Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twilight World Project ***For Base Game Only*** (on hold, indefinitely)

Comments

• ekapaekapa Posts: 249
    edited January 2010
    I know, I can't figure it out for the life of me! I allowed people to see my email if any of you ever need to contact me... *points down* It's down there...in my siggy...
    edited January 2010
    I asked apparently you can't...so if you need to contact me you have my email.

Cutie, email me if you want and I'll give you a list of CC hair (but it's a secret!).
  • vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi!
    I love Twilight. I can't wait till you finish Forks.
    It's great that you don't use CC.
    Do you need any builders?
    I would like to build some houses.
    edited January 2010
    Hey guys I may be MIA for an indefinite period of time. I just got a job in (yay paying work!)...I like saying that, makes it sound like I'm a ninja assassin. But if you guys keep going with building and finishing up the sims then we can jump right back in. I'll be around to keep an eye on things and what's going on.
    edited January 2010
    Finished the preliminary sketch just now. Working a bit on the game but it's already late.

Another thought was that I just need random houses too...just make sure they fit into the quaint or Native Americanish (improvised a bit with that one) style.
  • Kati0223Kati0223 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited January 2010
    i love twilight and i love forks!!!! its awsome! love it!
  • cutiecutie Posts: 150 New Member
    edited January 2010
    do worry, i found the website but thx anyway
    edited January 2010
    cutie wrote:
    do worry, i found the website but thx anyway

Ok I will worry! :wink:

Is it the a paysite or a free site? And there are a few good ones. XM Sims is really good and free...but Peggy, for example, isn't, well sometimes it is.
  • GLachailleGLachaille Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2010
    Afternoon all - been quiet due to RL returning. It sucks to have to pay bills.

I have pretty much finished the Black House and will hopefully have it ready to load to MTS tonight.

PMing people - the closest on the sims3.com would probably be signing the guestbook. However, Ruthless also has memberships on the MTS forum and at Builder's Boulevard.. you can probably send a message to her through one of those sites easily. I am not sure of her policies, but you might want to formally request using her lots in the final product that is uploaded since it will bundle her lots with the world file.
  • SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited January 2010
    Not that I am helping out with this or anything, but just my 2 cents as a lot creator... I would be pretty upset if someone just went onto my fansite and started randomly downloading my lots to re-upload into their own world / creation without both permission and giving credit. So... I see that you are looking to download free lots, so I thought I'd just second that opinion that you should ask and then give credit.

SimRealtor
    www.mysimrealty.com
    edited January 2010
    Yes, yes...hence why I want to contact her but EA makes that pretty hard to do.

There was another board where we were debating this and most other creators said "if it's on the exchange than it's fair game". I said I was against doing this without the creators permission...but most other didn't care and probably won't give the credit to where it's due because the makers of the lots don't "retain rights to their work"...take it up with them, not me, dear, I'm with you! Read this:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/152770.page

Anyway, personally I'd rather be using our own stuff as planned but we need a lot more...a LOT more! So keep rocking them out and we'll see if we need more when this starts back up. Thanks GLachaille, can't wait to see it.
  • MarcoMuffinMarcoMuffin Posts: 177 New Member
    edited January 2010
    i love the town, not the sims :S

these ones look more like the actors from the twilight movies:
    http://www.ladyfrontbum.com/?cat=18
    edited January 2010
    i love the town, not the sims :S

these ones look more like the actors from the twilight movies:
    http://www.ladyfrontbum.com/?cat=18

Link fail! :D (ok now it worked, they're nice)

I'm sure the creators would have liked to use CC and expansion pack and store things to make them look more like the real characters but we aren't using any of that stuff. Perhaps if they'd like they can upload an alternate. Using the things that they really wanted to use.
    edited January 2010
    i did peggyzone and modthesims3
    edited January 2010
    Yep those ones are good (: Check out XM though, they're my favorite.
    edited January 2010
    ekapa wrote:
    Yep those ones are good (: Check out XM though, they're my favorite.
    ok thx
  • designgirl08designgirl08 Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2010
    Yes I was keeping it just to that specific house designer in hopes that we could ask her if we could use them. I do agree that it is fair game once it's on the Exchange and I would be honored if people would use my houses!

That is great news about your freelance job! YAY! I will try and build a few more houses this weekend! I have also been busy with design work (real life) and doing some Machinima videos for the SIFF (sims international film festival!). If ya'll want to take a quick break, check out my trailer and read a little about the SIFF!

I also have a youtube page with some great Sim movies (romance of course)!

[wmv]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_4yXU3ct0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_4yXU3ct0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/wmv]

Let's all keep trucking along! Everyone is doing a great job!!!! Yay!!!
    edited January 2010
    Wow I'm impressed Designgirl! That is really good. I never watch those but I may start now. I didn't know you could get that advanced in the story...I may have to dabble in that one day.

The children's book fell through actually but now I'm working on a web comic for a movie company and a iphone game too. Work seems to come in waves, it's weird.

I did a house to be used in the Quileute region. I sort of gave them their own architecture (it's more country, ranch-style).

If anyone gets a hold of ruthlesskk before me could you please send her a link to here and ask her (nicely of course) if she doesn't mind if we use her amazing houses in our world. That would be great.
  • Gordana123Gordana123 Posts: 659 Member
    edited January 2010
    So anyone care to tell me when can we expect this town ready for download?PLS.Thanks. :-)
    edited January 2010
    Well once I get all the houses we need then it won't be long...just a bit more trees, a few lakes and then effects and spawners.

Then you can all start testing it.

Not sure how you all want to do the people yet. We'd have to upload it onto another website for that and I'm not quite certain how to save it with the people in it yet. We'll see about that.

Once we get all the houses ready...a week or two after that? I'm hoping. :wink:
    edited January 2010
    hi, i've got good news too, i'm starting to write a story, tell me what you think!!!

My Dream would be…

Chapter One
    Waking Up

It was a cold, snowy day. The little grains of snow fell onto the soft pink rose petals, that were wanting to awaken. The tears of the dull, green leaves freezed into tiny icicles , that would soon end up melting back into tears.
    In a small but busy , traffic filled town, which was world renown from it’s famous Heart court. So of course I would be talking about Willson, where Rebecca Sands lived in a house on a main road. She was an average school child, had an alright life, it could be very, very good or very, very bad. However Rebecca wanted more than average life she wanted to be an adventurer, but she would become something much better. She had just heard her morning alarm, and felt her single mother dragging her out of bed. “L-e-t g-o o-f-f ME” Rebecca pleaded
    Today was Wednesday, most people dislike Mondays but it was the subjects she learnt, RE, PE, dance, science and T-E-C-H-N-O-L-O-G-Y. Rebecca dreaded technology, her own person hell, created to drain her soul.
    “You don’t have school today, you numpty , it’s snowing, look” Cara replied
    Rebecca leaped out of bed and nearly fell out of the window but it wouldn’t have mattered because the garden and pavement were covered in a blanket of snow, which was like the South Pole in summer.(C)
    thats all ive done so far, let me know what u think??? honest and dont lie
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2010
    can I do leah clearwater
  • dkingdking Posts: 24 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I will do mike newton
    edited January 2010
    Hi cutie, I really liked the start of you story. Obviously! (if I hadn't I wouldn't have grammar checked it for you :wink: ) I fixed a few little things for you and made a couple different word choices. In college my teacher once told me that as a general rule: you don't want to use the same word in a 45-50 word radius. So for example, if you use the word "little" you don't want to use it again until another 50 words after (or before). The reason for this is because it will still be in people's memories and hearing it again will become monotonous or boring.
    You can take a look and use what you want and don't want. I really like your descriptions of things. The dew melting into tears in particular was brilliant.

Chapter One
    Waking Up

It was a cold, snowy day. The tiny grains of white fell onto the soft pink rose petals that were wanting to awaken. The dew on the dull, green leaves froze to form tiny icicles; soon they would melt back into little tears.
    It was a small, though bustling, city. Renowned for its famous Heart Court. Of course, I'm talking about the quaint town of Willson, where Rebecca Sands lived in a house on the main road. She was an average school child, had a decent enough life, it could be extremely good or terribly bad. However, Rebecca wanted more than an average life; she wanted to be an adventurer.
    On this particular morning Rebecca had just heard her morning alarm, and felt Cara, her single-mother, dragging her out of bed.
    “Let go of ME” Rebecca pleaded.
    Today was Wednesday, most people dislike Mondays but it was the subjects she had to learn at school that she hated most about Wednesdays: RE, PE, Dance, Science and Technology. Rebecca dreaded technology, her own person hell, created with the sole purpose of draining her very soul.
    “You don’t have school today, you numpty! It’s snowing, look!” Cara replied.
    Rebecca leaped out of bed and nearly fell out of the window. Though it wouldn’t have mattered because the garden and pavement were covered in a blanket of snow; like the South Pole in Summer.
  • GLachailleGLachaille Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2010
    I finished the Black house and loaded it to MTS ... and 4shared. I figured that way those who didn't want to wait until MTS approved the file can get it now.

You can find it here: http://glachaille.saimhe.net/?q=node/26