Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Town for Building Closed due to Creator Deleting the World. Sorry folks.. It's not me!

Comments

• Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited January 2010
    Here is my house for lot #130- 4 wildman way. I updated and adjusted the home for the new world.
    2d8hpwx.jpg
    29239g4.jpg

I was having problems with the launcher- Of Course! so now there are two copies on the exchange!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1803311

Judy

I Love this build of yours. I just can't get it to Download :evil:

Help me please.

'Spread your Roots'
  • Options
    bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited January 2010
    I have another quick question about the victorian family challenge. What exactly is meant by Victorian themes? Do they have to have actual victorian costume or is victorian like enough. Im assuming names have to be victorian themed but its kinda vague and leaves a lot to the interpretation to just say themed. I just want to make sure im themed enough.
  • Options
    nam24601nam24601 Posts: 650
    edited January 2010
    magician1 wrote:
    Judy

I Love this build of yours. I just can't get it to Download

Help me please.

'Spread your Roots'

I have a lot of trouble with my launcher (won't load up 50% of the time; crashes another 40%...) so I find that instead of clicking "Add to Game" to download a lot, I click the smaller "Save File" link below...That helps me the majority of the time...don't know if you have tried this or not, but I thought I would let you know. (also, if you want to give someone the dl numbers, but don't actually want to dl at the time, you can click the save file link, and then click cancel...it still counts as a dl in the person's studio, but won't actually save to your computer)
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited January 2010
    Magician, try what Nam suggested first, I've had to do that with some of mine as well... it is a rather large file. If that doesn't work, I'll upload it to my mediafire account and you can get it from there!
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited January 2010
    I'm kind of new here and i'm wondering what all this builders 101 stuff is?
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited January 2010
    Thanks judywork1957! I'll have to check this out tomorrow theres several hundred links to go to.lol
  • Options
    wolfsprytewolfspryte Posts: 187 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Magician.. thanks! I've picked my plans for the house, now just have to get started building! :D

Judy... the lot is just as pretty either way! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BGateGWayB wrote:
    Thanks judywork1957! I'll have to check this out tomorrow theres several hundred links to go to.lol

Hi there

If you follow the Link that Judy gave you you will go to the 1st page of Builders' 101. The 1st 5 Posts explain all we do and have lots of links. Don't go to them now. Just read through the 5 posts. Let us know on Builders' 101 what level of experience you have in Building. We will then direct you to the next step.

Hope this helps you.

'Keep Spreading your Roots'
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Magician, How victorian does our victorian themed family have to be? Is victorian-ish clothing fine? I'm assuming victorian era names but I'm concerned about clothing. I'm trying to go for prim and proper but I don't want to not meet the requirements
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bergcrys wrote:
    Magician, How victorian does our victorian themed family have to be? Is victorian-ish clothing fine? I'm assuming victorian era names but I'm concerned about clothing. I'm trying to go for prim and proper but I don't want to not meet the requirements

Hi

Sorry I haven't answered you earlier. It's a bit hectic sitting with 6 Sites open at the same time and answering all Q's. But I'm with you now. :D

Victorian = 1801 (When the City was established till the turn of the Century) Now TS3 hasn't supplied us with that much as far as this era, so whatever you can come up with using TS3 and CC stuff that will Download. The Term Victorian is a broad one as there are so many Victorian Era's, styles etc. Go with whatever you've got for Victorian Style.

I suggest, choose a time/theme in the Victorian Era and concentrate on that. Make your Sims clothes , etc suitable for the time/theme you have selected.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

'Spread your Roots'
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    not to be a pain but if im correct regency was before victorian right? so those type of dresses wouldn't work?
  • Options
    transcendentaltreetranscendentaltree Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited January 2010
    I'd be interested in any one of the lots 31, 32, or 34. I'm guessing they're the ones that are directly on the beach. I don't know what your planned locations are for the lots because when I downloaded the Island there weren't any lot locations placed on it yet. If you could give me a screenshot pointing out where the house I'll be working on is, it would be helpful, because I'd like to coordinate my window placement with the direction of the sun. Also, what kind of deadline are you looking at?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bergcrys wrote:
    not to be a pain but if im correct regency was before victorian right? so those type of dresses wouldn't work?

Hi There

I googled 'Regency': Here's the link to a page that explains everything I think you would like to know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Regency

Hope this helps.

'Spread your Roots'
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'd be interested in any one of the lots 31, 32, or 34. I'm guessing they're the ones that are directly on the beach. I don't know what your planned locations are for the lots because when I downloaded the Island there weren't any lot locations placed on it yet. If you could give me a screenshot pointing out where the house I'll be working on is, it would be helpful, because I'd like to coordinate my window placement with the direction of the sun. Also, what kind of deadline are you looking at?

Hi there

Welcome to our City.

I will book no 31 for you.

As for the pic's and location of the lot: May I suggest that you Download the City and got to the Lot to see excactly what you are getting to build on.

There's a Link to the City for Download on page 1 of this Thread.

The City will close for Building on June 30, 2010.

Thank you and welcome again.

Enjoy.

'Spread your Roots'

• Options
    transcendentaltreetranscendentaltree Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited January 2010
    I downloaded the city already, but I went back in just now and when I tried to place a household it let me see the lots. So I'm ready to build. :)

The deadline is more than sufficient. I just wanted to make sure you weren't expecting anything within the next couple of days. I might be able to contribute a few lots to the city with the deadline we're given. :)

Thanks for letting me join the building project - this looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I think we'll have a really cool end product. :D
  • Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited January 2010

Uploading and Downloading info

I have seen some posts where people are having problems uploading or downloading from the exchange or to their media. I have noticed that if I have my internet browser window open when trying to upload to the exchange or my media it will not upload. I must shut my browser and only have my launcher open for it to work.

When downloading if I have more then 1 internet window open I can not download until I close the other windows or if I have my browser open when trying to insall from the browser it will not install until the browser is closed.

I don't know if this info will help you or not, but I thought I would pass it along.

Lil
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Uploading and Downloading info

I have seen some posts where people are having problems uploading or downloading from the exchange or to their media. I have noticed that if I have my internet browser window open when trying to upload to the exchange or my media it will not upload. I must shut my browser and only have my launcher open for it to work.

When downloading if I have more then 1 internet window open I can not download until I close the other windows or if I have my browser open when trying to insall from the browser it will not install until the browser is closed.

I don't know if this info will help you or not, but I thought I would pass it along.

Lil

Well thank you Lil.

I will try this for sure.

Phew, i see a light at the end of the tunnel! Just hope it's not a Train. :lol:

'Spread your Roots'
  • Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited January 2010

Creators Island Gym

Here is the completed gym for creators Island for lot 7 Jackson Triggs Road

Name of property is Creators Island Fitness Center.

Tour
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=154270

Download
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1804992

Lil
  • Options
    jadedcat1983jadedcat1983 Posts: 401
    edited January 2010
    bergcrys wrote:

Regency styles overlapped with VIctorian styles.... Queen Victoria for whom the Victorian era was named was born and grew up with the regency style. SO yes regency styling would work....just not medieval...lol

Jaded
  • Options
    Buddy_ClydeBuddy_Clyde Posts: 85 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I would like to reserve 2 Tweek Lane, please.

Also, would like the new Support Builders 101 signature banner. Tried the URL... and response is no such page. Help, please.

Thank you
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I would like to reserve 2 Tweek Lane, please.

Also, would like the new Support Builders 101 signature banner. Tried the URL... and response is no such page. Help, please.

Thank you

Hi there

Glad to see you in the City

No 2 Tweek Lane is for a Future Challenge and cannot be Booked. Please go through the list on Page 1 and make sure the Lot you want to book is not in Bold.

Let me know which other Lot you want.

IRO the signature. I will have a look at what the problem is.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks Jaded!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

CHALLENGE 101-1: THE VICTORIAN TOWNIE HOUSE CHALLENGE:

CHALLENGE 101-A: THE VICTORIAN TOWNIE SIM CHALLENGE:

I have extended the Closing date for these challenges till the 28th of February 2010. Hope this makes it easier for you and give you enough time.

The next challenges will be announced on the 16th of January but will be with less Restriction and Rules so that it will be much easier.

• Options
    smile38422smile38422 Posts: 63
    edited January 2010
    I would like LOT #113 - 13 Queen Anne Drive