Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS' 101 - For Builders from Novice to Beyond

Comments

• MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited January 2010
    well i havent really been working on the inside of my build..But i have been working a little on the landscaping.

2i3n0l.jpg
    zv3l3d.jpg
    2drqs3.jpg
    2mr9v08.jpg

As always Darkside your landscaping is awesome.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited January 2010
    Mag, I'm sorry I haven't signed up for anything. I want to, believe me! But I can't get Simtweeks world :(. It says its DL in my game, and I can see it in my downloads folder, but I can't get it in game. I'm guessing its because I haven't done the latest update. After all the problems, I'm scared to! I know I could probably fix it if it crashes. But this is the time of year when I really like to play, and I would be red hot angry if my games crashes. If Ea gives us a patch, or I'm able to get the world, I will be building like crazy for the world! It looks like a lot of fun!

And DS, you can do it! Do we all have to cheerleaders as well as groupies now, too, LOL!
  • Buddy_ClydeBuddy_Clyde Posts: 85 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Double post. Don't know how it happened but sorry.
  • magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited January 2010
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

MerryWiddow is having her Birthday today!

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday dear MerryWiddow. "Singing off note :oops: , Sorry"

Enjoy and may next year be a Blessed year for you

Luv Roaul

PS: Sign on to IM , please.
  • darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited January 2010
    buddy clyde..I really liked Moon gardens..I gave you a rec for the lot and story..BTW..your story was put together very well..congrats.
    edited January 2010
    craigst39 wrote:
    Ok maybe im just not understanding something but for some reason im not getting what to do in assignment 5. I took my cover pics and chose number 2. Now what do i do with it do i crop it or what? And then im supposed to open a notepad file. I dont know im just tired and confused right now but could someone maybe walk me through this please.

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Craig, I hope you get some rest and then you can read the section on changing your cover pictures on page one in the second post. There is also a tutorial on creating a 512 x 512 .png file in Irfanview. The instructions are similar in most editing programs. Following that there is a step by step in Part Two of the instructions in assignment 5. I am suggesting a notepad file to make it easier to make multiple posts regarding your build. After creating the notepad file all you will have to do is copy and paste. I will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
    edited January 2010
    PINKLADY1 wrote:

Merry Thanks a lot, I enjoyed making the palette, soon I'll try other as I'm building. I think I'm finished with assignment 2 Here's the link for them.
    http://tinypic.com/a/1jc7s/3

Very nicely done Pinklady. You can move on to assignment 3.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
    edited January 2010
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The following colour Palette has been ADDED to the Victorian House Challenge! AND the VICTORIAN HOTEL CHALLENGE.

Link to 'Victorian Pink House' Colour Palette:
    http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/42973/Victorian_Pink_House

Use this for your Normal Town Builds as well!

Hope this helps.

'Spread your Roots'
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2010
    I finished my Request build!

Windsor Estate

Download it here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1818459
    edited January 2010
    MerryWidow:

Good to see you back.

I have finished my Beginners Homework Lot. Its name is MOON GARDENS and the address is

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1816934

I have uploaded my photos and finished my Story. The name is MOON GARDENS And a Sim-dude Named Beaux. The address is

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=155532

One question:
    My story description includes the link to my house. But the reverse is not true. Should I reload my house with my story link included?

What happened, was the launcher wouldn't upload the house three times. Later I just tried it for fun and it uploaded it. I have been afraid to do anything until I talked with you.

Also, I think the exchange is saying that WA items are in the house. Please verifu that that is in deed what they mean. If so, I will have to find my goof as I thought I was very careful to avoid that situation.

Thank you, Buddy

Buddy, I'm glad to see you have your lot uploaded, however, you were supposed to change the cover pictures on the lot. Your story was great. So next lot we will change the cover pictures right? I've recommended both lot and story. You can reload the lot with a cover picture and include the story link if you like. You would probably do better on the downloads. It is okay to have WA items in the lot. What I didn't want was CC. So you are okay there. Edit: I've downloaded the lot to take a closer look.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
    edited January 2010
    I finished my Request build!

Windsor Estate

Download it here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1818459

Great job Julia. I've recommended it for you. Good luck!

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
    edited January 2010
    Happy Birthday, Merry! Hope you have a wonderful day! :)
    edited January 2010
    Cera13 wrote:
    Whoo Hoo! Finished homework #5!

Decided to name the lot Swanky Singles Pad. It reminds me of the living room wallpaper :)

I was going to attempt a story, but as it turned out the launcher uploaded some of my pictures once, some twice and a couple three times! I took a deep breath and decided that I won't worry about it for this build.

A link to the photobucket slide show http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v204/sarask/?action=view&current=d50cf003.pbw

And a link to the lot http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1818323

Something must be going on with the exchange. Just as happened to Buddy, it's saying I have store and WA items in my build. I know there are none, I was really careful to just use base game items.

The slide show is great. I've recommended and downloaded the lot.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
    edited January 2010
    Hi Folks

Please feel free to post your Sims, Machinima and Stories here as well.

"Spread your Roots"

DS: Don't tell them I was in the Truck with you and that we were on our way to get more Nectar. :lol:

• riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Well this is depressing. :(

I don't think I can keep working on this house. There's too many glitches. Like if my sims trying to get somewhere she stands half way through the wall... I don't know why. There's enough room and everything...

Ugh. D: I hate when this happens.
  • judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited January 2010
    :shock: :lol:whew! You all are so chatty during the day, it takes me forever to catch up on the posts!!

first of all, Happy Birthday Merry!!

2q1b1on.jpg

Next, thanks for finding my car and shoveling it out for me DS!! And, as for that BBQ tomorrow... ummmm I thought maybe we were having venison... are you sure it wasn't a deer you hit?!! :lol::lol: And, if it was a deer, I do still want the antlers!

Now, back to topic... I have a sneaky suspicion that I may know the cause of my uploading difficulties :roll: It seems that I have the most problems when my son is at home... up in his room playing WoW. Tonight I came home, he is at work... both of my furnished Little Red Cabins uploaded with no problems at all!!

There are two furnished versions because when I was having so many problems, I created one with almost no cc items at all- that version is here
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1818496

The version with all of the cc items is here
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1818518

Now everyone can take their pick of which version they want!

I designed the lot on #9 Brakebak mountain road in creative island, then when I was having upload problems, I transferred the build to 9 Song Avenue in Pleasantview. This is the lot where the Frio brothers were living... I bulldozed their home and placed mine there.

I would be happy to contribute it to the New City build if there is any place it might fit into?!

I also have a victorian home already in my studio, completely done with no cc items that I would be happy to donate to the cause if it fits somewhere. I just don't really have a lot of extra time to build a whole new one.

As for sims, I would also be happy to create some, but hate to commit to a certain deadline, and I have a really difficult time creating them without any cc. I will check the requirements and deadlines again and see what I can come with.
  • JackmontcJackmontc Posts: 233 Member
    edited January 2010
    just a quick one b4 i go to school, can some1 tel me about assignments!
  • Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Bergcrys, I am sorry, I have been frantically building! You have to start with reading the plaque on the right end inside of the large building. I hope I didn't make it too confusing, lol. 8)

**singing in bad harmony with Magician**

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Mer-ry, Happy Birthday, to you!! :mrgreen:
  • nam24601nam24601 Posts: 650
    edited January 2010
    What do you need to know?
  • Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Nam, did you have trouble finding the way into the tomb?
  • nam24601nam24601 Posts: 650
    edited January 2010
    Sherry1968 wrote:
    Bergcrys, I am sorry, I have been frantically building! You have to start with reading the plaque on the right end inside of the large building. I hope I didn't make it too confusing, lol. 8)

**singing in bad harmony with Magician**

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Mer-ry, Happy Birthday, to you!! :mrgreen:

Happy birthday Merry! I'm singing along too, trying to recover some of the melody! lol.

Sherry, I sent you a pm on bb about your tomb :)
  • jadedcat1983jadedcat1983 Posts: 401
    edited January 2010
    Berg..maybe when Jaded sees these post..it is possible she may have a 4shared link also..so hopefully if she does,maybe she will supply it for you...

[url]
    http://www.4shared.com/file/186491134/70142033/Small_Vaction_Home--JadedCat.html[/url]

[url]
    http://www.4shared.com/file/187981633/ccb692cf/Merry_Craftsman_--Jadedcat1983.html[/url]

Ok those two have lots of transferable landscaping..

Jaded
  • judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited January 2010
    :lol::mrgreen: silently mouthing the Happy Birthday to you.... believe me when I say, you do not want me to sing out loud! When I taught pre-school, my kids would even say, "Teacher can you just put the music of it on and don't sing with us?"!!!!
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited January 2010
    Just dropped in to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERRYWIDOW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY :mrgreen:
  • SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited January 2010
    Good morning all, Merry Widdow, I hope you have a wonderful day and I am singing very loudly Happy Birthday to you! :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top