March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Future Expansion Pack

I know that there are a lot of these threads but I really want this, a time periods EP. I mean how cool would it be to be back in the 20's?, 40's? or 60's? I mean in the 20's you could have a Mobster career track, in the 40's you could have factory workers, in the 60's you could have hippies, there is just so much you could do....

Comments

• LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I like this. Well done :thumbup:

Seeing different era's of time in the game would be great.
  • Beth8301Beth8301 Posts: 4,657 New Member
    edited February 2010
    yeah that would be sweet...it would be a fresh idea too..something out of the usual "sims loop" of expansion packs
  • HollisterGuy1922HollisterGuy1922 Posts: 172 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks, I have wanted different periods of time since TS2, I mean you could change the style as much as you wanted but you still have the rest of the town that is up to date. For the 20's you could have downtown Chicago, 40's you could have New York City, 60's you could have San Francisco
  • jaqulle999jaqulle999 Posts: 72 New Member
    edited February 2010
    i see this as a stuff pack more than a expansion pack
    edited February 2010
    I guess but I would still be Epic none the less
  • onyx0xonyx0x Posts: 31 New Member
    edited February 2010
    i like the idea, instead of choosing a neighborhood you chose the decade, then went off to that 'area' where there were plenty of different interactions, different clothes and different inventions at the time. but- it would probably be too complex for the game to handle, and EA doesn't usually go with new ideas anyway
    edited February 2010
    I don't think so, remember BV for S2? You had different interactions in each area, new sims, new everything so I think that they could pull it off, the only problem is either it will be epic or god awful
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited February 2010
    this would be too difficult to add at this point in my opinion . but its a very cool idea none the less.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2010
    The only way this would work is if EA would make standalone games that were set in different time periods.

The problem with that is that it would have a very limited marketing range, which is why EA won't do it.

And since The Sims 3 is supposed to be a prequel to The Sims which came out in 2000....how many of you would be playing if they'd set the game in the 60's and 70's before computers and all the other things we take for granted in TS3?

But like I said...different stand alone games for various time periods would be the way to go. Unfortunately, if they do that, people would be very unhappy with them if they left out their favorite time period.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • BeachGirl6747BeachGirl6747 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited February 2010
    When they introduced The Sims Stories games a few years ago, I thought about how it would be cool to have a historical version of the game that was set in medieval times or the frontier days and gradually Sims could work their way up to more modern times as the generations passed. I do think that this would work better as a stand alone game than an expansion.
  • shelleypotbellyshelleypotbelly Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2010
    I thnink the best alternative could be an option to set a them for your neighbourhood. Kinda like the collections system in The Sims 2 where you could put certain objects and clothes in a collection and select that neighbourhood to only use x,y or z collections.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited February 2010
    I know that there are a lot of these threads but I really want this, a time periods EP. I mean how cool would it be to be back in the 20's?, 40's? or 60's? I mean in the 20's you could have a Mobster career track, in the 40's you could have factory workers, in the 60's you could have hippies, there is just so much you could do....

That would be a dream come true for me, I've been wanting to create sims from different eras since from day 1. I think I already suggested it in one of the gazillion EP idea threads, a decades ep that would go from the 80's back to the 1800's and then some. I created a couple of households based on Anne Rice characters, and they just don't look right, because I didn't have the right clothes or hair for it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Kain129Kain129 Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    while i agree that the past times would be cool i would personaly like to see a mythical beings expansion bring back the vamps, wolfs and witches and wizards wat do u lot think
  • nico168bnico168b Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    i want to be able to build a backyard roller coaster and water slides

just like on youtube 'blue flash'