Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

stuff we need for sims 3 please read and consider

if the sims is supposed to be based on realistic stuff can we get more stuff?

-the sims should have the option of shopping online, especially since some of the sims hate the outdoors
-since we can do a little more with the babies and toddlers, we should be able to buy car seats and strollers
-sims should be able to ride in the ambulance to the hospital
-not that i personally believe in abortions but that should be an option as well as teen woohoo, birth control, fertility and risky woohoo
- sims should be able to call out of work because in the real world a no call no show will get you fired
- adult sims should also be able to call the school or send a note to school if a child sim is sick
- there should be a private school option
- teen sims should be able to run away and sneak out like in the Sims 2
-toddler sims should have a tricycle
-more instruments and hobbies like Sims 2
-some of the stuff used as decorations should have interactions like the toilet paper, lol when i use the bathroom i actually use the toilet paper i don't just look at it. sims should also be able to use the pens to write notes, the makeup to change appearance, and the piles of magazines should be usable as well
- the sims should be able to throw clothes on the floor then go back and put them on, speaking of clothes on the floor sims should also have the option of buying a washer and dryer considering the fact that they can now build a basement
-there should be more stores to shop in and we should be able to see what goes on in the stores and other buildings
- once we buy a company we should be able to hire and fire as we please as well as create/ set new uniforms
- for the party option, we should be able to have baby showers, engagement, graduation, and other types of parties and with a variety of theme options
-should be able to put churches in the game cuz some ppl may want their sims to get married in the church (some may actually want a best man, ring bearers etc)
- sims should also have the option of having a funeral, family members should be able to stay home from work and school for a few days after the loss of a family member
- sims should have insurance policies and health plans
-sims should have board games they can play together
- what happened to sims being able to go clubbing
- sims should still be able to vacation on the islands
- sims should be able to go swimming at the beach. why have a beach and you can't get in the water?
- sims should be able to have pets and im not just talking dogs, cats,birds and hamsters, sims should be able to have a farm if they wish or collect reptiles
-sims should be able to practice witch craft and be psychics and should be able to either take classes, read books or ask a sim that has these skills to teach them
-more career choices like teacher, dentist,environmentalist, dancer, actor, mechanic, plumber, fireman, maid/ butler ( part time),gamer,lawyer, photographer, bartender (part time) and model, babysitter (part time), nanny (live in and part time), social workers, delivery sims and gardeners
- evil sims and burglars should be able to kidnap sims and tie them up
- and bring back all of the expansion packs from sims 2
- sims should have a mall, it seems as though the mall and movies is where all the teens hang out now (shoe stores,jewelry stores,makeup stores,clothes stores, technology stores, pet stores,accessory store)
- if you do make seasons sims should be able to buy an umbrella
-there should be more toys for children and rattles and such for newborns babies like toys and noises too
-car alarms and ipods
- when sims more if they take everything with them a moving truck should some with them and pack and move everything
-when sims get married they should have the option of going on a honeymoon and if so there should be hotels with honeymoon suits they can stay and meet other newlyweds and maybe even organize play dates or the friends watch the kids instead of hiring a babysitter.
- some sims should also have the option of putting their toddlers in daycare so they can work and not worry about a nanny or babysitter slacking on the job ( which they sometimes do in the game)
- there should be a drs office and sims should be able to break their leg of something and or randomly get sick and maybe need just a check up of surgery, how cool would that be? and maybe if the dr hasn't studied enough the patient leaves worse like in a wheel chair or they die and the family sues and collects from the insurance policy and the hospital
- instead of a social worker taking a child to an orphanage to wait adoption, the next family member should get the child with the option of adoption and if the family member doesnt want the child then a stranger can adopt the child
- the spa should also have a hair salon
- lemonade stand, where did it go?

I know there is alot of stuff that I put down, some of this stuff maybe you heard before and maybe some you haven't,but i ask that you read and consider these things as they will enhance the game and moreover maybe even sales thanks for your time

Comments

• Options
    rinoa04rinoa04 Posts: 75 New Member
    edited January 2010
    gigglypuff wrote:

-not that i personally believe in abortions but that should be an option as well as teen woohoo, birth control, fertility and risky woohoo
    - sims should also have the option of having a funeral, family members should be able to stay home from work and school for a few days after the loss of a family member

Wow you put a lot of thought into that. :D Most are really good ideas, and I think we will see some of them in future expansions.

I'm only going to comment on the few I quoted above, specifically. The abortions, and teen woohoo I really don't think will be incorporated. That content would need a M rating, and the sims franchise has always been careful to stay within the T rating.

You can have a funeral under the throw a party options after one of your sims dies.

I'm not a big fan of bringing back the expansions from Sims 2. There's something to be said about originality. If you miss TS2 expansions, you can always load up TS2. XD
  • Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited January 2010
    -Ohmygod NO TEEN WOOHOO, RISKY WOOHOO or any other of your woohoo ideas. That'd raised the rating up to M. Same with kidnapping

-I LOVED the lemonade stand from OfB. You should be able to upgrade it too :)

-Attending parties, we can host parties but why can't we attend them as a guest?

-Placing community lots together city-style like this. Maybe we could get a huge community lot with blue lines down the sides meaning different community lots.

-Bring back Castaways!

-Bring back Uni! It should be optional AND if a couple has a baby then the one who chooses to raise it could drop out of uni. Same with marriage and adoption (you can engage, not marry)

I like all of your ideas too :)
  • Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited January 2010
    rinoa04 wrote:
    gigglypuff wrote:

I'm not a big fan of bringing back the expansions from Sims 2. There's something to be said about originality. If you miss TS2 expansions, you can always load up TS2. XD

I agree... I like TS3 EP's but I want new ideas too! Maybe old ideas combined with new?
  • Options
    ETPerogieETPerogie Posts: 56
    edited January 2010
    gigglypuff wrote:

-the sims should have the option of shopping online, especially since some of the sims hate the outdoors
    -since we can do a little more with the babies and toddlers, we should be able to buy car seats and strollers
    -sims should be able to ride in the ambulance to the hospital
    - sims should be able to call out of work because in the real world a no call no show will get you fired
    - adult sims should also be able to call the school or send a note to school if a child sim is sick
    - there should be a private school option
    - teen sims should be able to run away and sneak out like in the Sims 2
    -toddler sims should have a tricycle
    -more instruments and hobbies like Sims 2
    -some of the stuff used as decorations should have interactions like the toilet paper, lol when i use the bathroom i actually use the toilet paper i don't just look at it. sims should also be able to use the pens to write notes, the makeup to change appearance, and the piles of magazines should be usable as well
    - the sims should be able to throw clothes on the floor then go back and put them on, speaking of clothes on the floor sims should also have the option of buying a washer and dryer considering the fact that they can now build a basement
    -there should be more stores to shop in and we should be able to see what goes on in the stores and other buildings
    - once we buy a company we should be able to hire and fire as we please as well as create/ set new uniforms
    - for the party option, we should be able to have baby showers, engagement, graduation, and other types of parties and with a variety of theme options
    -should be able to put churches in the game cuz some ppl may want their sims to get married in the church (some may actually want a best man, ring bearers etc)
    -sims should have board games they can play together
    - what happened to sims being able to go clubbing
    - sims should still be able to vacation on the islands
    - sims should be able to go swimming at the beach. why have a beach and you can't get in the water?
    - sims should be able to have pets and im not just talking dogs, cats,birds and hamsters, sims should be able to have a farm if they wish or collect reptiles
    -sims should be able to practice witch craft and be psychics and should be able to either take classes, read books or ask a sim that has these skills to teach them
    -more career choices like teacher, dentist,environmentalist, dancer, actor, mechanic, plumber, fireman, maid/ butler ( part time),gamer,lawyer, photographer, bartender (part time) and model, babysitter (part time), nanny (live in and part time), social workers, delivery sims and gardeners
    - sims should have a mall, it seems as though the mall and movies is where all the teens hang out now (shoe stores,jewelry stores,makeup stores,clothes stores, technology stores, pet stores,accessory store)
    - if you do make seasons sims should be able to buy an umbrella
    -there should be more toys for children and rattles and such for newborns babies like toys and noises too
    -car alarms and ipods
    - when sims more if they take everything with them a moving truck should some with them and pack and move everything
    -when sims get married they should have the option of going on a honeymoon and if so there should be hotels with honeymoon suits they can stay and meet other newlyweds and maybe even organize play dates or the friends watch the kids instead of hiring a babysitter.
    - some sims should also have the option of putting their toddlers in daycare so they can work and not worry about a nanny or babysitter slacking on the job ( which they sometimes do in the game)
    - there should be a drs office and sims should be able to break their leg of something and or randomly get sick and maybe need just a check up of surgery, how cool would that be? and maybe if the dr hasn't studied enough the patient leaves worse like in a wheel chair or they die and the family sues and collects from the insurance policy and the hospital
    - instead of a social worker taking a child to an orphanage to wait adoption, the next family member should get the child with the option of adoption and if the family member doesnt want the child then a stranger can adopt the child
    - the spa should also have a hair salon
    - lemonade stand, where did it go?

I know there is alot of stuff that I put down, some of this stuff maybe you heard before and maybe some you haven't,but i ask that you read and consider these things as they will enhance the game and moreover maybe even sales thanks for your time

You have lots of great ideas here that would make the game better, however I highly doubt that EA would even consider putting teen Abortions, let alone Teen Woohoo. That is a very touchy subject and would probably cause more losses than gains.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited January 2010
    I wish some of the little things, like sims getting sick, had been kept in the game.

TS3 just seems like a watered down version of TS2 at times.
  • Options
    iMmEnWiLlB4eVaiMmEnWiLlB4eVa Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2010
    You have some really good ideas.

But I'm going to have to disagree with the teen and risky woohoo.
    The rating would have to be raised.

I tell you what they should add to the sims 3 site though:

Guestbook.

I miss that a lot!
  • Options
    SIMply_DivineSIMply_Divine Posts: 413 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I like most of your ideas, apart from these...

Yes, we all want the Sims to be more real, but those would make the game real in a bad way. We want The Sims to be real in a good way.

That stuff would just depress me. It doesn't belong in a Sims game. [IMO]

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2010
    Brilliant ideas. I would love for sims to be able to get drunk, smoke etc but I just know that wouldn't be an option. EA would be seen as promoting something that is negative and it would raise the rating too. Unfortunately.

Fortunately, that's what the modding community is for ;)
  • Options
    jhallberjhallber Posts: 195 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I like a lot of your ideas, but a few of them are a bit too complicated to ever be implemented like the health insurance policies and such. I completely agree that they should include teen woohoo, but unfortunately as a lot of others have pointed out this would raise the rating for the game. There are mods you can download for that however. I don't think very many people would want the abortion option in the game. It is a touchy subject and would make the game much too serious. If you don't want your sim pregnant then don't get her pregnant. If its that important to you I think there is a mod you can download for that. A lot of people are saying risky woohoo would raise the rating or wouldn't be fun. It depends on what you mean. If I'm understanding you correctly you want to have the option of accidental pregnancy. This would not raise the rating since that was how woohoo worked in TS1. I agree that it would be annoying though for people who are trying to make a story with their sims and stuff like that, but I like the idea of having the option for those players who want realism.

I really like the washer and dryer idea and the toys for newborns. I also think they should bring back the 'wash toddler in bath' action from TS2. As far as the expansion packs go, I don't think they should go so as to bring back everything from TS2, a little variety is always good, but I do of course miss pets, seasons, apartment life, and university. I especially miss university and apartment life and I wish these could be brought back simply for the sake of realism (and as a college student I did rather enjoy playing through my college years on TS2). Otherwise I would like to see some newer and more interesting expansions for TS3.

I don't like these:

The first two are just a bit superfluous, and the kidnapping and doctor's office are like abortions- just too serious for a game like TS.
  • Options
    gigglypuffgigglypuff Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    i know a lot of you disagree with some ideas. I know that some of these ideas could change the ratings, but also when you are setting the game up there should be a parental control option to enable or disable certain things parents may not want in the game, including adult woohoo and same sex relations, which by the same token some may find offensive.I personally am not bothered by same sex relations but some people may be. I just want more options and interactions to make in more realistic. If I knew how to do all these mods I would have don't it by now. Plus I'd rather buy a game with these options than to buy a game and download mods that may either have a virus attached of make my game not work right. :D
  • Options
    LouisaSMLouisaSM Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2010
    Wow you've put so much thought into these ideas - I was going to paste my favorite ones but then i realized i would practically be copying 90% of your suggestions. Its seems EA has definitely taking the realism out of the game - but like what some of the others have said it will probably come with other expansion packs
  • Options
    BoiledFrogs_FTWBoiledFrogs_FTW Posts: 1,008 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Love your ideas.
    Except for the abortion and teen woohoo/pregnancy.
    However, there is a MOD for that.

rofl.