Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creators' Forums and Guestbooks

ArizonaResaArizonaResa Posts: 265 New Member
While I am happy to see that creators (builders, sim designers, etc.) have been recognized with a forum, I worry that it will rapidly become congested with the various creations of numerous users. This could easily cause new threads to be quickly pushed so far down the list that few will see them as well as making navigation difficult for those seeking only particular items (for instance, only clothing or only community lots). I understand that this can be somewhat alleviated with the filters on the Exchange search, but I believe adding separate forums for different aspects of the game, much as the Community Showcase forums are split up on the Sims 2 site, would help organize these threads and would give users the opportunity to get their work seen by those with similar interests.

In addition, I would like to agree with some previous comments I've read about including some sort of private messaging option on the site. This can be something as simple as a rehash of the Sims 2 guestbook system or it could be something else entirely, but I, and I'm sure many others here, would love to see something implemented so that users may communicate with one another outside of the forums.

So, what do you think, my fellow Simmers? Any additions to or arguments with this?

Comments

• SimSevenSimSeven Posts: 738 New Member
    edited June 2009
    While I am happy to see that creators (builders, sim designers, etc.) have been recognized with a forum, I worry that it will rapidly become congested with the various creations of numerous users. This could easily cause new threads to be quickly pushed so far down the list that few will see them as well as making navigation difficult for those seeking only particular items (for instance, only clothing or only community lots). I understand that this can be somewhat alleviated with the filters on the Exchange search, but I believe adding separate forums for different aspects of the game, much as the Community Showcase forums are split up on the Sims 2 site, would help organize these threads and would give users the opportunity to get their work seen by those with similar interests.

In addition, I would like to agree with some previous comments I've read about including some sort of private messaging option on the site. This can be something as simple as a rehash of the Sims 2 guestbook system or it could be something else entirely, but I, and I'm sure many others here, would love to see something implemented so that users may communicate with one another outside of the forums.

So, what do you think, my fellow Simmers? Any additions to or arguments with this?

had a whole thread on the PM idea, and I think it sounds good.
  • chrissie11778chrissie11778 Posts: 223 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am curious as to whether we will have some way to communicate with other simmers on he site too, it would be nice to have a guestbook or some other way to message.
    cc4simscomindugledv.jpg
  • ArizonaResaArizonaResa Posts: 265 New Member
    edited June 2009
    had a whole thread on the PM idea, and I think it sounds good.

Yeah, I read a few comments about it; it seems quite a few people agree that this should be included. Sadly, I must admit that I actually hadn't realized it was missing until I read those. I felt it was one of those things that needed to be reiterated, so I tacked it onto my original post about adding more creators' forums. :)