Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch May 28

Comments

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I wanted round pools. Or Cars, though we all know if they add them they’ll likely come in an EP.
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    If the timed events is the surprise, why did they need to hype it up...once again...nothing new :(

Me too! Round pools would be lovely. Not sure why they haven't done those yet. Cars will definitely be associated with a new EP one way or another, maybe the base game update would include a basic car variant and the EP will have all the interesting gameplay associated with it, and maybe more new transportation vehicles.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    It may not be 'live' yet. The info was found in the patch code.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member
    I wonder why the patch notes are taking this long though...I want to read them as I am curious what got changed/fixed/what was said etc...
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 248 Member
    Is anyone having problems with the EA App? Library isn't loading for me, so now patch update. I tried everything (cache deletion, app reinstall, killing of background processes). Makes me super angry again... I just want to check whether my mods need updates and now I can't even do that... :(
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,569 Member
    It may not be 'live' yet. The info was found in the patch code.

I think it should be live because the picture below says next event reward will be available on 29 May.

English screen for login event.

Screenshot-20240528-134820-2.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I've just downloaded the new update & currently doing a repair before I go into my Sims 4.
  • Options
    @crocobaura thanks for pointing that out.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,147 Member
    Are there any reported mod casualties yet?
  • Options
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,111 Member
    Anyone who knows how badly the dx11 might affect mods and cc? I have a lot of older cc - would I be able to keep those? I'm guessing newer mods and CC will just be updated, but I am worried about the older ones. Any input from those who knows more than me would be appreciated.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,239 Member
    I am so happy to have the gallery back properly. <3 Only thing is I had to re-add some I followed previously to it breaking but so far no "anonymous" friends. :-) Well except for one who seems to use that title.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 462 Member
    So there's 5 weeks of logging in for daily rewards? Oh jeepers. Do I take my laptop to the campground with me this summer? (I'm in a tent, not an RV).
  • Options
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    Anyone who knows how badly the dx11 might affect mods and cc? I have a lot of older cc - would I be able to keep those? I'm guessing newer mods and CC will just be updated, but I am worried about the older ones. Any input from those who knows more than me would be appreciated.

For now, it's opt-in to use it. And the patch notes say this:
    While DirectX 11 is available for those Simmers who want to try it, you may experience visual issues with mods so we recommend disabling all mods while using this command line argument.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    A directX11 mode? Sweet!
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,147 Member
    Am i expected to see any difference in performance with DX11?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    English screen for login event.
    Screenshot-20240528-134820-2.png
    Screenshot-20240528-135214-2.png

So you get rewards for just logging in? This is like a season pass except you only need to log in.

Although given how often I prefer to stay in offline so I don't have to update my mods this might be more challenging than it sounds.

I guess I could always download sims4 on my laptop and get the rewards that way if I don't want to update.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    edited May 28
    @EA_Cade (or anyone else who knows) For the DX11, should we disable mods just for the setup or is it likely that mods may effect it's performance in general? If it's the latter, what kind of mods are most likely to be an issue?
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    If this was the hype it is definitely an anti climax.

Only if you bought into the hype. 😉

The only reward that somewhat interests me is the CAS trait. The rest... I guess they're OK, but I won't stress if I miss one. I suppose the one-tile bar would be nice to have, but I don't really like that particular bg bar design to begin with, so I'm not sure I'd even use it.

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,538 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I don't know what to say about using fomo to force us to log in more. First a shopping cart and now this. Sims 4 is starting to feel like a cheap mobile game more and more. I used to prefer sims 4 over cheap mobile games exactly because I can't stand the pressure to log in based on days in real life. It gives an anxiety which is unhealthy for me.

Please sims team, allow us to enjoy the game at our own pace. I can't log in multiple times a week due to real life situations. I guess I will miss out on a lot of items that will probably be a once and then never again kind of thing.

If this was the hype it is definitely an anti climax.

I agree. While it's nice to be offered "free stuff", it seems like a bribery to try to keep people playing so the quotas are met. It's also possibly going to agitate mod users and creators, who often don't play until mods are updated, and mod creators shouldn't have to feel pressured because of time-limited rewards.

And yes, this is VERY "mobile game". I couldn't stand the Sims Mobile, uninstalled after trying to play it twice. :/
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    Not a fan of the daily rewards shenanigans, but free stuff is free stuff, I suppose. Definitely feels very mobile-y, though.

Mostly looking forward to the new trait, the one tile bar, and kind of the new hair? Although it doesn't impress me that much from the preview from what I can see.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    So I just had a sim age up to teen and he got an option for a trait - Practice Makes Perfect - is that new?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,216 Member
    edited May 28
    Nevermind. I found the answer to my question. 😁