The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***Creative Designing with Darkside266

Comments

• Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    My fail update on my Victorian:

2myb0b4.jpg

I added a third story, and it looks great. I just need to rethink the whole floor plan :roll:

Now some piccies from Butterfly Acres!

2ekj8zl.jpg

2nba70n.jpg
    23uvol1.jpg
  • darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited February 2010
    How to make bunkbeds- by awesome_phoebe

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=117475
  • simtweeksimtweek Posts: 267 Member
    edited February 2010
    I'm a page late but happy 100! I'd say more but I don't think this will post. Got 22 inches of snow today...how much did you get windrider?
  • JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited February 2010
    Heehee, my plan of sending the snow east is working! Judy and DS will help me :twisted: :P

Next time I get a chance, I will go outside and take some pics so you guys can see what I mean. They said this is the most snow we've gotten in a winter since sometime in the 1800s. And we still have atleast 2 months to go! They are predicting flooding this spring, it will be a mess.

Hubby has my computer built! I have 2 computers, 2 keyboards and 2 mouses on my desk right now lol! he installed TS3 base game, WA and HEL on the new one without my current game so I could play around with it. I don't want it installed to my game till I'm done with my build. I should have lots of time to kick butt and have it done next week!

ok, it was a long hard day at work, and I'm thinking about having some nectar and getting toasted! Have a good night, everyone!
  • MolleyMolley Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2010
    I haven't been able to get on the forum for a couple of days. I get a 502 Proxy error. I'm finally here. I started my new house---again. Working on the garage on foundation. I think I will do the garage again, as the door isn't working. I haven't had a change to read everything. We on page 90 last I looked
  • MolleyMolley Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2010
    So, I had a quick scan what was happening in the last couple of days. You are all so good. Great ideas. I may be late, but happy 100!
  • craigst39craigst39 Posts: 434 Member
    edited February 2010
    Ok here is my current WIP. Please be honest.

503d4p.jpg

311oxah.jpg

106cb2q.jpg

Please tell me what you think.
    edited February 2010
    Craig- I like how the half wall makes it look like a duo tone full wall ;)

IMO the coffee table looks odd.
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Craig- I like how the half wall makes it look like a duo tone full wall ;)

IMO the coffee table looks odd.

I thought it looked kind of odd also.
  • judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited February 2010
    :P :twisted: Muahahaha Yes, Julia, our evil little plan has worked- we have managed ro redistribute massive amounts of snow to all of those other places!! And, actually it's been sooo nice here that much of our snow is disappearing into a wet messy slush!! I had a fairly good day today... my daughter went to pick up her new car yesterday!!! Well, ok, it's not new but hey it runs great,has 4 wheel drive and enough room in the back for our moose dog, Sadie the black lab! We had to take it out this morning and get it all broke into the potholes! I have never seen such huge pot holes around this area before! then again, haven't ever seen this much snow in this area either! Ok, now that my weather post is done... ummm yeah, I forgot what else I was going to say?!!

Ohhhh yeah, Craig I agree, the coffee table does look a bit odd. But, I love the half walls!!
    edited February 2010
    Craig, I really like the half walls on top of the sunken walls. The overall design looks good. Will you be putting anything around the landing?
    edited February 2010
    I love the new SP! I started playing the Wolffs, and remodeled their master bathrooms. Here are some pics:

qnkwt5.jpg
    mlqate.jpg

15s1z7s.jpg

2i0qan8.jpg

I also gave Thornton and Morgana makeovers. They were hot for each other by the time I was finished!

141la2g.jpg

21d0q5f.jpg
    edited February 2010
    :P :twisted: Muahahaha Yes, Julia, our evil little plan has worked- we have managed ro redistribute massive amounts of snow to all of those other places!! And, actually it's been sooo nice here that much of our snow is disappearing into a wet messy slush!! I had a fairly good day today... my daughter went to pick up her new car yesterday!!! Well, ok, it's not new but hey it runs great,has 4 wheel drive and enough room in the back for our moose dog, Sadie the black lab! We had to take it out this morning and get it all broke into the potholes! I have never seen such huge pot holes around this area before! then again, haven't ever seen this much snow in this area either! Ok, now that my weather post is done... ummm yeah, I forgot what else I was going to say?!!

Ohhhh yeah, Craig I agree, the coffee table does look a bit odd. But, I love the half walls!!

:evil: :evil: We have like 3 feet of snow now!!!

Congrats on the car! Our dogs might be twins O.O XD
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Ok, this is crazy, but I'm on my new PC and I am having NO problems with the site! It is really, really fast! The only things I have on here is the base game, WA, and the new SP without any extra, and internet. I am using IE, I don't even have firefox yet! I hope that doesn't mean everyone needs new computers, lol! I'll try to test it during peak times, part of it could be maybe there is not a lot of people on right now.
    edited February 2010
    Time to toot my own horn! I have a record number of DL for a lot(for me, anyway)! Over 600 DL now for Winterberry Cottage!
    edited February 2010
    Julia any suggestions on what i could do with the landing? Oh and congrats on over 600 dl's.
  • Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2010
    Craig-I like it! I like the table your using for the coffee table, maybe just put the 3 in a row. As for the landing, I would just add some plants and a table here and there to display goodies on. I will be a great place for pictures and paintings!

Julia-yay-congrats on over 600 dls!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2010
    Cera13 wrote:
    Craig-I like it! I like the table your using for the coffee table, maybe just put the 3 in a row. As for the landing, I would just add some plants and a table here and there to display goodies on. I will be a great place for pictures and paintings!

Julia-yay-congrats on over 300 dls!

Thank you cera you just gave me some ideas.
  • windrider1967windrider1967 Posts: 96
    edited February 2010
    Julia -

congrats on the DLs!!! Great job. Your cover pics are so nice it doesn't suprise me.

Please. Please, Please tell me the corner tub is available on the store and not outrageously priced. I have been looking SO HARD for one of those.

As to the snow, prob 12-14 inches max, hard to tell with all the wind, my front porch is bare and my mailbox post is 3/4 buried. We normally don't get this much, most in at least 15 years between last weeks and this weeks.

Finished the "Modern Minimalist - see post on pg 101 for link to wip gallery, will post some pics up here tomorrow. Landscaping is junk, but the inside... I think this is definatly my Feb dream home!
  • judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited February 2010
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Julia, congrats on the dls!! and on the new puter working so well!!!

YayYayYay for me!! Here is the last room!!!! After this I have a few finishing touches to do on the yard/landscaping... I was waiting for the rest of the garden features to come out at tsr!! :lol: Then I will work on creating the family!

this is the attic bathroom/workout room
    4hqoo6.jpg
    1askx.jpg
    4rw006.jpg
    s1ia08.jpg
    29nxvgg.jpg
    e830bo.jpg
    2vdqhd1.jpg

You may have noticed that there are no computers any where on the lot...well, they just didn't go with the time period but, when I do the family- I will be putting some laptops in their inventories to help them out a little!!
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2010

FINALLY I’m able to post something. I hope this works.

Nam: Thanks for the shell, I like it a lot

Craig: Welcome back, I’m glad you got a new video card, I’ve also had the same problem this week, it is all fixed now.

Xoxo1: I love your collection, I don’t think it is over the top at all.

windrider: your modern minimalist looks good. That tub is from HEL. I'M absolutely grateful for that tub it is so modern.

Julia: congrats on dl’s

Judy: I can't wait till it is all done. You always put your all into your builds.

Here’s is my latest WIP my dream home I think I’m going to call it Home on the Lake. BTW thanks Lil for the wonderful tuts without them I don’t think I would have been able to conquer this build.
    2h58r3n.jpg

v5jqyc.jpg

2ng4etg.jpg

qotxs8.jpg

352qeex.jpg

I'll try to post pics of the interior later.

DS: Thanks for helping learn how to think outside of the box.

I know this is late but HAPPY 100!
    edited February 2010
    I forgot who asked, but the corner tub is in the new SP.

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited about the DL, I just wish I could upload Windsor Estate, I'm curious how many downloads I could get out of it.

Pinklady, I love your bridge and gazebo! You just gave me a great idea!

Craig, I would have suggested the same thing as Cera, plants and stuff like that. A bar would work, too!
  • Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hey Julia, If your Windsor Estate won't upload because it is too big, someone suggested you try CheatEngine. He gave directions on the technical thread here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/168264.page#2015716

Also, I have not had a lot of the forum issues others are having, although 2 days ago I got a proxy error while trying to post. I don't know what the deal is! I'm glad your new 'puter is working so well, though.

PinkLady: That house is absolutely captivating! I love it! You have really come far with your building and decorating. Everybody should go back and look at some of your original homes and see where you have gone, because I believe we have all made great progress.

Craig: I really like your new WIP, the furniture placement is great (well yeah, except for those pesky coffe tables, lol. As far as the landing, do you mean going all the way around? I was thinking either library or art gallery or both? I forgot what the pictures looked like now, but maybe that gives some ideas.

I'm off to build. Anybody know if it is against legacy rules to add an NPC ghost family to your town for a story line?

EDIT: The forums seem faster today, but I don't know why? Do you think they may have actually fixed something? :wink:
  • windrider1967windrider1967 Posts: 96
    edited February 2010
    Morning all.

The WIPs look great.

Yeah I went back to start redecorating some of my original homes and they just made me go ... yeah right ... much better than I ever did on the sims 2 etc ... but still.

Sherry - I believe adding any nps's or families into a legacy town is against the rules. Don't have the official link, but if you search "legacy challenge" on the forums there is a thread to the rules. Normally was a legacy player before I became obsessed with building.

Thanks all that replied on the corner tub. That stinks. Been out of work on disability since july and having problem even meeting bills. Maybe I can ask for it for my Bday in March. Only shame is even if I get it won't transfer to anyone who doesn't have the SP. Have to see if someone comes up with something on TSR now that the EA object is out.

FYI - found another great online decorating tool http://www.colorsontheweb.com/colorwizard.asp

it is an online color wheel and palette generator. Has a random feature as well as the ability to enter your "base" color, be it the accent or whatever and it kicks out all sorts of color choices for you, complimentary, triad, monocrome, 6 in all. Love it, Love it

Off to check out some landscaping sites for inspiration on the exterior of the Modern Minimalist. Here are some pics of the current exterior and interiors. Just need to finish adding some decor items in the kitchen, but other than that basically done the interiors.

** updated ** A little curb appeal goes a long way. think I am about ready to try and upload this one. Let me know of any changes that you think would help. Preferred pics for the display? Really want this one to POP.

Exterior

4fxqc6.jpg

Floorplan

2f06n0l.jpg2aj58vr.jpg

Master suite

206cvnb.jpg2hrigex.jpg

n2xqox.jpgvs2m9v.jpg

living

1g35s.jpg140eo9f.jpg

dining

29ygx7l.jpg15hyb60.jpg

kitchen

zmidki.jpg15rbfhk.jpg

sitting/breakfast

10fyvqh.jpg

study

rtp6zc.jpg

Hopefully pics are ok to see. I sized down to keep the post from running too long.

Windrider
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks windrider, I guess I was just lazy, I should have looked it up first, lol.

Going by Pinstar's legacy rules, it says: "You are allowed to create/download/import sims and families into your Legacy neighborhood, they just cannot join the family."

So I think it's okay, as long as they don't join the family. Although, if they marry into other NPC families in the town, then are you allowed to marry those children into your family? Hmmmm, I may try to hunt someone down to ask. I'm trying to play right, just wanted to add more to my story line. :mrgreen: