This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Sims 4 Update Required By June 10

Comments

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 900 Member
    but... but... I am fully updated 🤔 [existential angst warning]

Swd6sNF.png

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,315 Member
    More warning time would have been helpful. I am currently having pain issues that will make it very hard for me to spend a full day updating my mods right now.

The fact that this step is crucial if we ever want to play again means it is an extremely important thing that the players should have been given a lot of time to prepare for. Based on the date of the post you are giving us only 5 days notice to do the update before the 10th. That is unrealistic for many people. What if someone is on a trip these next couple weeks, for example, and doesn't even see this message until after the 10th?

It is simply unrealistic to assume that EA, love them or hate them, can manage their update schedule to accomodate every single player's health issues, vacation schedules, or mod collections. And at no point have I seen it implied that players will never be able to play again - they will just have to update at some point and if they don't do it before June 10th, they won't be able to play until they do.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,560 Member
    edited June 5
    It's time to freeze the game in its current state before moving forward.

Backup plan !

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,591 Member
    Screenshot-20240605-124656-2.png

Oh, I wonder if this means they are also fixing the offline play feature. When my internet went out recently, I was completely unable to play my game because the EA app wanted me to connect online first and since I couldn't, it blocked me from being able to start up my game at all.

Fingers crossed!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,471 Member
    edited June 5
    And at no point have I seen it implied that players will never be able to play again - they will just have to update at some point and if they don't do it before June 10th, they won't be able to play until they do.

This is how I take it too. Simply game will not launch if not up to date after update of EAapp at 10th. You update the game, then it launches again.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,333 Member
    Caerfinon wrote: »

Swd6sNF.png

That LLordMike picture really doesn't help too 😂 I feel threatened
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    edited June 5
    Screenshot-20240605-172141-2.png

Screenshot-20240605-181805-2.png
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,451 Member
    Yes! as Caerfinon I too am fully updated and getting this message. :|
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    I got it also. Shut down, reloaded, it was gone. :)
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 373 Member
    I haven't been able to update my game all week! It keeps saying "preparing game" and then eventually it tells me there is a security issue and the game can not be updated. I guess I won't be able to update the game.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,770 Member
    Oh ok thanks @simgirl1010 . It seemed from the tweet you quoted that we had to update before June 10 in order to play.

Yes, I thought that too, and panic updated yesterday. The first update I've done in a year and hopefully I'll find nothing nasty has happened as I still haven't managed to play with the updated game.
    I did run it to check it runs, and it does - yet to see the changes.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Caerfinon wrote: »

Swd6sNF.png

That LLordMike picture really doesn't help too 😂 I feel threatened

Strange, that this pops up for updated games. I didn't get this pop up. I am playing with the EA app in online mode so I should be fully updated. Or maybe showing the add for the goth galore for the 10th time was more important.
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 163 Member

How? The game updated automatically today.
    Then I got the orange bar of nag, telling me to update. How? There's no button, nowhere to click in game or in the EA app to update my game.

HOW?
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 7
    How? The game updated automatically today.
    Then I got the orange bar of nag, telling me to update. How? There's no button, nowhere to click in game or in the EA app to update my game.

HOW?

If your game's already up to date (1.107.151.1020/1230 at the time of writing) – no need to do anything. You'll be able to play the game from June 10.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 252 Member
    My game updated, so I thought great the popup will be gone. No such luck, even after shutting down and restarting. :|
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,584 Member
    For me the pop up started showing up after the emergency patch. So the previous patch was OK and the latest one isn't? I have the latest patch so I assume I will be okay. I think the pop up isn't programmed well.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,468 Member
    I see from the later clarifications that this isn't as much of a panic as it originally sounded. Glad to hear that we will be able to update after June 10th if we can't fit it in before that. Hopefully this all goes smoothly.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 451 Member
    I updated my game, still getting the "make sure you update by June 10th" pop-up but at least it got rid of the "Remember me? Horse Ranch buy now" pop-up when I already have purchased it. Still no Event for me though...
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 84 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I think the pop up isn't programmed well.

It's not. Otherwise it wouldn't be nagging players with an up-to-date game to update their game 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Sure they can be a pain... but it's better to know than to not know.

zENKVe6.png
    Cheers
    C.
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,471 Member
    @Caerfinon , LOL :D

I did not mind the popup, clicked it away and that's it, really no biggie if one does not make it a biggie, up to all. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    lumaluma888lumaluma888 Posts: 18 Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > As you wish.

I have auto-updates turned off, but I did an update earlier this week. I'm hoping it was this update, it doesn't look like I have other updates pending.
    However, when I launch my game, it still has the orange pop up that says to Update my Game before 6/10. Does it do that to everyone, or did i just not update it?
    Also, i have sims 4 installed on another laptop that i have to send to get fixed, do I need to update that one, too? They are uninstalling the game from that laptop. But the laptop hardly works, I don't think it will even update properly.

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    lumaluma888lumaluma888 Posts: 18 Member
    Can y'all add a bass guitar to the game in one of the updates? If y'all ever do a band pack, can it please have a bass guitar. I love the upright bass, too. But there is nothing rockin' about a giant 4-string behemoth in a sea of electric guitars. It will look different from the 6 string guitar because they are slightly SLIGHTLY taller and have 4 knobs instead of 6. And people should read the description. If your struggling sim accidentally bought a bass instead of a guitar and now has to sell a window to correct that mistake, that's on your sim. Meanwhile, MY SIM will look groovy slappin a bass guitar. I hope the update includes a bass! Or the ability for sims to play music together.
  • Options
    Petra89Petra89 Posts: 3 New Member
    Why can't I still do the daily log in thing? I really want the hair... I updated my game, repaired it, nothing...
  • Options
    @Petr89 the roll out process EA is using for the daily rewards is to be completed by June 13th for all users they said.
    Cheers
    C.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top