Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-ordering download of High End Loft Stuff Pack?

Hey fellow mac users...I was thinking of pre-ordering the High End Loft Stuff expansion pack in a download version...but was wondering if anyone knows of any limitations or problems for us Mac users as far as downloading goes? I looked a bit on the EA site to see if I could find specific requirements to download for Mac users but didn't see anything. I just don't want to spend the $$ only to find out I *can't* download for some reason?

Thanks!

Comments

• Calico_TigerCalico_Tiger Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2010
    I have to admit, I'm a bit curious as to why it says PC and doesn't mention the Mac anywhere. I'm pretty certain it's just an oversight and they meant to put in Mac and PC for the platforms, but I'm holding off on pre-ordering until that's fixed just in case something is up with it :)
  • LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I wouldn't pre-order it until it says MAC.

The World Builder they released was for PC only. You don't wan to pay for something and find out you can't use it!
  • VomittVomitt Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    i wouldnt download it. it will be an exe file . Mac needs a dmg.
    I'm hesitant to even pre order the game until it says Mac also.
  • springacresspringacres Posts: 47 Member
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Had that issue when I wanted to order TS3 Collector's Edition too, actually. The direct download was PC only.

I think you should be safe pre-ordering the CD version of High End Loft, since when I checked it out on the games page the specs listed both PC and Mac compatibility. And with the CD version, at least you'd get something physical you could return or exchange if it didn't work out.
  • CjsGirlFriend22CjsGirlFriend22 Posts: 85 New Member
    edited January 2010
    It does say windows mac!! but I would NOT buy as a download!!! just wait til next week
  • captaincalienacaptaincaliena Posts: 100 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Does anyone remember the issues with WA? Everyone ran out and bought the game right away or pre-ordered it and then most of those people had problems. How quickly we all forget. I'm waiting at least a couple weeks to pick up the stuff pack until I know for sure that it's going to work properly. I don't feel like having to uninstall and re-install my game a bunch of times like I did with WA.
  • MFabianMFabian Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2010
    You will be able to get a downloadable version of Mac High-End Loft from www.gametreeonline.com. Game Tree is the company that converts Windows games into Mac ones. I have purchased the Sims 3 & World Adventures (downloadable version), and several other games from them without any problems...and no they don't sell buyable disk versions.
  • SimGuruCollinSimGuruCollin Posts: 173
    edited February 2010
    The High End Loft Stuff Pack is compatible with both PC and Mac on disk. Digital copies are available from the standard sites.