Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy at Home Login Event

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,321 Member
    @crocobaura I never played The Sims 3, so no wonder I don't remember it. How did it work then, how has it been used?

You clicked part the object an outfit and than you have a wheel you dragged for the corlor.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 28
    @chacce That would really disappoint me, because I don't have the time to log into my game every day just to get one "new" thing... anyways, I logged into my game half an hour ago and nothing like that popped up for me.

@crocobaura Thank you for the explanation. I guess I don't feel the need for a color wheel but if I remember correctly quite a lot of people would like to have it back, so that would have been a nice free stuff.

@Horrorgirl6 Thank you, too!
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,337 Member
    @chacce That would really disappoint me, because I don't have the time to log into my game every day just to get one "new" thing... anyways, I logged into my game half an hour ago and nothing like that popped up for me.

It looks to be a weekly login rewards event. That's why I edited my post to exclude the word daily. When they introduced the SDX drops. I thought we were going to get frequent content anyway. They have the SDX option checking for new content every 30 minutes. lol
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited May 28
    Uh I don't know about this pals
    why do things have to be timed? limited? exclusive?
    fomo, fomo, more fomo.

I already hated that eps come with time limited content we cannot get again if we missed it
    thats already awful and now this?

I sure as plum hope these will be available again after the event
    for people who were not around at this particular time
    its this type of stuff that ruins my gaming experience all together

its like they're begging me to get sick of the game and stop playing
    cause thats exactly what happens with this type of features
    which is why I am not playing mobile games.

if it was at least a " log in this month" I could try to understand but log in every week?
    as if real life does not exist and get in the way? nope. nope. and also nope.

+ I don't even ask for the items to always be free I get it its a marketing thing of sorts to get people to log in
    I'm just asking that the items stay available for purchase if you missed the time window to get it free
    that way at least you won't miss out on stuff forever if its something you really wanted to have
    no fomo and all that.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    anonymousimmeranonymousimmer Posts: 59 Member
    what is this a mobile game now???
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    It just occurred to me... this must be for a limited number of weeks, right? They won't give out free stuff forever just to keep us logging in, will they? I hope not.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,569 Member
    edited May 28
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    It just occurred to me... this must be for a limited number of weeks, right? They won't give out free stuff forever just to keep us logging in, will they? I hope not.

It's for something like 34 days / 5 weeks. At least what they announced so far, maybe they will extend it after that, who knows. See spoiler pictures below.
    English screen for login event.
    Screenshot-20240528-134820-2.png
    Screenshot-20240528-135214-2.png
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 462 Member
    So this makes sense why there was a pop up about free stuff "in 2 weeks" as it's time sensitive.

My issue is, as an adult, with a job, and with summer vacation time booked already, how do I got this into my schedule to fullfil my completionist desires? Yes, I sure do want that new CAS trait. Yup, I definitely wait some new hair. You betcha, I want a smaller bar counter. But I also have plans. Like camping, in tents in the woods, and taking my family on road trips.

I bought Batuu because I'm so much of a completionist. This is going to be way too addictive for me.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    With events like this, I do not understand why it needs to take place *outside* the game? I would like it more if it was my sims that could find these award items in game. A pop-up kiosk or sales table could offer a unique item to sims. Or there could even be some advertisement on TV for my sim to watch and get instructions. Or there could be a time limited chess contest where a sim would need to win to grab the award item. But no... it's al about logging into the game (or maybe just into the EA app?) and le4ss about simming...

I normally play offline, so I will probably miss most of these. In 4 weeks I'll leave town and game anyway. Would it not be better running this in Winter?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,448 Member
    @Simmingal wrote: »

Why ? To keep the players engage in the game and boost the stats of "active" players.

I feel like a sim controlled by EA ... "Do this and now do that"
  • Options
    HyawehHyaweh Posts: 41 Member
    So it's confirmed it's really this ? It's not juste another thing ? because if it's that, I'm very disappointed. First of all, I don't think it's "that" fun. I'm playing Valorant. I connect often to see the shop and I leave the game. That's what people will do. Connect, take the reward and leave. And what we see as reward isn't really new or amazing enough to think we ABSOLUTELY need to connect.

Honestly if the new part means new way to force people to come online it's really not what we want. We want NEW as news gameplay. Because we do love playing the game. Not just connecting.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,359 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @Hearts4u Wow this reminded me about the HMS Amore from The Sims 2 (PS2). A yatch lot where a group of sims live with different romantic (and scandalous) aspirations. And it's where we meet the heart-shaped bed, Love Tub and other heart-shaped objects.

Although I never played TS2, a yatch lot type and/or cruising on a yacht could be very romantic.

It would also be nice if two Sims can do more things together, like riding in a sail boat.

I wish they had boats and yatchs in 4 like they do in 3. You can live on the boat, fish off the boat, steer it to any location and hang for as long as you want. There's room for romance too. :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,063 Member
    edited May 28
    Aottccs.png

It's so frustrating that I can never have any faith in EA. Instead of improving a very flawed and shallow basegame, they're trying to get us to artificially inflate their active player numbers for investors with FOMO mobile app tips. Largely with stuff the game desperately needs (new traits), or stuff that's previously been exclusive to other packs (vending machines, dartboard.) Instead of getting a good-sized free update, they're making us take time and work (not hard, but still) for little portions every day. Daily logins has zero benefits to the player over one free update. Absolutely zero.

Maybe they're trying to force players to log on so they can see the ever-growing amount of ads?

This franchise is getting worse and worse. The shopping cart, packs that are broken on release, ads in the game, and ads even before you get to play the game. The game is falling apart, and they made a big deal about having a special team to work on bugs, as if this wasn't something we should have had years ago. The daily login stuff isn't a big deal, but it's yet another anti-player tactic thrown upon us.

And you know what the worst thing is? It's going to work. People are going to log in to get the stuff. I'm going to log in to get the stuff. And that's just going to encourage EA to keep doing this. If not with Sims 4, then with Project Rene.

EDIT: On the plus side, they'll probably throw these items into a free update in a year from now, when they want to shut us up after another controversy. It'd be a nice break from taking assets from paid DLC.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    edited May 28
    I'm not disappointed because I was expecting something like this.

It reminded me the BIG announcement of Dec. 2019 ... which was Gallery for console.

• Options
    edited May 28

Why ? To keep the players engage in the game and boost the stats of "active" players.

All I can say is that it will have opposite effect in long run
    stage 1: people see shiny new thing people log in to get it

stage 2: people log in everyday because fomo

stage 3: people log in only for the items but don't proceed to play

stage 4: people re evaluate if they should keep trying to get these items by playing everyday in fomo or have a life

stage 5: most people choose life and rest of us (including gremlin like me) keep logging in, mind you these people probably were logging in at least 2 times a week before any limited item was thing anyway and actually playing for hours

stage 6: people who kept logging in are burnt out on the game they used to love for having to check on it constantly, people who chose life do not care to log in any more than they used to before limited content

stage 7:
    community outrage
    everyone misses out on stuff all the same and is upset about not getting item they really wanted making them dislike the game itself

burnt out players probably stopped playing and are just logging in and out

those who did not burn out by this point probably do not care about new content enough to boost log in numbers

company makes items that pretty much no one gets to use and they can't sell because it was "limited" devs don't feel excited to make stuff no one appreciates

stage 8: No one is really into game anymore and games sales drop cause people don't want to buy meh things for thing they're meh about

stage 9: probably Simmingal eating noodles sadly and trying to build that build she started in 2019 pretending everything is okay even though no one cares anymore

stage 10: Grim Reaper arrives and Simmingal might finally rest in peace

Will it go like this?
    I don't know but I've seen this with so many popular mobile games that shall not be named which are now pretty much dead and buried deep underground all because of "fun limited item" and I cannot see what part of this is good business idea
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,063 Member
    edited May 28
    Apparently you can get the new items in your game now, thanks to a glitch.

EDIT: Tested it out, it works. Also, people are uploading the items onto the Gallery
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    edited May 28
    @Simmingal

Keep in mind there are different profiles of players.

This feature probably target the players who are looking for daily challenges.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,962 Member
    Unlock features through FOMO... Oh... I don't like it.

I would much rather prefer if through gameplay we could unlock these things for the game for every save, but nope...

I'm guessing I have free time, but still... I'm not on board with it, Maxis. I'm not on board.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    edited May 28
    Lol! I wonder what they'll do about that!

I'd love to check this in my own game, but I'll still err on the safe side and not update until my main mods are cleared... and I'm reasonably sure the patch didn't introduce any new bugs that would annoy me more than the old ones.

ETA: I went to watch Pixelade's new video about these rewards, and it turns out that a modder (Simsiboy) has already unlocked them! Downloaded. 😁
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited May 28
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    they are going to add new rewards daily.Not sure it's its unlocked by playing an reward event or just logging in.

I wonder how often you have to log in, a few days a week so does that have to be three times during different days during a week to get the three rewards? In the leaked picture only one reward is unlocked for the same week while the two other rewards for the same week are locked.

This will probably get people to log in, but it all feels so corporate. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this. A 10 year old game with a battle pass.

What's next? The Sims 4 Battle Royale? Where are we dropping simmers?

*jumps out of a flying bus
    oh wait, no, there are no buses in the sims4.
  • Options
    @Simmingal

Keep in mind there are different profiles of players.

This feature probably target the players who are looking for daily challenges.

maybe but it should not punish players that are not looking for daily challenges

I've just seen this dystopia too many times to not worry at slightest hint of it
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited May 28
    I am not sure how I feel about the timed rewards. I used to play The Sims Mobile and it this kinda matches that vibe.

Besides I am not online enough to take advantage of the event. I work and have plans.
    Plus the EA App doesn’t always let me go online anymore even if I wanted to. So I’m just not going to worry.
    Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,243 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

All I can say is that it will have opposite effect in long run

Will it go like this?
    I don't know but I've seen this with so many popular mobile games that shall not be named which are now pretty much dead and buried deep underground all because of "fun limited item" and I cannot see what part of this is good business idea

One of the reasons they put enticements into mobile games is that mobile games have a limited lifespan anyway. People get bored with them quickly, so it's important to get as many people involved early on as possible to maximize profits before the inevitable loss of interest inherent in that type of game happens.

In The Sims, they handle the inevitable loss of interest by adding in DLCs. The "limited-time" items just boost the interest in the short run, as a way of making it until the next DLC comes out. I doubt that having those little boosters will have the kind of negative timeline you outlined in your spoiler. It will just encourage the people who don't drop in as often to drop in a bit more, but leave the people who are the regular player base intact. (I hope you don't really mean to call the regular player base "gremlins." That sounds more derogatory than necessary.)