Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for EA to release the "Create-A-World -- BETA" tool on the Mac platform.

Comments

• buntinggirlbuntinggirl Posts: 69 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Please add Buntinggirl to the list.
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Again everyone, thank you for your continued support. I sincerely hope that EA is reading this and taking us seriously. It's ridiculous that we're still being ignored, and haven't even gotten so much as a "we're working on it," or some other form of acknowledgment from EA.

Also, I may have some "good" news: I might have found a legal workaround to the lack of CAW--BETA for the Mac, that doesn't involve purchasing Windows and/or Windows Emulation software. I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with a tool called Wineskin, but it might be a temporary solution to our problem. Those who are interested, should take a look at the following link: http://wineskin.sourceforge.net/

From the Wineskin website:
    What is Wineskin?

Wineskin is simply a wrapper used to make ports of Windows™ software to Mac OS X. It can contain a Windows™ program inside of it, and launch and run it easily by just double clicking the file like a normal Mac .app. If you make a port that uses software you are not licensed to distribute, you can still get it working, and clear out the programs, then allow others to have copies of your wrapper so they can put their licensed program inside of it and use it.

Now I'm sure some of you are probably wondering what the "catch" is, right? First, we'd need people who are capable of creating the Wineskin *.app "wrapper;" basically we'd need someone with programming talent. Second, the use of Wineskin would obviously be unsupported by EA. The final catch is that each user would have to download the Windows version of CAW--BETA from EA, and manually copy the files into the Wineskin wrapper for this workaround to remain legal.

While I still think that EA should be releasing CAW--BETA or otherwise for the Mac, I think Wineskin might be our best option for the time being. We'll need someone with programming capabilities to create the *.app wrapper, and to write instructions so that other CAW--BETA users can load their copies of CAW--BETA into Wineskin and attempt to use the tool. I can't promise that this will work, but at the very least, it's worth a shot, and whomever writes the wrapper would certainly be doing the entire Mac community a favor.

Having said that, I'm still hoping for an official CAW for the Mac, but if we can get the tool to work with Wineskin, that'd be better than having no tool at all. I think we can all agree that a little bit of work to drop the files into the wrapper would be better than not having CAW--BETA at all, or having to drop $200+ on Windows if we don't already have a copy of it.

Again, thank you for your continued support of this petition, and as stated before, please see DataWizard's post on the first page of this thread for other ways to try to persuade EA to release CAW for the Mac.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lanamayahlanamayah Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    SIGNED. i was trying to download it and it wouldn't work so i scrolled up and found out that i missed the "PC Only" which made me really angry. Now i have been with the sims since the first edition came out and i would go and pay up to 70$ for it because i thought it was totally worth it, and now i am so disappointed because i just switched to mac because my PC broke down because i installed so much sims on it (shoulda really considered an external hard drive.. ) and now they're telling me that i should've stuck with PC?? I think its outrageous that they would even think of not releasing a mac edition, but even more outraged that they wouldn't release it at the same time as the PC version. I would understand if we were still in 2001 when not a lot of people had mac or mac compatible sims but i mean honestly, how stupid do you have to be to not release a mac compatible CAW after creating a mac compatible sims?? They better release one soon or else they're gonna lose a lot of their mac gamers, including me.

P.S. we shoulda been able to create worlds to begin with, like how we were able to with the sims 2. PLZ fix this.
  • momomo544momomo544 Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    They are so bad. not for macs? this is crazy :evil: i so sign this

*signed!!*
  • billydillybillydilly Posts: 577 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Signed. From a PC user because I think Mac users should have the right to customization as well!
  • Frank1974Frank1974 Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    signed !
  • Tavo0242Tavo0242 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed those guys most tells us why they didn't made the tool for Mac
  • Gtherocker12Gtherocker12 Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    U can add my name to the petition
  • BigQ_0789BigQ_0789 Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    BigQ_0789

Yeah I was looking forward to it....then i just looked down....tear
  • patstatspatstats Posts: 226 Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed!

I want my in-game shopping button, too!
    Simmering since the beginning!
  • gloriakgloriak Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Signed!!!!

I am totally agree with what you said.!!!
  • MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited February 2010
    lanamayah wrote:
    SIGNED. ... i am so disappointed because i just switched to mac because my PC broke down because i installed so much sims on it (shoulda really considered an external hard drive.. ) and now they're telling me that i should've stuck with PC?? ..."

:lol: I rest my case

(you obviously did the right thing in switching)
  • LouisaSMLouisaSM Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2010
    Sign me up - I'm a Mac user and this is an outrage - its really put me off buying WA
  • noelle9999noelle9999 Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    *signed*
  • ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited February 2010
    Sign me up too!
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Pintochick07Pintochick07 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I would love this, sign me up :)
  • TDizzleTDizzle Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed!

It's unfair to advertise that a $60 game is Mac-compatible, then not offer all the same features and add-ons for Mac users that PC users are getting. I'm pretty disappointed and I won't continue to buy future EA games if I know this is what I can expect.
  • emmajsholiemmajsholi Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed!

I'm so annoyed that they haven't rectified this by now :x
  • SimCooleoSimCooleo Posts: 99 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Signed! :)
  • Simmer_WillSimmer_Will Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2010
    *signs*

I was in love with this tool when I heard about it and I'm so disappointed it's not for Macs. :(
  • SimSam13SimSam13 Posts: 338 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Sign me up.
  • ChewyRAWRChewyRAWR Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I agree, it's not fair :(

Sign me up!
  • allyrockallyrock Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Way not fair, I've wanted to create my own town for a long time.

Sign me up.
  • YureiYurei Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I have been wanting to create my own world since the game came out, and now that you can they deny mac users the ability.

Please put my name down for this!
  • sergiograsergiogra Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    I find that everyone thinks yah us macs should get create-a-world...
    but, I think Ea made it so its only Intel based computers...
    Because with every intel mac comes bootcamp where you can run windows on your mac and use windows programs, I think you guys should consider trying this before whining about it... at least there making it so that its compatible with both systems on one disc i mean before it wasnt and it was a PAIN IN THE *** to find sims 2 for mac in a store....
    :roll: so a solution to all you.... TRY BOOTCAMP, its free, also if you guys didnt notice Create-a-world is in beta form still
    it is way easier to make programs on windows so just chill the **** out... really

Okay,
    I do agree with the mac gaming that our systems are the best, why dont we have games? I was really ******-off when Star Trek online was pc only. Im guessing that gaming companies are realizing that macs are good gaming computers we are labled as the terrible because of out lack of customizing our system, but its getting better, i grew up my whole life with macs and it always bummed me out that i couldnt play games on the computer but lately it has been better...
    The reason these games are windows is because of it being the first and "everyone" has a pc.. even my county school board removed macs from our schools and replace them with pc's that are slower than my 86 year old grandfather and he is 6ft under...

I do think they will make a mac version of this after its out of beta... so just cool your jets.... im sorry to rant so much but really did you guys think ahead or even take the opportunity of using your macs to their full potential? Go on apple.com and look at thier support on bootcamp and figure it out if you guys cant wait. I want it too but I am happy that they had released riverview
    thanks but ill just wait :roll: