Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lights! Camera! Action! Modeling Cycle 1 (Closed) Due to being canceled

lights%20camer%20action.jpg

Hello Simmers! Welcome to the very first cycle of 'Lights! Camera! Action!" Before you sign up, here are some things you should know:

Editing is not required for this modeling competition and here are several reasons why:

This modeling competition will solely be based off of using your creativity and I really want to make it fair for everyone else. I truly want others to have fun and it's a great way of meeting new people. I hope you all enjoy as I know that we are going to have lots of fun here.

R
ules:

-No rude comments

-No spamming

-Be kind and thoughtful towards creator(s) and their work.

-If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here regarding the modeling competition.

-Always try/do your best and have fun! :)

Prizes:

The first place winner of this competition will receive 100 simpoints worth of gifts.

Form:

Headshot (Doesn't Have To Be In CAS)

Full Body Shot (Doesn't Have To Be In CAS)

Bio

Have fun and join today! :D

Judges: (No more judges are needed)

lovints2

playermarko456

Evergreen226

Entries:

1-AlyssumCandy - Piper
2-
3-
4-
5-

Comments

• playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hope you'll join! ;)
  • listenstoipodlistenstoipod Posts: 833 New Member
    edited February 2010
    ~*Lurking - Bump*~

Best of luck with your new comp! ^~^
    edited February 2010
    Thanks! :]
    edited February 2010
    Anyone want to help me judge? I'm looking for a reliable judge to help me out. If you want to help, please say so and I'll get to you in a bit.
    edited February 2010
    I can't wait to see the creativity you all come up with. ;D
  • lovints2lovints2 Posts: 3,738 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hey Marko I can help with the judging :mrgreen: Did you just drop the other competition?
    edited February 2010
    Sure! No need to give out your email since I have you added on my contacts list on my Yahoo. And yea, I dropped the other competition :]
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    I could MAYBE help with judging.
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Sure! No need to give out your email since I have you added on my contacts list on my Yahoo. And yea, I dropped the other competition :]

Sorry I didn't see where you posted that, until after I read and posted the maessage :oops: Now we need entries :!: C'mon people it'll be fun :mrgreen:
    edited February 2010
    @ Evergreen - Sure! You'll be the final judge! :]
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    Woot :)
    23uvol1.jpg
  • RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited February 2010
    Why did you drop the other competition, if you don't mind me asking. And whats going to be different about this one?
    edited February 2010
    @ RD - I dropped the other competition because you know I want to create a unique and different one from the others. This one is based on creativity which means no editing or face plastering. Besides, too many competitions require editing and I want to create based off of others using with what they have or downloaded in their game(s). :]
    edited February 2010
    Ok I know I kind of gave you crap before and I apologize for that. But I want to say that I'm honestly proud of you for trying to make a competition that stand apart. I'm not one of those people that despise editing or anything because I totally do it all the time. I edit the lighting and contrast and what not on all of my pictures, they would suck eggs otherwise. and if you do it right, not just paste a sim on a background, then editing is fine. Like mjdhnl's pictures, she goes above and beyond what most people do when they edit their SIm pics and that's something I can appreciate. But what was going on in your previous competition just kind of made me sad, it was almost heartbreaking to me because they basically cut the sims totally out of it and just used other people's artwork with a sim face.

I'm sorry to ramble like that I just wanted you to understand. In my opinion when this takes off and if you get the right people to enter it will be a much better competition and you will truly be blown away by what people can do with minor editing and more of a focus on what these forums are about The Sims! if you have ever seen Phantomhives or Superpogimon's modeling competition photos then you should know what I mean. Or like some of the people in Charmed right now like Darkslayer or Obscurus they always do minor editing and their pictures always have my jaw hitting the floor.

I wish you all the best of luck with this competition.
    edited February 2010
    Thank you, RD. :] Maybe I could add a little bit of editing like the lighting and stuff, so that there isn't tons of editing. Like trying to keeping it to a minimal. What do you suggest should and shouldn't be edited? And I understand what you are saying and thanks.
    edited February 2010
    If you give me just a minute I will show you examples of what I think is the difference between good editing mixed with TS3 creativity and just poor editing with minimal to no creativity. Ever since I started this modeling blog I got to see a lot of pictures and there really is a difference.

BRB
    edited February 2010
    Okay, thanks. :] The/Your sample of Sims 3 creativity and good editing mixed in is what this competition is about. As long as it follows those guidelines, then that is how I expect it to run in the comp. I still want others to be able to edit as I want their photos to be good to look at. You know what I mean? If you don't mind, do you think you can post the link to your modeling blog? I think it will help others greatly in this comp. :]
    edited February 2010
    [img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/31/47/49574731/photos/Harrys-shots/alien2.jpg "width=675"[/img]

The focus is still the Sim, he didn't plaster her face on anything or even paste her on a different background. He just enhanced the photo with some minor editing

[img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/01/51/48815101/photos/Phantomhives-Hideout/Kiwi&Milk.png "width=675"[/img]

Again all in the Sims, just used editing to enhance color and contrast and make the photo have its own unique look

[img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/94/42/45374294/photos/SimEves-SNTM-III-ad/J'adore copy.jpg "width=675"[/img]

One of the best photos I've ever seen and most incredibly done ads i've ever seen. But the editing wasn't major, she enhanced the color and added the cover to her body but the focus of the picture and main creativity was still on the Sim.

I think my issue with some of the submissions in your previous competition was it was so much more about the ad they found doing a google search than the enhancement of a photo they took in game.
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the samples.
    edited February 2010
    Hope we get some entries. :]
    edited February 2010
    [img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/31/47/49574731/photos/Harrys-shots/alien2.jpg "width=675"[/img]

The focus is still the Sim, he didn't plaster her face on anything or even paste her on a different background. He just enhanced the photo with some minor editing

[img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/01/51/48815101/photos/Phantomhives-Hideout/Kiwi&Milk.png "width=675"[/img]

Again all in the Sims, just used editing to enhance color and contrast and make the photo have its own unique look

[img]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/94/42/45374294/photos/SimEves-SNTM-III-ad/J'adore copy.jpg "width=675"[/img]

One of the best photos I've ever seen and most incredibly done ads i've ever seen. But the editing wasn't major, she enhanced the color and added the cover to her body but the focus of the picture and main creativity was still on the Sim.

I think my issue with some of the submissions in your previous competition was it was so much more about the ad they found doing a google search than the enhancement of a photo they took in game.

Hey RepulsiveDesire1 Where did you get the bow and arrows that your Sim Vermical is wearing ? I think that's her name. The one fairy with the green hair :?:
    Sorry Marko but I need those bow and arrows :wink:
    edited February 2010
    You are welcome for the samples and the link to my blog is my signature, just click on it and it takes you straight there

it shows every competition that has ever been around on these forums and some of them showed AMAZING creativit.

@lovints2 I got those bows and arrows from toolregame.com. But her site has been down for a while now. I don't know if she got a new one or what.
    edited February 2010
    You are welcome for the samples and the link to my blog is my signature, just click on it and it takes you straight there

it shows every competition that has ever been around on these forums and some of them showed AMAZING creativit.

@lovints2 I got those bows and arrows from toolregame.com. But her site has been down for a while now. I don't know if she got a new one or what.

Aww that stinks :( But thank you anyway :mrgreen:
    edited February 2010
    It also seems like My Sim 3 Blog had it's last update for now. If you read, something bad happened to the person's relative. So sad for the relative. We should all wish him luck.
    edited February 2010
    Anyone?