Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy at Home Login Event

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,853 Member
    I really think ceiling texture for underside of roofs for are a well needed free update, as well as plaster popcorn ceilings tiles. More ceiling tiles.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,321 Member
    I have a fun theory since it had freezer bunny .There adding a new pet for the game.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,152 Member
    Here is a speculation. Is it new in the Sims 4 or something new that we havent seen in any of the previous games in the series of sims.
  • Options
    KkbubblesKkbubbles Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok but is some of the free stuff they give us really free? Like the "free" packs they give us. I downloaded both the luxury party stuff pack and the fashion street kit when they were both offered by EA for free. I was playing the sims 4 perfectly fine yesterday with both of these packs installed. Today I open my game and it says I no longer own these packs. It also says I have to buy them otherwise all my saves could become corrupt. There is not an option to download them again unless I purchase them. Why is this happening? Was it only a trial where they only let people have the packs for a limited amount of time as "free" and now we have to pay for them???
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,465 EA Community Manager
    Kkbubbles wrote: »
    Ok but is some of the free stuff they give us really free? Like the "free" packs they give us. I downloaded both the luxury party stuff pack and the fashion street kit when they were both offered by EA for free. I was playing the sims 4 perfectly fine yesterday with both of these packs installed. Today I open my game and it says I no longer own these packs. It also says I have to buy them otherwise all my saves could become corrupt. There is not an option to download them again unless I purchase them. Why is this happening? Was it only a trial where they only let people have the packs for a limited amount of time as "free" and now we have to pay for them???

This is being investigated here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    cutesyjenncutesyjenn Posts: 17 Member
    I hope there are more hairstyles and some cool clothes or decor! I am playing vanilla and while it’s still amazing and fun, new things are always great!
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 434 Member
    In my opinion, the producers are making too much hype, so I doubt it will be simple things like clothes, hair, objects or related things. It's probably something that adds more gameplay. It's a new feature.

In an ideal world, it would be cars. Because Cars is one of the TOP most anticipated updates since 2014. However, I think an update like this is dreaming too much.

It could be something about the toddlers, because there have been recent leaks that indicate new gameplay elements for them, like tablets and pacifiers.

Could it be something about pools? Yes.
    ----
    For me, it doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it's something the community has been asking for, and it really adds to the game. <3
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    What I'm hoping it is. One or more of these.

Pool Update with slides,basketball,pool shapes,pool steps,bars,donut and flamingo floats etc.

A New Blank World with 15 to 20 empty lots and 4 or more big lots like 64x64 and 50x50.

The Vibrating Heart Bed and Heart Hottub. These don't have to be locked to a Romance Expansion. They could come in a free update to the base game but I would hope they have gameplay.

• Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 200 Member
    I am longing for multi-propose lots, that would be a 10/10 free update, wouldn't it? But I doubt we'll be getting something big like that.
  • Options
    Scotsgirl13Scotsgirl13 Posts: 10 New Member
    I will say, as I downloaded the TSM on my android 2 days ago, I miss the old hacks because I want to get a house that includes the camera that is needed for photography career but I have no idea if that will work and it's hard to spend real $8.99 on it, like come on EA 🥺 pretty pretty please... I'm just a broke girl wanting to get the career she would love (as its my real goal in life as well). *sigh* such is life lol
    If anyone is looking for a new friend 66JKUR7
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 27
    I'm confused...is the free stuff coming tomorrow or next week?

I thought it would come this week (tomorrow?), because this thread was opened May 16th, and the popup then said 2 weeks, so this week would be 2 weeks later.

But I just saw a video from Fantaziya, and she stated that the free stuff is coming next week.

What do you think, will the free stuff drop with the patch tomorrow or sometime next week seperately?
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    This week I believe either tomorrow or Thursday I remember talking about this a day after the roadmap dropped.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    edited May 27
    The original tweet was posted on Thursday, May 16. Two weeks from the 16th would be Thursday, May 30.
    u7UHBAr.png

Although supposedly the kits are being released on Thursday so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,321 Member
    The original tweet was posted on Thursday, May 16. Two weeks from the 16th would be Thursday, May 30.
    u7UHBAr.png

Although supposedly the kits are being released on Thursday so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Maybe it's preteens
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 462 Member
    Ok, here's my best guess. I remember them testing out stuff for another round of Sim Sessions. Remember a few summers ago with Bebe Rexa and a few other bands? I remember a promo saying they were testing for a second round.

So I officially think it's a new Sim Sessions music fest, and maybe maybe maybe with some musical instruments, or build buy unlockables if you attend the concerts.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    Could we be getting a color wheel? 🤔
    He said it wasn't a hint.

Screenshot-20240528-115416-2.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,216 Member
    I’ve missed the color wheel. I would be so happy if that’s part of today’s update. 😍
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member

Omg that would be perfect but I am not going to hold my breath for that just yet, but we will see very soon...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    u7UHBAr.png

I thought today cause of the patch.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,569 Member

Soggy skittles for breakfast and no coffee? :lol:
  • Options
    Does anybody know when we may count with new infos on the free stuff?

So there's rumor about it being a color wheel? How would that work? I only played The Sims 2 some time ago, but I don't remember if we had a color wheel back then.
  • Options

So there's rumor about it being a color wheel? How would that work? I only played The Sims 2 some time ago, but I don't remember if we had a color wheel back then.

There was no colour wheel in TS2, we had it in TS3.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited May 28

I believe the free content is login rewards. They added an event rewards filter to the build mode.
  • Options
    @crocobaura I never played The Sims 3, so no wonder I don't remember it. How did it work then, how has it been used?
  • Options
    @crocobaura I never played The Sims 3, so no wonder I don't remember it. How did it work then, how has it been used?

It was a colour wheel and you selected a colour of your liking and could change the colour of patterns to your chosen colour. There was also the option to apply a new pattern. It was very demanding on computer resources and everyone tended to colour everything matchy matchy. It was great if you wanted to colour furniture to all have the same wood colour and texture or if you wanted to recolour something relatively easily and quickly without learning to create cc. The drawback was it was very demanding on resources and you could not have different swatches on a mesh, just one swatch and then if you wanted you could change its colours.