpg
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    X0X1, thanks for popping in, I'm so glad to see you! Thanks!

Here's some more pics of WIP. I updated the living area, cuz I didn't really like it.

aory38.jpg

******.jpg

orp0gi.jpg

21br85l.jpg

10o1hqf.jpg

2hp3b60.jpg

*******.jpg

2woybs6.jpg

6h5004.jpg

4vfx9l.jpg

zthzwk.jpg

2mfasef.jpg

24fhi4x.jpg

9jn8ut.jpg

jpugqt.jpg

2rdiye1.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hey everyone, I justed wanted to stop in to see how's everyone doing. I've had a very busy week.

Mickey: Palmwood Plaza Luxury Condos looks great. It really looks like a luxury condo complex. Very nice chapter, also you have a gift for metaphors.

Julia: Robert Langdon: dl'd and rec'd. I like the gazebo in your new wip. The garden also looks fantastic. You really did a good job with the landscaping.

smokey: English Country House loks great. As always you did an excellent job on the landscaping and interior. I really like the greenery you added to the windows.

Molly: I like what you did with the bathtubs that looks so cool. If you don't mind I would like to use that one day in the future. Also the office and the kitchen looks pretty cool too.

Jaded: Wonderful starters, I've rec'd and dl'd most of them. Hopefully one day I'll get around to play them. I also like the pictures you made. I'm really grateful for all the contributions you've made.

Alpha: I'm glad to hear that you have not gave up on your victorian. It's coming along very nicely and that you are happy with the results. My goodness, you change avi's like a pair of shoes.
  • Micky101037Micky101037 Posts: 2,940 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Well, I have been up to quite few things lately... I have some BIG news... Read on...

Today I am glad to tell you that Me, Racncone, and Jadedcat1983 will be joint judges and presenters in the first annual S.I.M. Awards! (Sims In Mastery) This set of awards is built towards the breakout stars, so the masters, (you know who you are ) do not continually win. And the categories are Best New:

Builder- This award goes to the best new builder out there.

Machinima Maker- This award goes to the best new machinima maker.

Thread(Award to thread creator)

Writer- This award goes to the best breakout writer.

and the most prestigous honor... The S.I.M. Achievement Award- This award goes to the simmers who have greatly contributed to the community, and will be honored as such.

Racncone, Jaded, and I will discuss who wins what in what category. All our discussions will take place in a private chat on TSS and no one else will be able to enter so do not try. As judges we are all un-able to win anything. Please do not post who should win, or anything like that. This is just a heads-up to let you know what is coming. I will post information here, at Micky's Marks and The Simmers Society.

Micky's Marks-http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/162543.page
    The Simmers Society-http://www.simmerssociety.net/
    I will not give out any more information so do not ask.

Leaving you hanging,
    -Micky
    edited February 2010
    ooo, Mickey, you got me all excited!
    edited February 2010
    LOL Thanks Pink!

I haven't bought a pair of shoes in.... Since October XD. I love my converse
    23uvol1.jpg
  • darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited February 2010

sorry,i havent been able to post in a couple of days..but i have been able to read and also been keeping up at the new TSS.

Smoky...i love Greystone..noticed on front porch,you missed repainting a section of foundation.I like your kitchen colors,but the cabinets do seem bright.Everything else looks good,so i have no advice to give.

Micky..typically i would suggest adding vegetation to your hills,but since its an egyptian home,i dont know how it should be landscaped.Your interior looks good though..Love the setup of your community garden.Gave it a rec.Gave both lots recs.

Pinkkitty..soooo glad to see you..i have been wondering what happened to you.i dont think i have seen anything from you since christmas time.Hope the Bad weather isnt getting to you also.If you havent noticed yet,we do have a NEW TSS,hope you follow links and join us.

Julia..Love the clutter,colors and it even looks like you have your driveway a little more sloped now.I really like the overall look..good thing is,if anyone doesnt like the steep slopes,they can always put it on a larger lot and smooth out the cliffs.

Molley...Your house does look a little overly spacious..but i do like your inventive way of doing your tubs and the office.Your kitchen spacing looks reasonable.If you felt like it,you may even try CASing your cabinets to something other than the default colors and textures,thats optional though.

Jade..love the new pics..very cool.

Julia..i still like your colors and clutter..well that was til i got to the kitchen..lol..those colors dont work well for me,but thats just personal taste.I like the layout though.P.S. your right,i do like reading this forum while at work,but i do understand why everyone is avoiding posting here..Thankfully i can get my phone logged into the new TSS,so i still have stuff to read at work.

XO..i'm with you..i know my problems have nothing to do with my PC..it is the EA site..sorry we all have to go through all this.it really puts a crimp in all of us sharing and helping here..Thankfully we do have our offsite Sites for back up though.

Alpha...I am so glad you changed your exterior color..with windows and this color.it is looking so much better in my opinion.

Julia..i like your office..with that monitor,i almost feel like your in my room with my pc..*looking around to make sure your not here*..lol

Pinklady..thank you for stopping in..with the forum issues keeping everyone from posting..it is so nice to see when someone can post.

Micky..i like the idea of your SIM awards..not sure if i qualify or not,since you may be copnsidering me one of those so called masters..it would be cool if i was considered,cuz i cant pick my own build for the top picks anyway at TSS..or at least i dont cuz i dont feel it would be fair.

well hopefully this post goes thru,and i will post more when i can,otherwise look for me at TSS.
    edited February 2010
    LOL, its okay if you don't like my kitchen DS, I won't let anyone else in to cook, anyways! And the office is actually for my hubby, he really wants his own office. As well as the media room and game/party room, lol! The rest is MINE! Well, I'll let him use the home gym I guess.
  • pinkkittyrokzpinkkittyrokz Posts: 1,192 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hey DS. I know, its been sooo long. Its been really hectic here. I did notice the new TSS. I checked it out real quick yesterday. Still don't have as much time as I used to, but I will definitely try to check in as much as possible.