Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[solved] How to kill a baby?

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
I want to control my game, and I do not want any 70 years old woman to surprise me with a newborn baby! Story progression is turned off, but then there must have been one of these annoying phones when someone asks your advice whether they should have a baby or not (is there a mod to turn this thing 100% off?). I always answer NO!, but now I wonder if that answer will only reduce the chance that they get a random baby, and that the game will throw the dice anyway.

Well, when this happens I need to visit the home to grow up the baby and then go to CAS to have it deleted. It typically turns out to 30 wasted RL simming minutes. But this time, when wanting to age up the baby that option is greyed out "not eligible to age up". How on earth can I get away with this random baby? And do anyone know how long it takes until that option is no longer greyed out?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited May 26
    Go to Manage Households, move any unwanted babies in with a disposable randomly created townie and then delete that household. That’s what I did whenever my game got infected with the baby plague through MCCC.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 187 Member
    @Simmerville I don't know how to delete the baby, but I'm pretty sure you can get rid of the calls with bienchens mod called "neighborhoodstories". :) Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you both! :)

I'll check out that mod for sure!
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 187 Member
    @Simmerville You also may want to check out the callandvisittweak by bienchen https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=6

Now that I think about it, I don't know exactly which of those two mods take care of the baby calls. But they sure work, because I never get those calls anymore. :)
  • Options
    BoergeOf61BoergeOf61 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Simmerville said:
    > I want to control my game, and I do not want any 70 years old woman to surprise me with a newborn baby! Story progression is turned off, but then there must have been one of these annoying phones when someone asks your advice whether they should have a baby or not (is there a mod to turn this thing 100% off?). I always answer NO!, but now I wonder if that answer will only reduce the chance that they get a random baby, and that the game will throw the dice anyway.
    >
    > Well, when this happens I need to visit the home to grow up the baby and then go to CAS to have it deleted. It typically turns out to 30 wasted RL simming minutes. But this time, when wanting to age up the baby that option is greyed out "not eligible to age up". How on earth can I get away with this random baby? And do anyone know how long it takes until that option is no longer greyed out?

First, I had a lesbian couple who had a baby.
    One option might be moving the baby from World Screen to another household or move a young adult into the household to take care of the baby.
    I had a kind of trouble with the nanny option, too, though. In one household, I moved a female young adult in to take care of the baby. Then I moved a male young adult in to take care of the female young adult. :)
  • Options
    BoergeOf61 wrote: »
    > @Simmerville said:
    > I want to control my game, and I do not want any 70 years old woman to surprise me with a newborn baby! Story progression is turned off, but then there must have been one of these annoying phones when someone asks your advice whether they should have a baby or not (is there a mod to turn this thing 100% off?). I always answer NO!, but now I wonder if that answer will only reduce the chance that they get a random baby, and that the game will throw the dice anyway.
    >
    > Well, when this happens I need to visit the home to grow up the baby and then go to CAS to have it deleted. It typically turns out to 30 wasted RL simming minutes. But this time, when wanting to age up the baby that option is greyed out "not eligible to age up". How on earth can I get away with this random baby? And do anyone know how long it takes until that option is no longer greyed out?

First, I had a lesbian couple who had a baby.
    One option might be moving the baby from World Screen to another household or move a young adult into the household to take care of the baby.
    I had a kind of trouble with the nanny option, too, though. In one household, I moved a female young adult in to take care of the baby. Then I moved a male young adult in to take care of the female young adult. :)

Well, in this case I don't want the baby to exist. The mother turns 70 next year, she having a 4th baby this late in life is totally insane.

I moved the baby in with a single townie and deleted their household. fixed :) The birth is still in the old mom's milestones, but i never look at those anyway.
  • Options
    BoergeOf61BoergeOf61 Posts: 5 New Member
    Ok. In my game, Leila Illes and Oliana Ngata had a baby boy called Lars Illes.

https://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/19/96/10/85/26_05_16.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    No, No, No, that's so wrong.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 196 Member
    My Bella Goth had the same experience when she turned elder.
    I usually turned the entire household as "unplayed" when I'm playing other household. One day, my sim received a call from old Bella. She was asking if she should have a baby.
    After some days (in reality), I found Bella was holding a newborn. Not possible! Mortimer already died in my save! I checked with the newborn's family tree, and found out the father was Jacque Villareal (the one with disappeared wife).
    At that time, the science baby method hasn't been released, and my Bella didn't meet Jacque in her entire life - I don't know why and how that newborn was existed. Therefore I deleted her in "Manage the Sims", with some other unwanted newborns and system generated sims.

By the way, I didn't delete all unexpected babies. I kept Victor & Lily Feng's baby girl, Dominic & Moira Fyres' 3rd daughter, Eric Lewis and Alice Spencer-Kim's 2nd daughter and Sergio Romeo's grandson (he already has a granddaughter).
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member

Could there be a title more cruel than this one?! :D

For anyone who doesn't want to delete the poor unwanted MCCC babies ( note that I've tried to keep them at a minimum, but somehow it fails to work; babies WILL boom), here's a fun thing I've been doing, although it requires For Rent:

I built an asylum for lost children in San Myshuno. Now everytime there's some kind of babycalypse, I create a household with one or two carers and add all the "accidental" babies to that household. That's six households with a lot of babies I don't have to worry about, but they're still part of the world. They're the wanted, unwanted babies, if you will.
    Some of them I age up, some shall remain little objects. They have plenty of shared spaces as well, with rec rooms and libraries, a huge kitchen and diner and yes, there's even a crypt for the teething teens.

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,284 Member
    edited May 27

For anyone who doesn't want to delete the poor unwanted MCCC babies ( note that I've tried to keep them at a minimum, but somehow it fails to work; babies WILL boom)

I strongly believe there is a setting buried in somewhere you have missed by accident, as I have not had MCCC oops babies to townies for years. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 271 Member
    Age the baby up to newborn stage, then go into manage household and delete the newborn. Babies are objects and can't really be deleted. Only way to remove that one particular sim baby from a family tree is to do this step.
  • Options
    For the record, I don't have MCCC, and story prog. is set to off. So those unwanted births must be caused by the phone calls. And, in the past I did not get rid of all those shock bundles; a Duchess was allowed to keep her random phone baby although she and the duke already had 4 sons and no need for more. She was a few years away from elder though, which also made it different. Besides I noticed it while she was still pregnant, so I forced myself to accept it as a part of their story. It turned out to be a boy, and I feel a bit sorry for him - being the 5th son means there won't be much for him to inherit, most likely he will become a servant to other Houses, or he will be sent to the Monastery...
  • Options

For anyone who doesn't want to delete the poor unwanted MCCC babies ( note that I've tried to keep them at a minimum, but somehow it fails to work; babies WILL boom)

I strongly believe there is a setting buried in somewhere you have missed by accident, as I have not had MCCC oops babies to townies for years. :)

Haha, thanks! I'm not at all surprised I overlooked something very important, as per usual. Story of my life. 😅

I'm going to dive right back into those settings to try and stop the baby invasion. From now on, the creation of accidental bundles of woe will be entirely up to me, but I must never forget what my great late uncle once said to me: "Captain my boy, with great power comes great responsibility!" 🫡
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,284 Member
    I must never forget what my great late uncle once said to me: "Captain my boy, with great power comes great responsibility!" 🫡

Oh, is that so, Peter? :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    Could there be a title more cruel than this one?! :D

For anyone who doesn't want to delete the poor unwanted MCCC babies ( note that I've tried to keep them at a minimum, but somehow it fails to work; babies WILL boom), here's a fun thing I've been doing, although it requires For Rent:

I built an asylum for lost children in San Myshuno. Now everytime there's some kind of babycalypse, I create a household with one or two carers and add all the "accidental" babies to that household. That's six households with a lot of babies I don't have to worry about, but they're still part of the world. They're the wanted, unwanted babies, if you will.
    Some of them I age up, some shall remain little objects. They have plenty of shared spaces as well, with rec rooms and libraries, a huge kitchen and diner and yes, there's even a crypt for the teething teens.
    Can I have very spooky and long story about Babycalypse? 👀🍿
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    I must never forget what my great late uncle once said to me: "Captain my boy, with great power comes great responsibility!" 🫡

Oh, is that so, Peter? :p

Peter? My name is Parker. Parker Peterson.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Can I have very spooky and long story about Babycalypse? 👀🍿

Be careful what you wish for... >:)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    Thank you both! :)

I'll check out that mod for sure!

I'm still trying to sort out how a 70-year-old Sim can even get preggers? Science baby? Yikes. If you use MCCC, you can flag all the Sims you don't wish to have babies. Works like a champ.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    WhubbleWhubble Posts: 72 Member
    I use MC Command Center. Not only to control the population but to change the aging and a lot of other things that I can't otherwise change.
    The Sims is not a game; it's a lifestyle choice.
    My Plumbbob is green today :D
  • Options
    The elderly females are not to blame in my case, the silly phone calls asking for "woohoo advise" are.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 900 Member
    I tend to ignore babies being born from townies/npcs, because I don't play them.
    However, if an elder Sim got pregnant, it would be depend on population at the time, and what I would want to do with it.
    if I didn't want the Elder to have a baby, I wouldn't delete the baby, but maybe send it to a younger relative to take care of. If the baby didn't fit the story I wanted to make with the current family, I would send the baby to be raised by a family friend, or close or distant relative.
    As for population control, I tend to make my own families, and any extra babies means more options for my in-game born Sims to marry later in life. However, if the population is getting too much, or culled, my plan is to reduce the next generation to heirs for my families. Also, ignore the townies when they want a kid.