Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Good and the Bad

Luvya987Luvya987 Posts: 5 New Member
Here is my two cents with playing the game thus far.

The Good. Here is a quick list of some of the things I especially enjoy in the Sims 3:
•Interactions – the new interactions and the new interaction system dependent on your Sim.
•Personality traits – what is not to love?
•Job options – Jobs are more interactive and you can go and apply for jobs directly. Opportunities are very enjoyable as well.
•Quartered grids, angled furniture, expand walls/rooms function, Create – A –Style (C-A-S) options. Ability to place more than one object on a surface!
•Object linking – Hurrah!
•Young Adults are no longer ostracized.
•Less needs = more time focus on other things
•Create-A-Sim – voices, traits, lifetime wish choices, customize shoes and inclusion of different kinds of accessories, like socks! All fantastic.

The Bad. Unfortunately, there are a few things that I feel should be improved with Sims 3. I will discuss a few of these I feel are detrimental to the game in another post.
Here is the quick list of recommended things that should be improved/added:
•Active household/story progression/wishes, opportunities,etc erased with eviction and change of active households– Make easier to use/takes too much control over game/Locking mechanisms would be nice
•Create-a-sim customization - look below for details
•Moving characters in and out of houses/eviction – In-game is okay, in edit town screen it’s a nightmare.
•Build mode: attach a garage to the house, split-level, half-walls, spiral staircases. (Though I assume some of these features will be added into future expansions, as for the rest?).
•Inventory/groceries –some additional sorting options
•Saving – Ability to auto-save or at least be able to save in buy and build mode again.
•Babies/Toddlers/Child – ‘Only a face a mother would love’ comes to mind. I will have to keep trying to make more toddlers in the game, but so far all the babies seem to look as if they were manufactured by a freaky porcelain doll factory.
•Cellphone – Please make that a bubble to chat people again. Inventory cellphone is tedious.
•Body Shop – I’m hoping this is coming out later.
•Create-A-Town – Needs to be added ASAP!
•More content/Objects effecting Moodlet– I wouldn’t even add this tidbit about the lack of content if objects were not directly affecting my sims moodlets. It adds another layer to needing more content (which I’m sure was the general idea in the first place) in order to satisfy your sims and your own satisfaction of making your house unique. Crafty move EA. P.S. I miss the hot tub and diving board.

Create-A-Sim – Sims seem to have a whole new set of problems in creation that differ from Sims 2. Many of my sims suffer from double chins, thick necks, etc. More sliders for more detailed options would be really great. Detail body sliders would especially be helpful to customizing sims even further.

Most of these things are nit-picky and the things I don't like so far are not things that will make me stop playing the game, but may make me think hard about buying expansions or additional content. Overall, I am enjoying the game and reserving judgment as to whether I will continue on with Sims3. After all, it is still a new game. :)

Comments

• Faith15Faith15 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with most of the bad...
    But what is wrong with the Create a Sims function?
    I love it and it is an easy thing to use.
  • Luvya987Luvya987 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for replying to my post! :)

Don't get me wrong, I like the new design of Create-A-Sim, it's just that there are still some details that I would like added to the creation so I can further fine tune my sims, this is especially true for the details that are outside of the face. Body details would be fantastic! But maybe I am jumping ahead of myself. Perhaps EA already has body details in the works for upcoming expansions? *crosses all fingers and toes*

My biggest concerns are for Active household/story progression and saving. I want to be able to switch sim households with more relative ease, such as I see the sim on the street and decide to play him/her instead. Plus, be able to switch without worry about losing anything or a least be able to lock some wishes, etc. As for saving, I want to be able to save in build or buy mode in case the game crashes.

Perhaps I ask too much, maybe these recommendations are just not as important to others and EA?
  • anubisemperoranubisemperor Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree on the thing regarding a better switch plus saving of wishes regarding the active household, though I can sorta see why they don't because they progress while you're on another family. I also definitely agree on the need for a Create-a-Town editor, whether in-game or out-of-game, since that would add a lot of sweetness to it.

Putting those two negatives aside, this really is a fun and addicting game, and I am always entertained finding new moodlets that affect my sims and their personality traits. I defintiely believe that the sims of the Sims 3 are much more life-like.