Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party Essentials Kit and Urban Homage Kit

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    The hifi shelf with vinyl record player and opera LP boxes is EVERYTHING to me 🥰
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,477 Member
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,853 Member
    edited April 10
    While I would do anything for a disco ball, I was really hoping the celebratory kit was a free kit for the Sims anniversary/birthday. Wishful thinking I guess but not too grand as they have done it before. Leak makes it clear it will not be. The hi fi looks good, but I would have to wait to see.
    The cas kit looks very cool. I love the style and had a top like this she is displaying in the mirror. The quality of the material of these outfits feels really good quality, but I can not entire tell as there are only few items shown. That said, I usually don't buy many cas kits as there are so much cc out there. If I could I would get them all because the kits usually are great quality despite no game play.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,449 Member
    edited April 9
    Essentials ???

Not that much because in my case I never use the Social Event feature, the time goes too quickly I can't enjoy it.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    I honestly did think there was a good chance the party kit might be free because of the anniversary. But am I surprised that it's not? Not really. It looks boring and I already got Luxury Party for free, so it's not a must-have for me. And my husband (the vinyl junkie) will never know that I'm passing on that record player. :D

I can't even say what I think about the name "Urban Homage Kit," especially in the context of that screengrab. I'll leave it to others who have more juice around here than I do, lol.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,321 Member
    The hifi shelf with vinyl record player and opera LP boxes is EVERYTHING to me 🥰

I like the style of the kit and my sims will.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 462 Member
    Party pack is awesome, it's what every bar mitzvah needs! I hope there's blue swatches.

Clothing pack is too similar to Carnaval imo. Other than a tunic shirt on the guys, I'm not seeing anything I'd use. Oh wait, earrings!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,127 Member

I have a house those absolutely belong in. I was aggravated when I was building it that I didn't have anything quite right (I was copying a movie house).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,156 Member
    My honest opinion: I will pass and let my wallet closed. Most clothes are too ugly and they scream and beg for the fashion police. More croptops, this time with jackets cover them, erm ... no thanks. The party kit could have been an update for luxury party stuff pack. I do often throw parties for my sims, because it's the easiest way to level the charisma skill, but I don't see that kit as a "must have" for my parties.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    Hello 1980s Kit. It's so awesome. ;)
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    I agree with most about the clothing it is average at best , The party kit i will probably buy for a few of the items
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I love the clothes, I’m not buying sims games currently but I plan to buy this one once I’m able

But I thought we would be getting old school sims things, like the heart bed or the sim comes out of the cake, I’m disappointed most of it generic party things
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I love the clothes, I’m not buying sims games currently but I plan to buy this one once I’m able

But I thought we would be getting old school sims things, like the heart bed or the sim comes out of the cake, I’m disappointed most of it generic party things

Apparently they're saving the heartbed for a romance pack or a hotels pack.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,569 Member

We don't know that. They already released the broken down version of the bed, maybe that's all they are willing to release.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

We don't know that. They already released the broken down version of the bed, maybe that's all they are willing to release.

I think that was a hint. I think the heartbed is coming especially since cc creators and modders have done it.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,569 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think that was a hint. I think the heartbed is coming especially since cc creators and modders have done it.

I am not too sure about that. Here we are, on almost 10 year anniversary and there are no drivable cars, nor spiral stairs and no pool tables. You would think that with such a large life span of the game they would take a more bold approach to the items they add to the game, but they have been trickling down long asked for items like they are afraid to run out of ideas and stuff to add to the game.