Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In Favor Of Flavor! Text, that is.

I just wanted to give a shout out to the EA/Maxis team that writes the flavor text for things. From Worlds to Families to Lots to Build/Buy!

I really, really get a kick out of reading the flavor text for things. Usually the flavor text is well written. Sure, there's a few cases where they dropped the ball. But all in all, the descriptions are awesome.

Thank you, to whomever writes flavor text for the Sims games!

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,465 EA Community Manager
    It really is the little things, isn't it?

Thank you, @Serendipity38. I'll be sure to pass this to the team :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,538 Member
    This is true, the writing is always fun to read, and it's a lot of writing! So that's a required mountain of endless ideas put on the writing team - no pressure, right? I also like the funny patch notes. I know some people get upset by them, but I think it's a creative way to make reading bug fixes fun. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 802 Member
    Good player stories are built from a solid foundation of background colour. The team has done a good job with this. 👍👍
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited May 22
    Yeah I love it whenever I see fun object text I can use as inspiration for my builds :blush:

and sometimes I'm almost sad I missed discovering silly bug before it was fixed when I read patch notes cause some of them would make fun stories :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cutesyjenncutesyjenn Posts: 17 Member
    > @Simmingal said:
    > and sometimes I'm almost sad I missed discovering silly bug before it was fixed when I read patch notes cause some of them would make fun stories :lol:

It’s nice when gamers don’t get angry about bugs! Games are my life but at the same time life is much more than games, and I would rather laugh at a bug or just not worry about it than get upset about it.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 187 Member
    I always LOVE to read patch notes, not just because of the bug fixes. No, most of the time they are hilarious :smiley: Very entertaining to read. Whoever makes these up is so creative.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    This is true, the writing is always fun to read, and it's a lot of writing! So that's a required mountain of endless ideas put on the writing team - no pressure, right? I also like the funny patch notes. I know some people get upset by them, but I think it's a creative way to make reading bug fixes fun. :)

I find the way the notes are written fun. Such data can be boring as all get out. Writing a tongue-in-cheek update makes it really easy to get through and informative. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/