Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons, Nightlife, Back To Business

When will Sims 3 have expansion packs like: Seasons, Nightlife, Back To Business?

Also it is a bummer that so much of the Sims 3 game is seen from the outside. Like when the sims go into the buildings at many locations you can hear what goes on inside, but the player cannot take part in anything.
Sims 2 is much more fun than Sims 3 thus far.
:wink:

Comments

• Options
    dbloveshermacdbloveshermac Posts: 94 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Well, at least we can accompany our sims up to the front door of their workplaces now, rather than waving a forlorn goodbye as they ride off in the carpool. Also, we can choose whether they work hard, slack off, study, or meet co-workers.

Plus, the TS3 base game includes some features of Seasons and Nightlife, such as gardening, cars, and going out to dinner with another sim. I like it.
  • Options
    LehuaKane1LehuaKane1 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hopefully there will be expansion packs soon that make Sims 3 better. Right now it is a bit boring. I also miss seeing the sims actually get in and out of the cars. They should have that added to the present ability to view the traveling cars. I miss the realism of Sims 2.

So sad that even things like stores lock you out. One cannot go in and interact.
  • Options
    LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I wish new jobs would have come with WA like "museum curator" and stuff like that.
  • Options
    AvieAvie Posts: 360 New Member
    edited January 2010
    What really surprised me about WA was that the lost functionality of the sea and beaches (swim, sunbathe, beachcomb, build sandcastle) was not restored. EA obviously still holds the code for these activities but is just holding it back to milk an extra £30 out of us idiots.

Lame.

• Options
    AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I hate to say it, but I think that we may not see EPs like "Seasons," "Hot Date/Nightlife" or "Open For Business" for TS3, at least not in the way that we're familiar with them. For TS1 and TS2, our Sims were trapped in their respective houses, and these EPs allowed them to leave those aforementioned houses. The "living world" effectively does that already, and offers us some of the same functionality of the previously mentioned EPs. In truth, I think the reason EA chose to release an EP like WA before any other EP, was because it gave our Sims somewhere else to go beside the "living world" that they're already in.

Here's what I think we're likely to see as potential replacements for "Seasons, Hot Date/Nightlife, and Open For Business" in TS3:

Seasons: I think that the functionality of "Seasons" will be built into another EP, or enabled in a base game update. Think about it: EA has already built "Weather" code into the base game, but they just haven't enabled it. My guess is that either A) the "Weather" code was creating too many glitches at launch, or B) EA intends to enable the "Weather" code in an EP that would make use of it, such as an outdoor recreation EP, which I could admittedly see replacing "Seasons." While EA could release another "Seasons" EP, I think that "Seasons" functionality will simply be added to a future EP.

Hot Date/Nightlife: I really hate to say it, but I don't think we'll be seeing anything like Hot Date or Nightlife in TS3. Again, the reason for this is the whole "living world" concept: Hot Date/Nightlife allowed our "trapped" Sims to leave their homes and go to a "Downtown" area to socialize. With the introduction of the living world, the "Downtown" area is already included in our game, and our Sims are able to socialize virtually anywhere. While I'd welcome a Hot Date/Nightlife EP, it'd have to add functionality to the "Downtown" area that couldn't be duplicated elsewhere in the game. Again, I'd be happy to see a Hot Date/Nightlife EP, but I think it would probably be criticized as "restrictive" and/or "redundant," depending on how EA implements it. I could honestly see us not getting a Hot Date/Nightlife style EP for TS3, although I really think one is needed, if only to make the "Downtown" area seem less "generic" for lack of a better term.

Open For Business: I have no idea if or when we'll see an EP like this, but I honestly think it's probably the most-needed EP for TS3. I can see that my Sim children are in school, I can see that my Adult Sims are in their places of employment, but I can't control them in those locations beyond giving them basic commands. I'd say there's a good chance that an OFB style EP is something EA's planning to release, because it'd make the "living world" seem more realistic and "alive."

Again, this is just speculation, but I think that the "living world" has changed how EA looks at EPs, and the types of EPs that we'll see in the future. As for when EPs are being released, we'll have to wait for announcements from EA. Personally, I'd rather they fix the base game and WA before they release anything else, or release Create-A-World for the Mac, and then put out another EP. I'd rather we wait a year and not see any EPs than have them rushed the way WA was. Quality over quantity my friends, quality over quantity.
  • Options
    DataWizardDataWizard Posts: 35 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I'd like to see a Pets EP.

Although, I'd also like to be able to play the WA copy I have sitting next to me, but I guess I'll just have to wait till EA actually turns on a Mac and starts testing TS3 on those too, and not just on PC and assuming it works on Mac. :P

Maybe then they'll make the Mac version work and I'll feel like I didn't waste $90...........
  • Options
    LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I'd love a University EP for TS3.