Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS' 101 - For Builders from Novice to Beyond

Comments

• Options
    PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited January 2010
    rinirae: Welcome to Builders' 101-Nice Build

Wolfspryte: Cyclone Alley looks amazing

Httddy: I like No. 1

Jasonmazda2: I don't know about making vids, but I liked it.

Nam: Thanks

lil: These were hard to choose from, they were all nice pics, I'm going to go with No. 1

Merry Thanks a lot, I enjoyed making the palette, soon I'll try other as I'm building. I think I'm finished with assignment 2 Here's the link for them.
    http://tinypic.com/a/1jc7s/3
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited January 2010
    Berg and sherry..thank you for the translation..it makes no sense..but i assume it has something to do with whatever the site is about.

Sherry..Sorry dear..we had to put the horse down..BUT we are having a cookout for Merrys bday..Cant tell you what kind of meat is being served though..its a specialty.I know this joke may be in bad taste..so i say i sorry in advance.

rinirae..The coverpic program was created by a trusted Simmer in the community..and everyone who has downloaded and used it has never had a problem stemming from the program..usually any issues is due to simmers not understanding its use.But once you get the hang of it..you can change coverpic in a matter of minutes.
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Oh, really? That's good to know. :) I'll probably download it later, then.
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Sherry..Sorry dear..we had to put the horse down..BUT we are having a cookout for Merrys bday..Cant tell you what kind of meat is being served though..its a specialty.I know this joke may be in bad taste..so i say i sorry in advance.

S'alright, I have a friend from Chile, and they say the meat is very tender and low in fat. :wink: When they first started serving it in that country, they substituted it for beef and didn't tell anyone because it was cheaper. :-o (*GASP*) Now it costs more, lol.

I'm coming to the cookout, which lot is it on? (I may just eat vegetarian that day) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well i havent really been working on the inside of my build..But i have been working a little on the landscaping.

2i3n0l.jpg
    zv3l3d.jpg
    2drqs3.jpg
    2mr9v08.jpg
  • Options
    bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited January 2010
    for whatever reason that house jaded built with all the flowers will not dl into my game :(
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited January 2010
    OMG! I will NEVER catch up! I'm still back on 260! LOL! I give up D:
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sherry...at risk of sounding daft...how does one get into your tomb....
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi Folks

Wow so many nice Builds. Good job all.

Here is a bit of info to update you on the progress or lack of it on the City Builds and Challenges:

Lots Done = 17

Lots Taken = 20

Left = 120

Victorian Townie House Challenge:

3 Entries (Only)

Old Vic Hotel Challenge:

2 Entries (Only)

Victorian Sim Townie Challenge:

2 Entries (Only)

Please folks, this took us days to set up so that at least our 101 supporters can have some fun. (Request to the groupies and their leader :lol: ) Please join in?

Don't be intimidated by the Rules and Regulations!

They look far worse than they really are and was put in place so that our City doesn't look like a 1000 M&M's in a small box. (In South Africa we get Smarties not M & M's.) We have a saying here if you are confused: I'm confused like a Chameleon on a Smartie Box! :lol: )

Enjoy it Folks

'Spread your Roots'
  • Options
    smile38422smile38422 Posts: 63
    edited January 2010
    so helpful nam24601!!! Thanks! Is Photoshop Elements a free program?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Berg..maybe when Jaded sees these post..it is possible she may have a 4shared link also..so hopefully if she does,maybe she will supply it for you...

Magic..I do have a home i am working on for the world..As far as the challenges..well the Victorian house sounded pretty specific to me..not sure if i could get that one right...So that may be why you havent gotten many entrants.If you dont get may entrants to do the complete home..maybe you guys could build a shell and offer for it to be decorated and landscaped..just an idea..not sure if its a good one though.I really havent looked at specs on the motel though..and as far as Sims go..hmmm,i'm not the best Sim maker.i know there have been some members researching the Era.
  • Options
    MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited January 2010
    Modern Retreat
    by Httddy7

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1814757

The first thing I always check is the alarms. There is a burglar alarm, and there is a fire alarm for the stove, but there isn't a fire alarm for the fireplace. My Sim had the Nicely to Beautifully decorated moodlet the entire time; even outdoors. That was a nice touch with the bubble bath and rubber ducky already there. I love the interiors, very tastefully decorated.

You have a well lit exterior. Nice produce garden, however, not lit for early morning or late night gardening. I love the pergola made of windows, doors and columns with a heather roof. I like the way you sculpted the terrain. And I like the garbage can placement. You have an artistic eye for terrain paints.

Overall a very nice build. I recommend this build.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    is anyone else having troubles installing some of these houses for the new world? launcher is telling me theyre installed but they don't show up in game and arent shaded like most things that are properly installed

I'm having that problem with a lot of non ea stuff
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    smile38422 wrote:
    Thanks LIL and Merry for the feedback - I noticed those plants coming through the wall after I was ready to be done with that house, so no fixing. Also, I purposefully left the back of the fireplace exposed. But I agree it would have been nice to put a wall up. I just didn't want it cutting into that room since the game won't let you run a wall directly next to the FP.

Merry, I downloaded Zinda's tool, but have not used it yet. I've been researching for a couple of days now to learn all this, but still have some questions.

So would the process for designing good cover pics go something like this:

- take screenshot
    - edit/add text in Picasa/other photo software
    - save file to computer as .png 512x512
    - run Zinda's program to replace the initial pic
    - upload LOT to exchange

Is that it? Did I miss a step? I'm a visual learner so I'm just trying to get this process in my head before I take on the next build. Also I just learned that Picasa does everything in jpg format and doesn't convert files to .png. UGH... To many steps... :shock:

Well, we'll figure it out soon enough :)

Oh yeah, and the avatar is almost perfect (as close to a picture of myself I could get), but I forgot to change the eye color to blue.... Oh well. I still like it.

That is basically the process Smile. There is a program mentioned on page 1 in the 2nd post called Irfanview. This is a free program and you can use it to create .png format pictures. There is also a link to a tutorial by XOX1 on how to do it.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ok, finished the WIP, any last minute comments are appreciated! I fixed the curtains, Merry. Here is the bungalow guest house:

Living and kitchen area:
    vyntkw.jpg

Hi Julia, the kitchen counters would look a little more realistic if they didn't have the gaps on the outside edge. You just have to be patient and use the alt key while shifting them into place.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    nam24601nam24601 Posts: 650
    edited January 2010
    smile38422 wrote:
    so helpful nam24601!!! Thanks! Is Photoshop Elements a free program?
    Heh heh...<_< *_* >_>

No...it is not a free program....(pm me at builders' boulevard) ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited January 2010
    Wolfspryte: Just a reminder about your build for Town for Tessa.

Lot 40:

I've postponed the end till the 15th of January 2010.

Please
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well my friends..i noticed an increase in friend request in last 2 days..well it turns out my build named Shinobu got featured...i'm surprised EA featured a home with TSR CC..lol..

*EDIT*...On the subject of groupies...sometimes i have been known to google my screenname just to see what comes up..recently i happened across this link..I have no clue what language its in..But i know it has something to do with Shinobu..
    http://finds.sims2cri.com/en/finds-archive3/december/4240-finds-of-131209.html

Hi darkside, congratulations on being featured again. That site you found is in Italian. I guess they like your work.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    New home on Exchange.

I proudly Present Sim Ridge Legacy Home.

Tour home
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=155369

Download home
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1816766

please recommend if you like this home.

Bright and cheery as usual Lil. I've recommended both the story and the lot. Doing well I see.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok I need help with my cover pic for my request build. Which one?

rbfrr8.jpg

Since it has 2 houses on the lot, its so hard to choose what "feature" it better!

I like #2.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    Buddy_ClydeBuddy_Clyde Posts: 85 New Member
    edited January 2010
    MerryWidow:

Good to see you back.

I have finished my Beginners Homework Lot. Its name is MOON GARDENS and the address is

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1816934

I have uploaded my photos and finished my Story. The name is MOON GARDENS And a Sim-dude Named Beaux. The address is

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=155532

One question:
    My story description includes the link to my house. But the reverse is not true. Should I reload my house with my story link included?

What happened, was the launcher wouldn't upload the house three times. Later I just tried it for fun and it uploaded it. I have been afraid to do anything until I talked with you.

Also, I think the exchange is saying that WA items are in the house. Please verifu that that is in deed what they mean. If so, I will have to find my goof as I thought I was very careful to avoid that situation.

Thank you, Buddy
  • Options
    Buddy_ClydeBuddy_Clyde Posts: 85 New Member
    edited January 2010
    MerryWidow:

Good to see you back.

I have finished my Beginners Homework Lot. Its name is MOON GARDENS and the address is

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1816934

I have uploaded my photos and finished my Story. The name is MOON GARDENS And a Sim-dude Named Beaux. The address is

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=155532

One question:
    My story description includes the link to my house. But the reverse is not true. Should I reload my house with my story link included?

What happened, was the launcher wouldn't upload the house three times. Later I just tried it for fun and it uploaded it. I have been afraid to do anything until I talked with you.

Also, I think the exchange is saying that WA items are in the house. Please verifu that that is in deed what they mean. If so, I will have to find my goof as I thought I was very careful to avoid that situation.

Thank you, Buddy
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Ughh... I have no idea where to put the stairs. :( I was going to make U-Shaped, but it messed up the exterior paint because I didn't use a solid color.

2a6wg3d.jpg

Any ideas on where to put it?
  • Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2010
    Whoo Hoo! Finished homework #5!

Decided to name the lot Swanky Singles Pad. It reminds me of the living room wallpaper :)

I was going to attempt a story, but as it turned out the launcher uploaded some of my pictures once, some twice and a couple three times! I took a deep breath and decided that I won't worry about it for this build.

A link to the photobucket slide show http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v204/sarask/?action=view&current=d50cf003.pbw

And a link to the lot http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1818323

Something must be going on with the exchange. Just as happened to Buddy, it's saying I have store and WA items in my build. I know there are none, I was really careful to just use base game items.

edit-realized the store items were a free door and a free TV, still can't figure out the WA item(s).
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top