Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Leak -Pool Build and French Bistro build kit

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,448 Member
    After Luxury Party part 2 : Party Essentials, now this pool kit reminds me Perfect Patio.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,533 Member
    After Luxury Party part 2 : Party Essentials, now this pool kit reminds me Perfect Patio.

I wish it would come out this week cause I need those pool waterfalls but I don't think the Kits will release till June.
  • Options
    I hope the rock has a waterfall on it and we don't have to create it out of buy debug.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,852 Member
    I hope the rock has a waterfall on it and we don't have to create it out of buy debug.

I agree @catloverplayer I had need for a waterfall in a build before but just gave up because I dont want to look through an endless unorganized catalog of things, that I am not as a player supposed to use, without cheats. I don't find that fun. Good bless all those builders who can navigate through debug, but even with Better Build Buy, it's just not fun.
    I mean they better be waterfalls because who wants more rocks?
    Three different catalog slots it takes up too.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited May 21
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    It's nice to get some build options for pools, but we would have needed a pack with functional stuff that probably won't come now.

My daughter said she heard something about a flirty expansion pack. Maybe we will get hotels and slides with it! She also said that the person was talking about it maybe being Brazilian inspired.

Hmm, where do you see the connection between flirting, hotels and pool slides 🤔? And if there is a connection, there could also be fairies, living in cars behind the hotel ... 🚗🏩

Flirting leads to a weekend stay in a luxurious hotel equipped with a fabulous pool.

And some interludes of WooHooing.

• Options
    edited May 22
    Delete* posted to wrong thread*
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    Well I changed my mind.

With a context, these 2 kits look very good. Good job 👍 !
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,569 Member
    There's some new leaks about the kits. I think the rock waterfalls look lovely. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a7EcTgvqdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ85PBAb8-E
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 462 Member
    Ok, I'll use the pool kit. The bistro kit door gives me Mr. Hooper from Sesame street vibes, so maybe if I build sesame street.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I'm a bit happy for these kits, they so give me historical vibes. ;) I really love the new pool rock fountains, the beautiful brass canopy, the new candle wall lights, the new curtains, the pretty Roaring 1920s pictures, the very lovely glass decor things & a new round table cloth dining table. I'm so historical geeked out. <3:pB)
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    There's some new leaks about the kits. I think the rock waterfalls look lovely. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a7EcTgvqdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ85PBAb8-E

OMG😮 Love, love, love everything❤️
    @SERVERFRA I'm geek'd out to on historical antique stuff😍

I feel like the next expansion with a Paris like world and Hotels is hinted at, if these packs have any relation- I and I really hope so🤞🏼

Regarding reasonable critique from Satchonsims:
    to give some credit to the Sims team, I have been to French bistro restaurants in NYC that look exactly like this screenshot. Also Willow Creek is based on New Orleans, and this could exist the French Quarter , or that main street area in game. Dine out is one of my favorite and I hope like Pixelade says there give a fixed refresh, for use.

The French Rivera kit demands need of hotel to be best used. Rustic look is definitely Tartosa. I have all the worlds, but I see if they ask you to want to get this world to match the kit. I think it may be more to get the new pack , given it's Paris-like.
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 423 Member
    I'm interested to know if the pool kit (Riviera Retreat Kit) will unlock pool floats for those who don't have Island Living or For Rent.
  • Options
    I'm interested to know if the pool kit (Riviera Retreat Kit) will unlock pool floats for those who don't have Island Living or For Rent.

It should @angelchrome
    Iron seagull pointed that out -timestamp 4:16
    https://youtu.be/e0V2V8Xn1bE?si=e2ETOxsCXdJ4lHxJ
    The Modern Luxe kit unlocked the vanity table for those who do not have Vintage Glamour. I think Little Campers kit unlocked a fit pit.
  • Options

Not sure but I thought pool floats had already come to the base game in an update.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    I hope the pool kit changes the coding of lounge chairs so that NPC Sims will use them on any lot type. ATM they are pretty useless if you don't have Island Living/beaches.
  • Options
    edited May 23
    Waiting on The Sims to Officially Announce Today.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

It should @angelchrome
    Iron seagull pointed that out -timestamp 4:16
    https://youtu.be/e0V2V8Xn1bE?si=e2ETOxsCXdJ4lHxJ
    The Modern Luxe kit unlocked the vanity table for those who do not have Vintage Glamour. I think Little Campers kit unlocked a fit pit.

I think having the functionality of these small items in more than one DLC is a good thing.
    Th pool kit also comes with a firepit as well so it will 'unlock' pool floaties and firepits. Just like little campers kit unlocked more than one item (firepits, swings and don't-wake-the-llama/yeti game table). At the moment the firepit in little campers (and horse ranch) only allow marshmallow to be roasted without outdoor retreat. Roasting hot dogs becomes available on all firepits from different packs if you also own outdoor retreat.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    The themes of the kits and the hints we've seen of the theme of the romance pack seem suspiciously similar. I have a bad feeling that these kits will turn out to be DLC for the new expansion. I really hope that's not the case, especially given that there has been so much debate as to whether the last few expansions even had enough content to justify being EPs, and we'll probably be having that debate again with the next one.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,569 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    The themes of the kits and the hints we've seen of the theme of the romance pack seem suspiciously similar. I have a bad feeling that these kits will turn out to be DLC for the new expansion. I really hope that's not the case, especially given that there has been so much debate as to whether the last few expansions even had enough content to justify being EPs, and we'll probably be having that debate again with the next one.

They said destination kits in the roadmap. Maybe they are not DLC for the new expansion, but work well with it. Maybe it's something to do with dates. Also, noticed in the leaked description for the bistro kit that it said it functioned like a cafe during the day and a bar at night. I wonder if maybe they changed how lots work, to make them more suitable for dates.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 578 Member
    I have to say I'm much more interested in these kits now, having seen the leaked screenshots of the pieces in use, than I was when we just had the list of items. It helps me to see some of the different swatches, and also to see ideas of how the pieces could look in-game. I'm especially liking the Riviera kit and already have some ideas of how I could use it.

I think I saw someone say these were coming out on 30 May. Aren't we due to get the mysterious 'free stuff' about then? If so it'll be quite a busy week - unless the 'free stuff' is these kits :) (I know, nice idea, but no chance!)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Ok, this makes me even more convinced than I already was that the new EP world could be French Riviera-inspired.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    PandoraTO wrote: »

They said destination kits in the roadmap. Maybe they are not DLC for the new expansion, but work well with it. Maybe it's something to do with dates. Also, noticed in the leaked description for the bistro kit that it said it functioned like a cafe during the day and a bar at night. I wonder if maybe they changed how lots work, to make them more suitable for dates.

Cafés come with Get Together, so I wonder if the Kit brings new gameplay.
  • Options
    I hope they add hotels. The building types on the road map point to that. Also a city like world. If this could be the teams answer to making a new expansion pack where a new lot type requires them to also fix the multi residential lot issues, that would be fantastic🙏🤞🏼

If not hotels bed and breakfast inns. I don't think their the same thing.
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 423 Member
    edited May 23
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    It should @angelchrome
    The pool kit also comes with a firepit as well so it will 'unlock' pool floaties and firepits. Just like little campers kit unlocked more than one item (firepits, swings and don't-wake-the-llama/yeti game table). At the moment the firepit in little campers (and horse ranch) only allow marshmallow to be roasted without outdoor retreat. Roasting hot dogs becomes available on all firepits from different packs if you also own outdoor retreat.

Thanks for the information!! Obviously, I need to watch Iron Seagull's video ;)
    Not sure but I thought pool floats had already come to the base game in an update.
    If so, then I missed it :o I've actually never searched for floats to see if a base game version exists...
  • Options
    edited May 23
    The only thing that I would change is the size of the awning.
    Maxis always forget about Seasons EP, the current size doesn't protect the sims against sun, snow or rain.

Corner and Electric awnings would be nice too.

cafe-b10.jpg
    cover-10.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on