This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Patch May 28

Comments

• Options
    chercorechercore Posts: 2 New Member
    hey! sorry if this has already been covered - i looked through and couldn't find any post similar, but maybe i missed it. i was wondering if anyone was having any issues with build/buy after this patch? it loads up normally, however *non* of my items are actually there, and where you click on the left hand side to view just one pack's items (like just looking at parenthood buildbuy stuff for example), it is glitched out and won't do anything when i click on it. i've removed ui cheats, multiple cas columns and updated MCC and nothing has changed. anyone have this issue? thank you in advance !!
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 163 Member

I'm looking forward to the daily rewards, I like free stuff. I miss out on pre-release freebies/bonus items because I like to look at YouTube reviews before I buy. So logging in every day seems like a small thing to do IMO.

I read that this is a limited time thing - does that mean limited time offer, or limited time use? I would think the former but I've seen posts on FB saying that people have had rewards removed in the past. That makes no sense to me but I need to know before I use these items.

Don't hate - sometimes I need things spelled out (especially when it comes to EA)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,211 Member
    Hi @chercore , check Luth's list here for a list of mods that broke and/or have been updated this week
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mods-CC-Issues/Broken-Obsolete-and-Updated-Sims-4-Mods-1-107-May-28-2024-Game/td-p/13754418
    As always, anytime you remove or disable a mod, be sure to delete the localthumbcache file and repair the game before restarting.
    Any further issues please consider posting on that forum (Mods and CC Issues) because there are very knowledgeable users there who can help :)
    Don't buy broken stuff
  • Options
    The trash can bug appears not fixed in my game. I have one mod in, it's been updated for the new patch.
    Screen-Shot-2024-05-29-at-4-41-52-PM.png

This bug is, as always, intermittent -- after about a minute it works properly, which has always been the case for me
    Screen-Shot-2024-05-29-at-4-42-44-PM.png

Anyone seeing this without mods? I'm reluctant to make a bug report since I do have a mod, and it's hard to take mods out and try to test for the bug because it's intermittent
    Don't buy broken stuff
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,791 Member
    edited May 30
    Updated my game, which was not very difficult, not many mods that needed to be updated. Logged in and claimed my first reward, looks like the next one will be available tomorrow.

I am also trying the dx11 version and it seems to be working fine. I'm pretty happy with this update.

A little note to reshade users:

Switching to dx11 will switch to a version which you don't have reshade installed on. Just download the latest version of reshade (or whatever version you are using) and reinstall it on the new TS4_x64.exe and make sure you select that the game is now running Dirextx11 when you are installing it.

The dirextx9 version seems to have been renamed to TS4_DX9_x64.exe.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 490 Member
    I haven't updated yet, in part because I'm waiting for BBB to be updated and also because I'm concerned about anecdotal reports (e.g., on Reddit and YouTube) about problems accessing the game, extreme lag or endless lot loading problems after the patch. Some existing reported bugs on AHQ, like endless loading, also seem to be hitting some people for the first time now. And there's a new bug reported there that really concerns me about the game throwing LEs when sims do certain interactions like eating food, viewing art or using a sink.

I did snag a cc version of the login rewards in the meantime so that I don't miss any just because it's not safe to update. Yet another reason the battle pass model is worse than SDX drops: it forces you to choose whether or not to update before knowing whether the patch has issues or before your mods are updated.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    Updated yesterday. Played for a bit. No issues so far. Grabbed my first login reward this morning.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,256 Member
    Also all good here on the Western Front. :)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    chercorechercore Posts: 2 New Member
    > @mightysprite said:
    > Hi @chercore , check Luth's list here for a list of mods that broke and/or have been updated this week
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mods-CC-Issues/Broken-Obsolete-and-Updated-Sims-4-Mods-1-107-May-28-2024-Game/td-p/13754418
    > As always, anytime you remove or disable a mod, be sure to delete the localthumbcache file and repair the game before restarting.
    > Any further issues please consider posting on that forum (Mods and CC Issues) because there are very knowledgeable users there who can help :)

Hey!! Thank you so much, the issue has been sorted, much appreciate your help :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,584 Member
    I unlocked the first object as well. I just realised I never used the get together dart board a single time in all those years. But I expect to make use of the other items like the one tile bar and the pillows.

@EA_Cade can you please let us know if these objects are tied to our account, or just our pc? Will they still be there if I ever have to reinstall the game or move to a new laptop.
  • Options
    @chercore Glad to hear it :)

Thanks to the Henford Hen and y'all, Babs Builder and I have all the login rewards now :)
    It's a fun exploit but I don't know how long it will last...

05-30-24-12-03-05-AM.png
    for reference, here's how the exploit works:
    - go to build mode
    - select "show all"
    - in the filter box, sort by "event rewards", you will not see any items yet
    - also filter by every color
    - the rewards should show up! or, at least until they fix it
    Don't buy broken stuff
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 364 Member

Gallery Server
    • Non-anonymous Gallery users appearing in the Following and Followers tabs will once again display the number of Followers each user has.

nope, that didn't happen. still says zero followers. (I had over 15,000 before they moved the server)
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,728 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    We don't need rewards to play the game - we just need game fixes.

Agreed. 100%
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,811 Member
    I did get the first reward today also. I didn't have time to actually play since this is a granddaughter day. But I logged in for the reward and took time to look for it in build/buy.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 490 Member
    Marjia wrote: »
    Gallery Server
    • Non-anonymous Gallery users appearing in the Following and Followers tabs will once again display the number of Followers each user has.

nope, that didn't happen. still says zero followers. (I had over 15,000 before they moved the server)

Here's the new bug report about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GALLERY-Followers-amp-Followed-People-Missing/td-p/13761162
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,333 Member
    edited May 31
    Seems that the discussion was closed
    but just wanted to let everyone know I've got the login rewards event thing now too :)

sYNYQ8r.png
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 87 Member
    Thank you I'm very happy with the dartboard
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,042 Member
    The new event necklace makes nice casual jewelry. It goes well with several earring sets.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2114106&authkey=%21AAl1__oZTwnA9b8&width=1080&height=1080
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 625 Member
    Not sure if this is a bug or by design but if you have to delete your Sims 4 game folder and regenerate a fresh version of the game, you will lose all of your new unlockable items.

As someone that sometimes plays with mods and without, I have two builds of the folder and found that I have to login to both in order to get the rewards. I hope it's a bug and that it eventually stays locked to your account regardless of generating a new build as I plan to upgrade my computer again in a few months and hate that I will lose items simply for getting new hardware.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,138 Member
    Maybe they're held in the content folder like SDX? Then you can just save that.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 625 Member
    Maybe they're held in the content folder like SDX? Then you can just save that.

That was a great thought but unfortunately it doesn't work. Just tried a quick test and it didn't register.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,811 Member
    Not sure if this is a bug or by design but if you have to delete your Sims 4 game folder and regenerate a fresh version of the game, you will lose all of your new unlockable items.

As someone that sometimes plays with mods and without, I have two builds of the folder and found that I have to login to both in order to get the rewards. I hope it's a bug and that it eventually stays locked to your account regardless of generating a new build as I plan to upgrade my computer again in a few months and hate that I will lose items simply for getting new hardware.

Oh, no! This is what I was afraid of.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,711 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

Oh, no! This is what I was afraid of.

I think they are just found in debug, like all other "hidden" game objects. You can currently find them without having the event active in your game, so they are there not really gone. Also, I think it may be possible to just download them from the gallery.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,333 Member
    Oh thats even worse
    So many times you have to delete and start fresh The Sims 4 folder because something is broken it would be so upsetting if this gets rid of objects in your game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,711 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Oh thats even worse
    So many times you have to delete and start fresh The Sims 4 folder because something is broken it would be so upsetting if this gets rid of objects in your game

Yes, but I think if you save them to your library, they should still be there when you start a new save. People can still download the Sim Sessions podium and merchandise stands and they can be found in debug, so I think maybe these objects will be similar.