Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do I put .package files? - For WA on a Mac.

lozmclozmc Posts: 258 New Member
Hello, sorry for my ignorance if this has been touched upon before, but I'm a bit stuck as to where I put my downloads.

I'm aware of where they go for the base game, but just a tad confused where they go for World adventures. As there's already a 'Packages' file there??

just a basic route to follow will be a great help :D

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    bumpitty bump?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    and another!

surely someone must know the answer...
    even if you give me the PC location, i might be able to figure it out from there.

I have looked on the internet, and on the help page of this site. nothing.
  • Options
    LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Sorry, just saw this! Be careful some of the .package files will crash your game! woohoobaby gave my game a ton of trouble.

Go to finder, and then applications, The Sims 3.

Right Click on The Sim 3 logo (the green diamond thing) and then go to "Show Package Content".

A new finder window should open. Click "contents"> "resources"> "transgaming">"c_drive">"program files">"Electronic Arts">"The Sims 3 World Adventure">

Now in here, you may have to put the Resource.cfg file and a mods file. But here is where your mods>package file should go!

I hope that was clear!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    aha! thank you! :mrgreen:

ok, i'm pretty savvy on the basics. Yup, I have the resource.fcg

So it goes...

'mods' folder (in the same folder as the resource.fcg) > 'packages' folder - and within the packages folder, this is where I place the .package files?

I have tried that out before, and got an error code 16 whilst trying to save, due to the indie mod. but i took it out and put a few hair files in its place, but they didn't show up in-game, so I'm just confused?? hmmm.

Well thanks for your help anyway! Its good to have some verification that I'm going in the right direction!
  • Options
    LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Some of the mods may not be updated to work with the new patch, I had that problem as well. And some of the mods will mess with the others.