Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• Options
    StitchedStitched Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never played a Legacy for the Sims 2, but I am willing to try for Sims 3. I usec cheats mainly because I didn't want sims to stop learning skills so I wold keep them alive as they played the piano or worked out. But with the longer lifespans I can see me cutting cheats out since I have WAY more time to build on skills and work towards their wishes and asperations.
  • Options
    bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Awwww.. I so wish my game worked on my PC T-T I really would love to try this out, I loved making generations, is there a seperate website to go to for all the rules and info?
  • Options
    BlueEyedBlueEyed Posts: 230 New Member
    edited June 2009
    bethekins wrote:
    Awwww.. I so wish my game worked on my PC T-T I really would love to try this out, I loved making generations, is there a seperate website to go to for all the rules and info?

*Sigh* One more time.. legacychallenge.com!
  • Options
    mialynn007mialynn007 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love challenges. So this should be intresting. Can't wait for the rules to come out!
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    edited June 2009
    I still can't wait!

I do hope there's a moving option for us building-challenged folks. I had a tough time going beyond 5 generations in Sims 2 because I just ... can't ... build. My house got ridiculous and difficult to manage.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    xAlexxAlex Posts: 64 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am so excited!
    I tried to play legacies in the sims 2, but I always lost interest. I have NEVER gotten past the 2nd generation, haha. The Sims 3 grabs my attention for longer periods at a time, so I'm hoping I will be able to do this!
    Can't wait to try it out!
  • Options
    Cdwrds7Cdwrds7 Posts: 259 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I definitely want to try this one. I saw the one in sims2 but it was so far along I just got confused. I think starting from the beginning will be easier for me.
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've never heard of this before, but it sounds really fun and interesting.
  • Options
    ScallywagScallywag Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Starting a Legacy is a great way to get used to the mechanics and check out all the aspects of the game. In TS2 I had a blast trying to get all the ghost colors .. spent ages working on death by flies and had tons of giggles getting the bunnys to romance. It ended up forcing me to do things I wouldnt do in my normal game play.

The legacy is certainly intimidating if you start with the rules for 5 or 6 expansions already involved lol. The trick is to start now or start with the base rules.. then as the legacy rules grow, you will be prepared for the "new stuff"

Its the main reason I already started a legacy - knowing it would force me to get to know the whole game. As soon as the new official rules are up, I'll start over and hopefully knock out a story but for now its just awesome practice!
    Vixen
  • Options
    KayteafaceKayteaface Posts: 180 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never participated in the Sims 2 legacy, but I'm really looking forward to this!
    I think I might just practice on TS3 with TS2 rules while we're all waiting :D
  • Options
    pah3pah3 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just wanted to throw myself in with the group of people anxiously awaiting the new Legacy rules. The Legacy Challenge always forced me to let go a little and try new things. I'm assuming the basics will be the same, so I might just get started after I get off work. What Lifespan setting are you all going to use? I'm tempted to go Epic... :D

Can't wait to see the new rules. I'm curious how choosing traits for future generations will go.
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited June 2009
    Looking forward to it! :)
  • Options
    RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 2009
    Excellent, a chance to progress again, can't wait to see how The sims 3 legacy differs from The Sims 2 legacy!
  • Options
    misstiamisstia Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Cant wait!!!! = )
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm soo exited!!! I'm going to make my own legacy!!! I wonder if the rules are going to be different from the sims 2 legacy rules? anyway I cant wait!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    visitjoanvisitjoan Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I enjoy reading legacies more than playing them. I've only gotten to gen 3.
  • Options
    KayteafaceKayteaface Posts: 180 New Member
    edited June 2009
    pah3 wrote:
    Just wanted to throw myself in with the group of people anxiously awaiting the new Legacy rules. The Legacy Challenge always forced me to let go a little and try new things. I'm assuming the basics will be the same, so I might just get started after I get off work. What Lifespan setting are you all going to use? I'm tempted to go Epic... :D

Can't wait to see the new rules. I'm curious how choosing traits for future generations will go.

I'm tempted to use epic, too.
  • Options
    LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2009
    Don't go epic, that makes it WAY too easy. Your second generation Sims can have a first lifetime want fufilled as a child if it's not job-based, you can get everyone to the top of the career pool, and you can completely max out all the skills. Do long at most, that'll at least make it slightly challenging.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • Options
    SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sounds fun. I'll try my best, to do my very first legacy! :oops:
  • Options
    SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't wait!!! I was so happy with the legacies I made on the Sims 2>>> I'm pretty good at the legacy thing>>>> I've been waiting for the next thing...
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • Options
    HugaloafHugaloaf Posts: 135 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Will the new rules be posted at legacychallenge.com once they're finished? Or will there be a new site? I'm excited! :D
  • Options
    lil_vicky61lil_vicky61 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the update Pinstar! :) I can't wait until the rules are out so I can read all of the new Legacies! :D
  • Options
    doublewolfdoublewolf Posts: 167 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I already have a legacy family, so far i have 4 generations. im working on it.
  • Options
    ChaseyChasey Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I liked playing my legacy family in The Sims 2 but I never got into the official rules. The Sims 3 seems great for this, though!

I think I'll start it in Riverview. :D
  • Options
    ToffeeandApplesToffeeandApples Posts: 241 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never added up any of my points, but I sure did love the feeling when you get to 10 generations! I need these new rules!