Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maids and Babysitters are useless!

I have a lovely family of 3, a mum, dad and baby toddler.

I wanted to take the mum and dad to the park for a glorious picnic in the park, as it was their only day off together and they have busy work schedules every other day of the week, so this is the only day i really have to build up their relationship.

So I called a babysitter to look after the toddler whilst the parents were away having their glorious picnic, and i also hired a maid to clean up the dirty dishes.

So the two parents made their way to the park and set up their glorious picnic and they were having a smashing time eating immaculately cut sarnies and juicey watermelon.

a couple of sim hours later..I checked back to see if the toddler was doing okay..

At this point i noticed the dirty dishes were still lying all over my dining table..

WHERE THE HECK IS THE MAID?

oh look! Hes on the computer, clearly having lots of fun, he seems to have forgotten that his job is to clean my house.

..and to my HORROR, i discovered my DEAR LITTLE BABY, was on the verge of death! All his needs were down either red or orange! The POOR WEE SOUL was howling as it was trapped in its crib.

WHERE IS THE HECK IS THE BABYSITTER?

oh look! Shes decided to loose a few pounds and is splashing away in the SWIMMING POOL!
MY POOR LITTLE BABY IS FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL! AND THE BABYSITTER IS IN THE SWIMMING POOL!

So i had to have the parents part from their GLORIOUS PICNIC and rushed them home to save the toddler. Completely ruining their glorious quality time together with immaculately cut sarnies and juicey watermelon.

As soon as they got there, the babysitter ran away, "that will be §75," before i even had the chance to dismiss her.

Thankfully the parents were able to feed it and change its diaper and put it too sleep, before the poor thing died.

I was more concerned about the baby and forgot about the maid.. the maid also left too. 'that will be §125'

What a disgrace!

Am i paying them to use my home as a leisure facility? I dont think so.

This is quite serious.. i left that child with someone i thought i could trust, but clearly not... if i hadn't of went back to check the child.. it would probably have died or taken away by a social worker.

I dont know about the maid.. but i will not be using the babysitter service again.

I just cannot come to terms with what has happened.

Has anyone else had such an APAULING experience?
tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

Comments

• Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The maids and babysitters have personalities and needs just like any other sim, and they will quite often spend loads of time filling their bars up just like any other unsupervised sim. Seriously, how many bowls of cereal does some sims need to fill their belly... In my game, there was a rather bad babysitter who never did his job, he ended up mysteriously catching fire inside an enclosure of counters with a grill. A cop that didn't get a burglar on 3 separate occasions suffered a similar fate... how very odd...
  • jennie_anjee_00jennie_anjee_00 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't hired any of the services yet (except for repairman), but on the game tips, it says to watch what the people you hire are doing because they don't always earn their pay.
  • Zehan2PlayerZehan2Player Posts: 319 New Member
    edited June 2009
    All my babysitters have made sure the baby is all in green, then they go on the computer. I dont want a maid, because i have no money and I think my sims cleaning up for them selves is a better deal evn though they are always mad there is dirty dishes around them
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, apparently, they don't do their job well if the player isn't looking at the house. I do remember reading that 'not all of them work to earn their pay, so keep a close eye'.

It happened to me as well. I was at the hospital all day and when I came back, the maid didn't even do anything about the home and he just started to work when I went back. He didn't even make the bed.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I get a new maid every day it seems like. Some do their jobs, others slack off, even had one hitting on my sims wife while he was writing his latest novel. Would be nice to kinda control who you hire for these jobs. Like if you get a bad maid or sitter you can fire them and replace them with good ones. The way it is now for me at least it seems like its a random shot in the dark when hiring help. Least if you could have a little control over who works for you, there could be a relationship and expectations between them and your sims.
  • ConcesssionConcesssion Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a lovely family of 3, a mum, dad and baby toddler.

I wanted to take the mum and dad to the park for a glorious picnic in the park, as it was their only day off together and they have busy work schedules every other day of the week, so this is the only day i really have to build up their relationship.

So I called a babysitter to look after the toddler whilst the parents were away having their glorious picnic, and i also hired a maid to clean up the dirty dishes.

So the two parents made their way to the park and set up their glorious picnic and they were having a smashing time eating immaculately cut sarnies and juicey watermelon.

a couple of sim hours later..I checked back to see if the toddler was doing okay..

At this point i noticed the dirty dishes were still lying all over my dining table..

WHERE THE HECK IS THE MAID?

oh look! Hes on the computer, clearly having lots of fun, he seems to have forgotten that his job is to clean my house.

..and to my HORROR, i discovered my DEAR LITTLE BABY, was on the verge of death! All his needs were down either red or orange! The POOR WEE SOUL was howling as it was trapped in its crib.

WHERE IS THE HECK IS THE BABYSITTER?

oh look! Shes decided to loose a few pounds and is splashing away in the SWIMMING POOL!
    MY POOR LITTLE BABY IS FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL! AND THE BABYSITTER IS IN THE SWIMMING POOL!

So i had to have the parents part from their GLORIOUS PICNIC and rushed them home to save the toddler. Completely ruining their glorious quality time together with immaculately cut sarnies and juicey watermelon.

As soon as they got there, the babysitter ran away, "that will be §75," before i even had the chance to dismiss her.

Thankfully the parents were able to feed it and change its diaper and put it too sleep, before the poor thing died.

I was more concerned about the baby and forgot about the maid.. the maid also left too. 'that will be §125'

What a disgrace!

Am i paying them to use my home as a leisure facility? I dont think so.

This is quite serious.. i left that child with someone i thought i could trust, but clearly not... if i hadn't of went back to check the child.. it would probably have died or taken away by a social worker.

I dont know about the maid.. but i will not be using the babysitter service again.

I just cannot come to terms with what has happened.

Has anyone else had such an APAULING experience?

It rarly happens to me, I fire anyone who is lazy, and make sure i keep one sim at home at all times, cause i don't trust my kid- heir to the entire business side of the city. to some punk lil teenager who watches TV all day... but then again- ever see na real life baby sitter.... or my god, odn't ever hire a house sitter. my IRL BF called me and we threw a huge party at this dudes house.... i think it's fitting some sims are lazyer than others as far as work ethics go, though i think they should at least do a little bit of work to make sure no one allows a kid to die/social worker influence
  • MarioSim05MarioSim05 Posts: 1,567 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What a terrible story!

I think if you're not on your home lot the service people don't do their jobs, like how when you go to another lot you see the Sims kind of just standing in the house doing nothing until you "visit" them. Maybe the same applies for service workers in your house? Because it sounds like you stayed at the park the entire time.
  • OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One maid was a klepto. Cost me much more than the $125.
  • shaina1987belloshaina1987bello Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i went to celebrate my todd's birthday at the beach and i hired a babysitter...what for...i had to rush home and save my little baby girl and my poor toddler did not get to enjoy her birthday.
  • BellaSwan101BellaSwan101 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol :mrgreen: (sorry but it is quite funny!) anyway, something similar happened to me (on sims 2)! i had a family of 2 a mum and her daughter (child) so anyways I hired a nanny to look after the kid while the mother went to work. when the nanny arrived mum had just left, and the kid was hungry but the nanny didn't get her anything to eat, instead she decided to watch TV! and then the nanny couldn't find the toilet! and wet herself all over the rug and didn't even clean it up! I was fuming and the kid was still hungry but no the nanny thought nooo instead of doing my job i'll go and have a nice soak in this lovely lady's hot tub to get rid of the stink after wetting myself :!:
    when the mum came home i made her sack the nanny as the first thing she did. but on her way out of our house she left us a lovely stinking present! (she wet herself nxt to the front door!!!!)
    lol it still makes me rofl just when i think about it! :D
  • axebyteaxebyte Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Like someone else said above they have their own wants and needs that sometimes dont fit into doing much. I was having a trip and hired a baby sitter they did an awesome job! But then the next time i got a different person and well like you i had to cut my trip short come back (they ran off) and i had 3 screaming kids.

Needs to be a feature where you can talk to, get to know them "then" be able to re-hire the same person all the time.

Also got a suprirse one day after a party of having two maids show up to clean the house after a party.

• GodSimGodSim Posts: 270 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Aha, I hired a repair man by accident, he came, didn't have to fix anything because I'd already fixed it, so I fired him and he STILL charged me :!: The cheek. :shock:
  • jeanomicsjeanomics Posts: 203 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One maid was a klepto. Cost me much more than the $125.

Oh my! I never thought of that.
  • KeylimepieKeylimepie Posts: 1,078 New Member
    edited June 2009
    As maids go, Grady Elfman always does a good job. Kate Pistacio(?) sometimes raids my fridge but as long as she gets the job done, no skin of my bones XD