This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Q&A: For Rent

Comments

• Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,185 Member
    Is this unit still bugged?

My sim self's daughter Beatrix rent's a unit in Henford-on-Bagely for $158 per day as displayed here:
    AuHxVHZ.png

But when I click on show bills information, this is what's displayed:
    lXGQSe6.png

But her tenant agreement shows the rent as $158:
    21FOKeV.png

And she only pays something like $60 in bills and i can't see pay rent on the mailbox.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Another one sorry.

I have two unoccupied units in this apartment block. Yet when i try to buy them, i can only buy the Burns household. How come my sim can't purchase the unoccupied units?

QfshHFE.png
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 937 Member
    The lot has more than 6 units is the cheat entered for that?
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,215 Member
    Can shared spaces inside the building be used by played visitors? Example: If a residential rental has an indoor gym as a shared space that is accessible from the street, and I visit as a sim from a household that doesn't live on the same lot, can they get access to the gym immediately, or do they have to knock on some tenant's door and be allowed in first before they can use the lot's amenities?
  • Options
    bandit5 wrote: »
    The lot has more than 6 units is the cheat entered for that?

Yes, i used the cheat to add more units. I have nine units in this particular one.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,957 Member
    I would like to play with the effects of weather, now, because of the new features in For Rent. Only I have aging turned off and I don't want any death. Like yes, Sims I have I can take care of, but other sims of mine, while I am not playing, like Vampires die in when they show up to lots in the daytime and I couldn't not bear that for my sims especially my custom sims, as it took me years to make this save. I saw some old mod, but not sure how if it still works. Any suggestions anyone
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,795 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    I would like to play with the effects of weather, now, because of the new features in For Rent. Only I have aging turned off and I don't want any death. Like yes, Sims I have I can take care of, but other sims of mine, while I am not playing, like Vampires die in when they show up to lots in the daytime and I couldn't not bear that for my sims especially my custom sims, as it took me years to make this save. I saw some old mod, but not sure how if it still works. Any suggestions anyone

Hm... I never had vampires die when not being actively played. I think there is a way to prevent them from showing up in other worlds than Hollow, did you check the pack specific settings?

I might just be lucky, because I can't remember any NPC die (except one old woman who probably died from old age away from home - I never found her grave so I just imagine she lost control in the end and walked off and died. Back when many simmers had sims freeze to death I never had that problem, although I could occasionally observe non-played sims turning blue as they wore summer outfits during a snow storm. But they never died.

I play without any form for story progression, could that be it?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,433 Member
    I am absolutely sure that Story progression makes a difference. I also always deselect Story progression as I feel it kills my imagination. I don't approve of all the random marriages, births and deaths that are part of it.
    I'm a bit unsure of what kind of new weather features in For Rent are you referring to @LeucosiaX ? Maybe there is something I haven't discovered?
    Something that can affect the random deaths of the vampires is when temperature fluctuations in the game are set to affect the Sims. It can be de-selected in the settings. Then they are neither damaged by sun nor cold.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    I am absolutely sure that Story progression makes a difference. I also always deselect Story progression as I feel it kills my imagination. I don't approve of all the random marriages, births and deaths that are part of it.
    I'm a bit unsure of what kind of new weather features in For Rent are you referring to @LeucosiaX ? Maybe there is something I haven't discovered?
    Something that can affect the random deaths of the vampires is when temperature fluctuations in the game are set to affect the Sims. It can be de-selected in the settings. Then they are neither damaged by sun nor cold.

@MonaSolstraale They can freeze to death I think, not sure about the heat. I always had it turned off because I was afraid of it and it seems exaggerated and not realistic. If someone was cold and not dressed properly, unless stranded in the. middle of nowhere would take cover before dying.

There are new radiators and air conditions that function. I remember the thermostat made the bills ridiculous high and other reason I turned it off but not the main
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    edited January 8
    @EmmaVane How do you turn a residential rental back to just a residence?
    After I sell the building and move everyone out, the tab will not let me change the residence type. Prompt states "Can't do that with special venue types"

for some I can change it and it appears to work, but at map view. it's still an icon for residential rental. I gameplay it doesn't not function as residences and starts diving into units. From map you can see units are still tried to lot from hover information.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    I just remove everything on the lot then it lets change to non rental at least for me.
  • Options
    I just remove everything on the lot then it lets change to non rental at least for me.

@bandit5 53450481204_d33d4f3444_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-07 at 11.27.14 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53450481199_3d160b9651_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-07 at 11.30.02 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr

@bandit5
    here is an example of two I was able to change but you can see they are not like regular residences from the map. With other builds I had like this, some who lived there were bounded to rooms or certain parts of the house, with the share/unit system keeping them from being able to pass through or use entire premise as one house
  • Options
    edited January 8
    For me sometimes the lot gets glitched and one apt is always showing someone live in that unit it has xxxx in that unit name i fix it by moving someone else in directly. I see you have the bug that makes it million's of Simoleans to rent that unit.
  • Options
    edited January 8
    For me sometimes the lot gets glitched and one apt is always showing someone live in that unit it has xxxx in that unit name i fix it by moving someone else in directly. I see you have the bug that makes it million's of Simoleans to rent that unit.

@bandit5
    I never made that on those lots and that is the first time it came up that way.
    I have made a lot of money once as a landlord in San Sequoia but it was not the millions, it was priced as expensive.
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 163 Member

I'm still learning my way around For Rent but am unable to find an item -
    There's a canopy that can be placed over the food market items (food stall cover) and I can't find it anywhere. I remember a video where someone placed a food stall that had the canopy on it already then they moved the canopy to show how it's detachable. I've filtered my build mode to For Rent only and can't find it. Is it a debug item?
    I appreciate any help ya'll have. :smile:
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,042 Member
    @The_Mercuria Most canopy-type structures are under Decorations, either Misc or Sculptures.

Is this what you're looking for? It's part of For Rent and is found under Decorations-Misc. It's called Oh My Stars Shining Tent of Light.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113594&authkey=%21AFtJFi83BePYs-o&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113593&authkey=%21AElBIchh7I34Jtk&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,058 Member
    edited January 11
    After I sell the building and move everyone out, the tab will not let me change the residence type. Prompt states "Can't do that with special venue types"

for some I can change it and it appears to work, but at map view. it's still an icon for residential rental. I gameplay it doesn't not function as residences and starts diving into units. From map you can see units are still tried to lot from hover information.

I have the same problem. If I go out of the lot it changes back to residential rental even if I changed it to residential before I left the lot. So then I went back in and bull dozed it and it still wouldn't’ stay residential and gave me the same message as yours. And, I have never used CC or mods in the sims 4.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I have the same problem. If I go out of the lot it changes back to residential rental even if I changed it to residential before I left the lot. So then I went back in and bull dozed it and it still wouldn't’ stay residential and gave me the same message as yours. And, I have never used CC or mods in the sims 4.

@SheriSim57 some say to remove all of the traits to each apartment. Only thing that ever worked for me was to bulldoze, change the lot type to generic and drop something else from the gallery if it will let you, and take the offer to change to the gallery lot type.

I would check your map on Willow Creek because I got exclamation points on the main street lots and that was indication of the save file becoming corrupt. Turns out more than 20 residential rentals is too much for one save and this occurs. The lots will disappear. Some have reported it spreads to whole save, so it's best to resort to a save before this bug issue. Not sure if the two are related but it happened in that order to me.

I only have 40-something residential rentals, and began to take willow creek main street area. I resorted back to a save before, and it was good until I hit 19 residential rentals. I backed out of there without saving and have kept it at 13 residential rentals total in my save until further notice of the fix.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,591 Member

@SheriSim57 some say to remove all of the traits to each apartment. Only thing that ever worked for me was to bulldoze, change the lot type to generic and drop something else from the gallery if it will let you, and take the offer to change to the gallery lot type.

I would check your map on Willow Creek because I got exclamation points on the main street lots and that was indication of the save file becoming corrupt. Turns out more than 20 residential rentals is too much for one save and this occurs. The lots will disappear. Some have reported it spreads to whole save, so it's best to resort to a save before this bug issue. Not sure if the two are related but it happened in that order to me.

I only have 40-something residential rentals, and began to take willow creek main street area. I resorted back to a save before, and it was good until I hit 19 residential rentals. I backed out of there without saving and have kept it at 13 residential rentals total in my save until further notice of the fix.

Ugh. That's unfortunate. I really want apartments in my game but haven't bought the pack yet, not sure it's worth it right now, I'm waiting to see if things get fixed. I don't want to risk corrupting my whole save, I've been playing it for about 7 or 8 years. Clearly this pack needed more work before release. I hope they can shoot us some good patches soon, it kind of leaves a bad taste when they let players have game breaking bugs in their games for this long.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,803 Member
    I built a trailer on my sims lot for her parents to go into and changed the lot into a residential rental. When I went back out to look at the info, it seems my sim has to pay a tax of $50 per day as the lot owner. I was going to let the parents live there rent free but now I might have to make them pay! I changed the lot back (since the parents aren’t moving in immediately, but now I can’t click on the doors in the new trailer. I haven’t been back into the save since but I’m hoping that I haven’t messed up the lot!

Anyway, is that $50 per unit or just a flat rate regardless of how many units are on the lot? This is the only residential rental that I’ve put in the save, so my game only has two of that lot type.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that it says rent is $0 and then with the furnishings a lot of money? I was thinking the rent the furniture, because I wanted to rent them without furniture moving forward because I heard when they leave, its all put in. their inventory, plus it's more realistic renting unfurnished apartments.
  • Options
    edited January 12
    LiELF wrote: »

Ugh. That's unfortunate. I really want apartments in my game but haven't bought the pack yet, not sure it's worth it right now, I'm waiting to see if things get fixed. I don't want to risk corrupting my whole save, I've been playing it for about 7 or 8 years. Clearly this pack needed more work before release. I hope they can shoot us some good patches soon, it kind of leaves a bad taste when they let players have game breaking bugs in their games for this long.

Yes, I have only been playing “practice games” of my main save. I’m not ready to risk my regular main save yet. And I unfortunately had this problem with the First apartment I put down in the save ) not the 20th. I did save it, then get out of the save and go back in. In my case it couldn’t have been mods or CC, and it couldn’t have been because I had 20 different residentials rentals, because I only had the one. There was no wrench in the lot that I downloaded and I have never used CC or mods in my sims 4 game. I’m on PC. I believe that my daughters save ( on the PlayStation ), was her second residential rental lot saved that she noticed a problem. in my case I didn’t get an exclamation, but it did say I couldn’t place a certain type lot there, even after I had bulky dozed it. I do plan on going back into a new practice game and trying it over again soon ( if I can bring myself to get back in ). And, if I have the same problem, I will try to see if I can put a generic lot in. I just hope this is an easy one for the dev’s to find. I own all packs and kits (but no CC or mod. ), so hopefully the dev’s can figure this one out soon, I hope there are not too many variables for them. But, I will admit, I’m getting tired of playing practice games of my main save. I figure they will be bringing out a new patch the day or two before the new kit comes out. I just hope this is a bug the fix then. Someone earlier said that they should bring a new lot reset cheat. However they do it, I hope it is not too hard for them to find the problem. When it came to rentals, I never even played an actual sim in the rental lot I downloaded, or had a property owner there, I was dealing with build mode only. Oh, and I don’t know which town my daughter experienced her problem in, but I was in snowy escape at the time.
  • Options
    I built a trailer on my sims lot for her parents to go into and changed the lot into a residential rental. When I went back out to look at the info, it seems my sim has to pay a tax of $50 per day as the lot owner. I was going to let the parents live there rent free but now I might have to make them pay! I changed the lot back (since the parents aren’t moving in immediately, but now I can’t click on the doors in the new trailer. I haven’t been back into the save since but I’m hoping that I haven’t messed up the lot!

Anyway, is that $50 per unit or just a flat rate regardless of how many units are on the lot? This is the only residential rental that I’ve put in the save, so my game only has two of that lot type.

I think I read it was $50 per rental lot plus what the rent is ( though I’m not sure if it costs when you rent the lot for $0 ).
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 163 Member

lanlyn wrote: »
    @The_Mercuria Most canopy-type structures are under Decorations, either Misc or Sculptures.

Yes! I'll look for it there. Don't know how I missed it with bb filtered to for rent. LOL
    Thank you muchly!
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Okei I have a question about tenants and them bringing their own furnishings. I didn't see it in the top topics and I haven't seen anyone else asking, so :smile:

I have a Sim that I am playing at the moment, who is renting but they wants to add their own decorations and even furnishings later when this Sim manages to earn enough money to say...buy a better bed. But the unit already has a bed. The unit has two bedrooms but my Sim is alone and would love to be able to change that second bedroom into an office or maybe a gym?

Is it safe for me or my renting sim that is, to put the unit's original furnishings in the household bin in build mode and then put their own stuff in there and have it still be theirs? For instance when they move out of the unit to a better things is it safe to put their stuff into the household bin and put the original unit's furnishings and deco back to where it was and then move out and be sure that their own stuff still in their household bin?