Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Gender!

Can I find out the gender of the baby??? Is this possible? Also how many I will be having too...! Thanks alot!

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've heard that people in the medical career can do so.

You can also rig the gender of the baby by eating apple products (boy) or watermelon products (girl). Each serving makes having either gender more probable.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    hippolover87hippolover87 Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think that you can get someone in the medical field to do it for you. If you know someone who is there is probably an option for it.
  • Options
    lildancer90lildancer90 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2009
    thanks!!! XD
  • Options
    mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Had something odd happen to me today. My poor couple, the Bottoms had a baby that when I read the birth anouncement said was a boy. My sims named their bouncing bundle of joy Alfonzo. When they got home I noticed the young lad was in a pink blanket. Upon further inspection I realised that Alfonzo wasn't a boy at all but a really ugly girl! She is a kid now but she looks so much like her trash diving dad that it's scary.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Do you mean I must have a job in the medical career? Cause I have been getting check ups and the hospital wont tell me lol!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited June 2009
    Do you mean I must have a job in the medical career? Cause I have been getting check ups and the hospital wont tell me lol!

I think you need to consult an actual person in the medical field. The advice thing only improves pregnancy.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    oh I see, will try that!! thanks XD
  • Options
    Malfoy286Malfoy286 Posts: 72 Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't think there's a way for you to ask the doctor for the baby's gender. You have to be in control of the doctor to do it.

There should be some way to ask!
  • Options
    camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited June 2009
    I tried doing it with a high level medical sim from another house and there was never an option to ask about gender. BUT when I did it with a medical sim I controlled he could determine the gender. Now I don't have a medical sim in the house so if I want a specific gender I eat the appropriate fruits. Otherwise I leave it to chance. lol
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    SimSheilaSimSheila Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One thing I did notice, was if it comes up in your sims wants to "have a boy" or "have a girl", that is usually what they will have. It's happened everytime that want has come up for my sim.
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SimSheila wrote:
    One thing I did notice, was if it comes up in your sims wants to "have a boy" or "have a girl", that is usually what they will have. It's happened everytime that want has come up for my sim.

No fair! My sim always wants the **** opposite :lol:
  • Options
    JubileeJubilee Posts: 129 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mofurs wrote:
    Had something odd happen to me today. My poor couple, the Bottoms had a baby that when I read the birth anouncement said was a boy. My sims named their bouncing bundle of joy Alfonzo. When they got home I noticed the young lad was in a pink blanket. Upon further inspection I realised that Alfonzo wasn't a boy at all but a really ugly girl! She is a kid now but she looks so much like her trash diving dad that it's scary.

lol
  • Options
    scwhit84scwhit84 Posts: 70 Member
    edited December 2009
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this because I didn't get a chance to read the hole forum....

One thing I have noticed is the food doesn't guarantee baby gender anymore and it always used to for me. Also the doctor has to be a member of your household for the 'Ask baby gender' to work.