Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuru's, I am still having this problem...

So, we're moving on 2 months now Simguru's and I still can't install my WA.

I brought it through digital download via direct2drive.

My specs:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

And I run Mac OS X 10.6 and when I try to install I get the usual, "Integrity of installer can't be verified".

Any chance you can give me some help on this?

Also, the BG crashes constantly.

Comments

• razberriarazberria Posts: 80 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hello.

I am your EA Mac techie.

Please remain on hold while I shred your post.

Thank you for paying us $85.00 for a game you can't play.

;) Tech Razberria
  • LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited January 2010
    haha that's exactly what it is!
  • SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited January 2010
    Did you also get your base game from Direct2Drive? Have you tried contacting them?
    edited January 2010
    I spoke to D2D, they offered a discount and said that it wasn't them, it was EA. Apparently, EA didn't put the new patches in with the Direct Download bundle.
    edited January 2010
    Initially the patch for Base Game was not available for the digital download version but that still would not explain the error message you are receiving. What version number is your Base Game? The version number can be found in the bottom left corner of The Sims 3 Launcher window.

It is possible that when you downloaded World Adventures that it somehow became corrupted. Have you tried removing the currently downloaded installer of World Adventures and retrieving it from D2D again?
  • TheEffreinsTheEffreins Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 2010
    When do the "Sim Guru's" even play The Sims 3 I mean its their game they "created" and they never pay attentions to our complaints OR our comments so what's the point of even having these forums and player contact to support team if they don't even read our messages OR let alone even care if we send ANYTHING to them especially when it's important they probably delete negative comments to them. And they don't even reply! This is the first ever time I've talked negatively about the Sims EVER!!!!!
    edited January 2010
    My version is 1.8.25.003017.

I've deleted, redownloaded and tried to reinstall several times since I purchased the game. From what I know, several other people who brought from direct download are having problems installing the game.
    edited January 2010
    LDoCampo wrote:
    My version is 1.8.25.003017.

I've deleted, redownloaded and tried to reinstall several times since I purchased the game. From what I know, several other people who brought from direct download are having problems installing the game.

Hmm... OK, lets try this. Open up your Macintosh HD and open the Library folder, in there should be a folder named Preferences which you want to open. Look for any any files along the lines of "com.transgaming..." as well as a The Sims 3 Preferences folder if it is there and move them to the trash and empty the trash.

Also, when you download the game from Direct2Drive how does it appear on your computer? Is it a DMG/ISO (mountable image on your desktop) or is it a folder?
    edited January 2010
    I didn't have any of those preferences or files in my library.

When I downloaded it, it came in a file, and the installer was in there.

Here's what it looks like:

filet.th.png

insidefolder.th.png