Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trailers Need M/M Relationships Showcased

We've had lots of couples in trailers who are both women in a relationship, but there has only been Brent & Brant as two men in a relationship and that was a long time ago.

I love that non-binary and trans Sims are showcased. I love all the women of color showcased in trailers. But we're seriously lacking in m/m relationships.

I think we need to petition that no matter what the next trailer is, EP, GP, SP, we should have some dudes in love in it.

Hat tip to the Negative Crystal Creations thread - I never read negative threads lists but this criticism is important.

Comments

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 462 Member
    Maybe Sidney from High School Years as a bi man counts - but I can't remember what that trailer showed.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 582 Member
    The trailer shows Sydney asking Liam out to the prom. The Growing Together trailer showed an M/M couple where one of them lost his job.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,419 Member
    Henford on Bagley (Cottage Living) has Ian and Derek Mcmillan. But I don't remember if they were in the trailer or not.

But I would definitely like to see some more MM couples in futures trailers as well.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited February 22
    How about trailer where main character is just aroace legend surrounded by sim couples of all types as side characters to the trailer or did we have one already?

If we didn't I'm requesting one
    even better if its male sim
    Non Lothario if you may
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 189 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    The trailer shows Sydney asking Liam out to the prom. The Growing Together trailer showed an M/M couple where one of them lost his job.

No, that's Sebastian, Celeste's father, and Sebastian Sr., Celeste's grandfather...
  • Options
    And there is a M/M couple showing in the DHD boxart
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 462 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    How about trailer where main character is just aroace legend surrounded by sim couples of all types as side characters to the trailer or did we have one already?

If we didn't I'm requesting one
    even better if its male sim
    Non Lothario if you may

That's Mogyn Ember in my save - they are beautiful, but for themself.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    @Simmingal Non Lothario????

I feel like that needs to be Don's long lost twin brother or something

• Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 130 Member
    HSY had a M/M relationship.

My only complaint with the sims marketing is that they oversell pack features and give the impression we can do things we can't actually do.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 582 Member
    edited February 22
    No, that's Sebastian, Celeste's father, and Sebastian Sr., Celeste's grandfather...
    @RandomTokenCode I'm talking about the reveal trailer, definitely not Sebastian or his father. I know what you're talking about though.

Simmingal wrote: »

@Simmingal In my personal head canon Lux DeMarco is the aroace legend. She just gives off this vibe like the only thing that really makes her heart race is developing her werewolf powers . . . and rare steak. . . and Greg, but not in that way. How would one firmly code a trailer character as aroace anyway? Simply not showing a partner wouldn't do the trick. Fending off advances? . . . IRL that's not an indicator, but maybe in a trailer it counts. . . Hmm . . . You don't suppose?
    ep11screen-22.jpg

Okay, now I'm developing a back story about Agnes being surrounded by this ideal of romance when she was younger that wasn't right for her and lead to her two bad marriages.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited February 22
    You know what fair point maybe any of the sims that were not shown with partner check the box

I just feel like we are kind of stuck on this 2 sims love each other and the main character is young adult female thing so any alternative ideas would be fun to see
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    @RandomTokenCode I'm talking about the reveal trailer, definitely not Sebastian or his father. I know what you're talking about though.
    2-ECBCE7-D20466-A6-A7-EE596-B0957-F2122.png

3-DCCAC7-AA4767-D41-A1-A2-DF0-BA24-C9185.png

BCCE527-D96-CE9-F7-C52-ECFC1-A2-BA87-DFD.png

FAC918542216-FCEC4-CFD3-EDB90-BFC632.png

I found the couple you described, but there is no critical evidence that they are a couple. The first screenshot shows a consolation for losing the job, maybe a family dynamic driven.