Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Released December 14

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,063 Member
    edited December 2023
    This is great. Though I hope the next fix deals with fix lots that have been switched from rentals to regular houses, breaking them. I want to play my main file, but I'm worried just playing while a broken lot like that exists, will corrupt my game or something. It's like a ticking time bomb.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 187 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    This is great. Though I hope the next fix deals with fix lots that have been switched from rentals to regular houses, breaking them. I want to play my main file, but I'm worried just playing while a broken lot like that exists, will corrupt my game or something. It's like a ticking time bomb.

Exactly! I am not touching the main feature of the pack until this bug has been fixed. It really IS a potential game breaking bug and I sure wonder why people are not more vocal about it. This bug literally breaks lots, and even if a fix comes out, we don't know if the fix will apply also to older saves and repairs lots that were corrupted by the residental rental bug.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,962 Member

Fantastic question... Definitely not this patch as I've seen it after For Rent release.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Exactly! I am not touching the main feature of the pack until this bug has been fixed. It really IS a potential game breaking bug and I sure wonder why people are not more vocal about it. This bug literally breaks lots, and even if a fix comes out, we don't know if the fix will apply also to older saves and repairs lots that were corrupted by the residental rental bug.

@Gordy @mrs_starkey Yep, that bug is one of the ones that isn't fixed yet. The patch fixed some of the big For Rent bugs but not all.
    People are being pretty vocal over here ;)https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-FR-Stuck-on-Residential-Rental-Lot-type/td-p/13291850
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 810 Member

@EgonVM I’ve noticed that high school glitch. One of my teens graduated as valedictorian, I then transferred her family to another save via the gallery for storytelling reasons. The valedictorian trait disappeared. I thought it might have been because she didn’t attend graduation, but if others have experienced it too… hmm…
    EgonVM wrote: »

Plus the after-school activity traits also disappear (cheer, football, chess, and computer) (at least it seems to me)...

For now, I'm afraid you'll have to re-add it back with this cheat:
    traits.equip_trait trait_HSExit_Graduate_Valedictorian

I experienced this. For console players that cannot use cheats, this is a serious bug.

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

@EgonVM I’ve noticed that high school glitch. One of my teens graduated as valedictorian, I then transferred her family to another save via the gallery for storytelling reasons. The valedictorian trait disappeared. I thought it might have been because she didn’t attend graduation, but if others have experienced it too… hmm…

Plus the after-school activity traits also disappear (cheer, football, chess, and computer) (at least it seems to me)...

I experienced this. For console players that cannot use cheats, this is a serious bug.
    Console players can use cheats …” To use the cheats that required a shift-click on PC, hit A and B on Xbox One or X and O on PS4 simultaneously to perform that function on console”
    Console support’s keyboard and mouse too, the only thing consoles users are really missing out on are cc/mods
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,063 Member
    Yeah, I'm super afraid of it. Though I hope we get an official workaround on this. I wonder if switching the lot back to a rental will stop the game breaking, until we can get a fix? Like how placing items a certain way on platforms created a lot-breaking glitch with Snowy Escape, but you could just move the items and keep things kosher until the patch rolled out.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Hey fam,

Finicky flaws? Fear not for there’s a few fearsome fixes for faulty functionality fresh from your faithful friends at Maxis. Bugs? We fixed four for For Rent! Facts. Please forgive.

Fancy the Festivities
    and Fare thee Well

Dab (cringe trait)
    -Your Fav SimGuruNinja

My poor brain trying to understand this 😵
    too much F, way too much F...
    Yay for Freerealestate though!

A literary device known as alliteration generally used to emphasize a point. Usually confined to 3 or 4 instances per sentence. A common element of Saxon poetry.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited December 2023
    The multi billion simoleon rent issue isn’t fixed yet. I just got that on my first residential rental lot yesterday.
  • Options
    Edit to add that there wasn’t a way to add ‘Me too’ to the thread on AHQ and then the thread disappeared. I tried to create a new thread, but was unable to. Got an error about me not being authorized.
  • Options
    Hi @g01denswan
    According to the patch notes the price updates at the next bills cycle. Have you gotten to the next bills cycle yet? or have you tried in a new save?
    Any incorrect price UI in existing saves should quickly update to normal by the next bills cycle.

If so and you're still having the issue, here is the thread.
    It is still open because there are other people still having the issue too
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-FR-Impossibly-High-negative-Rent-Max-Int-1/td-p/13288458

To log into AHQ use your EA user details (the same ones you use to log in to Origin or EA App, or in the gallery, or to purchase packs, may be different from the user details you use on the forum)
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,147 Member
    I took my sim self's daughter Beatrix to a public gym for the first time since this hotfix and time no longer freezes in public gyms for me!
  • Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 32 Member
    Anyone else having an issue with trying load their household from leaving manage worlds since the last patch? I've been having to repair my game constantly before even going into game. I'm stuck on the loading screen after exiting manage worlds, and trying to play my sim's family, but it won't load.
  • Options
    Hi @g01denswan
    According to the patch notes the price updates at the next bills cycle. Have you gotten to the next bills cycle yet? or have you tried in a new save?
    Any incorrect price UI in existing saves should quickly update to normal by the next bills cycle.

If so and you're still having the issue, here is the thread.
    It is still open because there are other people still having the issue too
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-FR-Impossibly-High-negative-Rent-Max-Int-1/td-p/13288458

To log into AHQ use your EA user details (the same ones you use to log in to Origin or EA App, or in the gallery, or to purchase packs, may be different from the user details you use on the forum)

Thanks for the link to the thread. I went to the thread and saw the ‘Me too’ link, but as soon as I logged in, the link got greyed out so I’m unable to click it. That’s what happened yesterday as well.

So I was already logged in yesterday when I tried to create a new thread. The error I got was:

Authentication Failed. Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Also, I didn’t get to the next billing cycle, but I don’t think that should matter as my build was just newly changed from ‘Residential’ to ‘Residential Rental’ after the patch.
  • Options
    Hm sorry about the login issues @g01denswan hopefully it will resolve another day
    That bug is definitely still a thing for a number of people!
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 810 Member
    edited December 2023

Console players can use cheats …” To use the cheats that required a shift-click on PC, hit A and B on Xbox One or X and O on PS4 simultaneously to perform that function on console”
    Console support’s keyboard and mouse too, the only thing consoles users are really missing out on are cc/mods

Yes, we CAN use cheats, but we are penalized if we do use them. Using cheats disables the entire trophy system. So the people that use the trophy system use the word "can't". I should have placed the word "the" before "console players" to differentiate the trophy earners from all console players. Some people confuse aspirations with trophies when the warning pop-up says that "achievements" will be disabled. Aspirations are NOT disabled, but trophies ARE disabled. Thanks for clarifying. Console play is better than most people know, once a mouse and keyboard is plugged into the console.

I started using cheats on Playstation when a bug was preventing me from earning an aspiration. The first cheat that I used was the milestone cheat. There is no way to earn some of the trophies if the companion aspiration is bugged. I had nothing to lose. The high school cheats do indeed work on console. I have tested some of them. With the keyboard plugged into the console, I just add the cheats on the keyboard exactly as I did on a PC.