Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch May 28

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    So I just had a sim age up to teen and he got an option for a trait - Practice Makes Perfect - is that new?

That's one of the rewards for the datamined upcoming weekly login event. So, that's likely a bug that you got it.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I agree. While it's nice to be offered "free stuff", it seems like a bribery to try to keep people playing so the quotas are met. It's also possibly going to agitate mod users and creators, who often don't play until mods are updated, and mod creators shouldn't have to feel pressured because of time-limited rewards.

I've speculated before that our collective playing hours must be going down. This move seems to confirm it.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,111 Member
    @PandoraTO Thank you, but that much I knew as I did read the patch notes. My questions was more about if anyone with insights to dx11 vs dx9 could make a qualified guess on just how much it would effect mods and CC and if it just mean waiting for them to update and then use them at will, or if it's a "no you can't ever use mods or CC again"-thing.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,239 Member
    logion wrote: »
    A directX11 mode? Sweet!

I agree!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    So there's 5 weeks of logging in for daily rewards? Oh jeepers. Do I take my laptop to the campground with me this summer? (I'm in a tent, not an RV).

Well, if the sims team does this during the summer holidays like July or August then several simmers going a real life holiday will miss out on these objects. I don't bring my laptop with me on holidays. I just can't.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    @PandoraTO Thank you, but that much I knew as I did read the patch notes. My questions was more about if anyone with insights to dx11 vs dx9 could make a qualified guess on just how much it would effect mods and CC and if it just mean waiting for them to update and then use them at will, or if it's a "no you can't ever use mods or CC again"-thing.

I don't think it's the latter because they said it would eventually roll out to everyone. I can't imagine that they'd break mods for everyone on purpose. (Although, you never know!) In the meantime, I assume for now that only vanilla users will try out dx11 because I doubt modders will be updating things for it before it rolls out universally.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,569 Member
    [
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    So there's 5 weeks of logging in for daily rewards? Oh jeepers. Do I take my laptop to the campground with me this summer? (I'm in a tent, not an RV).

Well, if the sims team does this during the summer holidays like July or August then several simmers going a real life holiday will miss out on these objects. I don't bring my laptop with me on holidays. I just can't.

I don't take my laptop to the kitchen, let alone on holiday. :lol:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I didn't see anything different in the base. I checked the build mode objects, aspirations & CAS. So what's new in the base?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    So I just had a sim age up to teen and he got an option for a trait - Practice Makes Perfect - is that new?

That's one of the rewards for the datamined upcoming weekly login event. So, that's likely a bug that you got it.

Oops. I picked it for him so I hope it doesn't bug out my game. He just got the option to go for a Mindful Walk, with the PMP icon next to it, so off he went :D
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Re. broken stuff, just Sims4Sims Graphic Rules Overhaul so far. There are some obsolete mods (yay! this is good!), and a handful of updates.

Re. the rewards, my understanding is you just have to start Sims 4, not play? And presumably online. For people who don't want to do even that without mods, just drag your folder to your desktop.

Re. DirectX 11, there's a feedback/bugs thread. I'm hearing mixed reports different places about whether performance is better or worse with it :D So, your mileage may vary. As for mod impact, that's likely to be on CC, not anything gameplay-related. No reports in on that yet, but I'm all ears if you see bad CC when DX11 is enabled.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    edited May 28
    EA_Cade's Tutorial
    PnXcpxG.png

DirectX 11 (DX11) for The Sims 4 - A Step-by-Step Guide

https://answers.ea.com/t5/PC/Enabling-DirectX-11-For-Sims-4-on-EA-app-and-Steam/m-p/13711976
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 802 Member
    So far pretty good.. 40% of my mods are cleared for the new patch and it's just the first day!
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    Meh. I don't feel like updating MCCC (it feels like I only did it a week or two ago) so I'm going back to offline play for a while. Fortunately I don't really care about the "free" items right now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 810 Member
    Can console players get the new stuff? I updated and poked around on my PS5 and did not see anything that I could click on to claim the dart board.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    Can console players get the new stuff? I updated and poked around on my PS5 and did not see anything that I could click on to claim the dart board.

I don't think it's out yet. This has just been datamined so far.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,388 Member
    Meh. I don't feel like updating MCCC (it feels like I only did it a week or two ago) so I'm going back to offline play for a while. Fortunately I don't really care about the "free" items right now.

I didn’t need to update mccc. It seems to still be good to go. You’ll need to enable mods again and restart but it should still be there, at least it was for me. If you updated it after the last sims update, that seems to still be the newest version on the website too.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    edited May 28
    fujicakes1 wrote: »

I didn’t need to update mccc. It seems to still be good to go. You’ll need to enable mods again and restart but it should still be there, at least it was for me. If you updated it after the last sims update, that seems to still be the newest version on the website too.

I saw a message on the MCCC Discord that it's been updated today. I purposely delayed my last update for weeks because patch day comes around very regularly, which tends to result in a new version of MCCC. I'm grateful for the fixes, but having to update the mod so often is undeniably annoying, which is why I got into the habit of delaying the updates for a month or two when I didn't specifically need to play online.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 187 Member

I’m not at all impressed with the time limited rewards feature. It encourages compulsive, addictive behavior, especially in kids that start out playing this game. “It’s all free, it’s free!” or so they say, but in order to get the free stuff you will need to pay the ultimate price: turn into a FOMO zombie. It’s awful. Once you’re a FOMO zombie you just can’t stop. You have to log in and get all that’s on offer, there will be no more playing offline, be online all the time kids, because they want to watch you non-stop, collect the data, that’s more valuable than money, and make sure everyone get’s hooked on something. And they want to keep you hooked and make you weaker and weaker. Eventually you’ll buy everything, even the stuff you’re not really interested in. “Cotta Catch ‘Em All!”

I apologize for being Captain Grumble Butt with the Tin Foil Hat, but this is everything that’s wrong with Western society. I think people are stressed out enough as is. It is exactly why many folks play a game like The Sims. To wind down. To decompress. To not have to deal with the constant pressure and the in-game shopping carts, telling you what’s what. What choice do we have when they’re cornering us like this? This feature will add unnecessary stress masked as “fun”. It’s not fun. It’s not healthy. It’s exhausting and will make us mentally unstable as soon as we give in to this nonsense. I say “we” but I’ll be ok. Done ranting.

I agree with everything you said. An hour ago I wrote a similar post in the german forums. As much I appreciate free stuff, I know that this is not good for my health. This is why I don't play free mobile games, because it causes anxiety for me. It is addicting and unhealthy to always have a stupid game on mind and feel the urge to log in, even if one has other plans or is not in the mood for the game. And what if one is on vacation or can't access the computer?

No, just no! I don't like this direction the game is taking at all. I don't want to feel forced to log in. This game was always my comfort zone where there is no pressure and time kind of stands still. But this new thing gets me stressed out before it actually started.

Please stop messing with this game so much! You can do all kind of new things and changes to the Sims 5, but please let the Sims 4 be the game I originally purchased.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 810 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

I don't think it's out yet. This has just been datamined so far.

I'll try not to worry, but I am feeling even more worried and discouraged. The past couple days I have opened up to the idea that something good might be about to happen, but I should not have let my guard down. The Sims is just falling apart like everything else in the USA is falling apart. I am an idiot to expect anything different, but sometimes I start to hope that the Sims could be my escape from all the rest of the mess of the world.

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,538 Member
    I’m curious about the DX11 upgrade.

I’m not at all impressed with the time limited rewards feature. It encourages compulsive, addictive behavior, especially in kids that start out playing this game. “It’s all free, it’s free!” or so they say, but in order to get the free stuff you will need to pay the ultimate price: turn into a FOMO zombie. It’s awful. Once you’re a FOMO zombie you just can’t stop. You have to log in and get all that’s on offer, there will be no more playing offline, be online all the time kids, because they want to watch you non-stop, collect the data, that’s more valuable than money, and make sure everyone get’s hooked on something. And they want to keep you hooked and make you weaker and weaker. Eventually you’ll buy everything, even the stuff you’re not really interested in. “Cotta Catch ‘Em All!”

I apologize for being Captain Grumble Butt with the Tin Foil Hat, but this is everything that’s wrong with Western society. I think people are stressed out enough as is. It is exactly why many folks play a game like The Sims. To wind down. To decompress. To not have to deal with the constant pressure and the in-game shopping carts, telling you what’s what. What choice do we have when they’re cornering us like this? This feature will add unnecessary stress masked as “fun”. It’s not fun. It’s not healthy. It’s exhausting and will make us mentally unstable as soon as we give in to this nonsense. I say “we” but I’ll be ok. Done ranting.

Shout it to the heavens! Hear, hear! *Waves tin foil pirate flag*
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,852 Member
    edited May 28
    @simgirl1010 DirectX ever be available on mac platform?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,216 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 DirectX ever be available on mac platform?

Macs don’t use DirectX. They use OpenGL. You don’t have to worry about DirectX at all.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    edited May 29
    I went in the game and looked around. Frame rate was a solid 60 FPS without DX11. But I did notice a moment of lag when I had Cassandra Goth change outfits.

I put in the DX11 code and it looks pretty much the same. I'm not sure what I should be looking for though. Perhaps we will see a difference with future content. The Goth house has some shiny floors and counters, but that's always been the case. So I went to one of my rental lots that don't have so much shiny stuff to see if it looked any different.

It looks the same, my graphics have always looked good, despite being 2K and not 4K.
    I did try going into build mode and putting a decoration on the wall. There was no lag like there usually is when I go back to live mode. It went back to a smooth frame rate. But this just a few minutes in the game. I will need to do some real play-testing to b sure.

It looks good, it plays smooth.
    I tossed a few CC objects about. No problem with them.

I don't remember having neighborhood stories check on, but it's been a while since I have been in the game.
    I turned it off.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds