Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for EA to release the "Create-A-World -- BETA" tool on the Mac platform.

Comments

• tojkijintojkijin Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2010
    sergiogra wrote:
    I find that everyone thinks yah us macs should get create-a-world...
    but, I think Ea made it so its only Intel based computers...
    Because with every intel mac comes bootcamp where you can run windows on your mac and use windows programs, I think you guys should consider trying this before whining about it... at least there making it so that its compatible with both systems on one disc i mean before it wasnt and it was a PAIN IN THE *** to find sims 2 for mac in a store....
    :roll: so a solution to all you.... TRY BOOTCAMP, its free, also if you guys didnt notice Create-a-world is in beta form still
    it is way easier to make programs on windows so just chill the **** out... really

Okay,
    I do agree with the mac gaming that our systems are the best, why dont we have games? I was really ******-off when Star Trek online was pc only. Im guessing that gaming companies are realizing that macs are good gaming computers we are labled as the terrible because of out lack of customizing our system, but its getting better, i grew up my whole life with macs and it always bummed me out that i couldnt play games on the computer but lately it has been better...
    The reason these games are windows is because of it being the first and "everyone" has a pc.. even my county school board removed macs from our schools and replace them with pc's that are slower than my 86 year old grandfather and he is 6ft under...

I do think they will make a mac version of this after its out of beta... so just cool your jets.... im sorry to rant so much but really did you guys think ahead or even take the opportunity of using your macs to their full potential? Go on apple.com and look at thier support on bootcamp and figure it out if you guys cant wait. I want it too but I am happy that they had released riverview
    thanks but ill just wait :roll:

Bootcamp isn't free if you don't have a copy of Windows. Thats why most can't do this. Unless..you duel boot. Then obviously you could.
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed for you Mac's. I'm a PC, and I find this UNFAIR!

WHAT HAPPENED TO EQUAILITY?!?! XD
    23uvol1.jpg
  • LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Here's what I think we should do... start contacting different techie blogs and reporting the unfair and unequal treatment of mac users. Because our complaints in a 22 PAGE TOPIC, are somehow being ignored and "overlooked". How do you overlook a topic that's 22 pages long?

That's like walking past a man on fire and saying you didn't see it
  • EMUMMERTEMUMMERT Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    Sign me up!

I really wanted the tool, and I was really disppointed to hear it wasn't for Mac users.
    edited February 2010
    LDoCampo wrote:

I'm totally not guilty of that *shifty eyes*

LOL Just kidding, I just got a kick out of reading that
    23uvol1.jpg
  • LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited February 2010
    You will never guess who I just saw at the petrol station - it was that human torch guy from the Fantastic 4 film.
    I tried to get his autograph but he just kept rolling around on the floor screaming.

Sorry, that reminded me of that joke!
    edited February 2010
    XD
    23uvol1.jpg
  • addverbaddverb Posts: 53 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed!
  • reeces00reeces00 Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    Why is this STILL NOT OUT!?!?! Goodness, I know it's a Beta, but from what I've seen it's work fine for all the Windows people, which is amazing. Most of them don't even know how to tie their own shoes...
  • MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited February 2010
    still nothing?? (Haven't played since this disappointment... just checking... will continue not playing because of this lack of support)
  • AriallaArialla Posts: 12
    edited February 2010
    Signed.
  • GrammarKingGrammarKing Posts: 2,231 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed. I am outraged. EA FINALLY releases a disc for both PC and Mac...yet that can't release a tool without PC having the upper hand. This is outrageous!
  • karldergrossekarldergrosse Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    SIGNED Absoloutely i'll sign this!!!! it's so great you guys are organizing this This is a huge mistake that EA made!!!!!
    I would sign this a hundred times if i could. :mrgreen:
  • edited February 2010
    Signed

i would love to use CAW and layout my own town but i was really upset that it was 4 PC only :(
  • Hayley756Hayley756 Posts: 78
    edited February 2010
    Signed.

I was really excited about making worlds until I saw it said PC Only.
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited March 2010
    This is good, we now have over 278 signatures everyone; thank you for your continued support—EA can't ignore our existence forever. Again, I'd like to thank the PC users who are signing this on principal, as well as all of the other Mac users who are signing this as well.
    TDizzle wrote:
    It's unfair to advertise that a $60 game is Mac-compatible, then not offer all the same features and add-ons for Mac users that PC users are getting. I'm pretty disappointed and I won't continue to buy future EA games if I know this is what I can expect.
    Well said, TDizzle. It's not not only unfair, but it's also quite deceptive to advertise that a game is Mac-compatible and then not offer all offer all of the same features and add-ons for that game. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that what EA did borders on false/deceptive advertising, but fails to meet the criteria that would be required for a lawsuit, because EA stated up-front that CAW--BETA was PC-only. (If there are any lawyers here who believe otherwise, please say so.) However, just because EA didn't break any laws doesn't mean that what they're doing is ethical or even a good business practice. High-End Loft is WIN/MAC compatible, which is great, but EA has yet to offer a good reason for not porting CAW--BETA or otherwise to the Mac.
    LDoCampo wrote:
    Here's what I think we should do... start contacting different techie blogs and reporting the unfair and unequal treatment of mac users. Because our complaints in a 22 PAGE TOPIC, are somehow being ignored and "overlooked". How do you overlook a topic that's 22 pages long?
    LDoCampo, I agree completely, and I've mentioned this before as well as a few noteworthy Mac/Tech blogs. DataWizard posted this suggestion as well way back on page one of this thread, as well as a few blogs, perhaps you could suggest a few as well. I've suggested MacRumors and a few others in the past, but I really think this might be the way to get EA's attention.
    LDoCampo wrote:
    LOL, I'm picturing the EA employees who gave me Windows solutions to Mac-specific problems doing that. :roll: Seriously though, it's not like the Guru's could have "missed" this thread, and even if they did, EA's phone-based tech support (and supposedly their web-based tech support) reads these forums for any information about bugs and overall feedback, even if they don't reply to individual threads; this is how they knew about the issue with the promotional content not working, and I've witnessed an EA employee do this first-hand when I called their tech support line, so it's not like someone couldn't pass the message along to the developers or the higher-ups at EA if they didn't see the thread directly. This really is a case of EA sticking their head in the sand and ignoring us in the hopes that we'll go away. I also hope that EA knows that if someone such as myself "goes away," I'll be taking my money with me; however, I have no intention of just "going away" anytime soon.
    reeces00 wrote:
    Why is this STILL NOT OUT!?!?! Goodness, I know it's a Beta, but from what I've seen it's work fine for all the Windows people, which is amazing.
    Actually, it's not "working fine" for all of the Windows people; it's working fine for most of them, but there are still several bugs. I did manage to get CAW--BETA to run on one of my Windows machines but it crashes every time I try to save a world, and the save/crash bug has been documented by others. CAW--BETA does work for most people though, and while I've heard people had problems with it using Parallels, I've heard that it runs fine if you're running Windows on your Mac with VMWare Fusion or "real" Windows via Boot Camp. There's no excuse for EA not to port CAW to the Mac, and they're really dragging their knuckles on taking the tool out of "beta" and putting out a finished product. Again, I'd be fine if only the beta version were PC-Only, my worry is that EA intends to keep the finished version PC-Only, or worse, never allow the tool to leave "beta." In fact, EA may refer to the tool officially as a "beta" release, but it's the exact same tool they used for Sunset Valley and Riverview, so calling it a "beta" is a bit of a stretch, but I understand EA's reasoning. They probably used identical machines for development and thought that their might be compatibility issues with different configurations. What I don't get is why they didn't port CAW--BETA when they announced it would be released publicly.

In any case, I'd like to thank everyone again for their continued support, and I think LDoCampo's idea about contacting tech blogs is one that's worth pursuing. Again, thank you all for your continued support.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • kloperman9kloperman9 Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    How do you sign?
  • singinhorsegirlsinginhorsegirl Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    279. singinhorsegirl

I don't really know if this is the way to sign so if it's wrong could someone sign me up?

Personally, I'm really ticked off that EA hasn't released CAW for the Mac, or even any news about their plans for CAW in relation to the Mac. It's infuriating; as long as they don't release anything saying that they are for sure not going to release it for the Mac, there is nothing "official" that players can argue against. At the moment, EA can just ignore us because they haven't done anything "legally" wrong as far as I know. It makes me so mad.
  • OMGzOMGz Posts: 127
    edited February 2010
    Sign me up please :D Personally, I'm extremely disappointed that I can't create my own worlds.
  • joshcalvertjoshcalvert Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    signed! i totally agree! this happens with all types of software not just TS3. however, the software we do get i prity much twice as good as the windows version! :D mac= <3:)
  • ChaosBunnyChaosBunny Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Ugh, YES! Signed. I have wanted for the longest time to be able to use the CAW tool... but I have no PC! Frustration. :evil:
  • SEF1994SEF1994 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited February 2010
    YES! i know! i love the idea of making your own towns... but of course Mac users are left with out anything again...
  • aforamyaforamy Posts: 7 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed.

I never post on here, except for this one reply - all for the slimmest chance of getting Create A World.
  • frenchfryfrenchfry Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed!

I agree wholeheartedly, and am thoroughly disappointed that we are being left out of the CAW equation.
  • frenchfryfrenchfry Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed. I do not appreciate being left out of the CAW equation.