Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is This Weird Or What? I Need Honest Opinions Only

2...Next

Comments

• MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I've kind of been waiting on Fairies as well. And Zombies, and Superheroes, and improved Ghosts, and.... :D

I love the Occults too, I agree with you, they make the Sims much more interesting by adding some extra dynamics. I do have some "Fairies" in my game though, without CC or mods, so they are, for now, regular Sims, but they wear the fairy outfits from the Spooky Stuff pack. There's a good variety of colors to choose from. I ended up making them Spellcasters so they can use some of the spells that fit their personalities (only the ones that make sense, they aren't allowed to use everything), and they use the star wand. It's something for now until we get "real" ones. I figure when they can become actual Fairies, in my mind, they will go through a metamorphosis, like a caterpillar to butterfly, and "mature". For now though, they're making mischief and running amok, lol.

Here's some pics of them, for anyone who's curious. They're fun to make. :)
    Heaven Star
    Hg0mJ4Q.jpg

Sunny Sky
    WNF0hgi.jpg

The Yarn Fairy (inspired by Simproved's Yarn Fairy House build)
    IS9dQLg.jpg

Generally, I like darker Fae, but with enough mischievous and eccentric traits, they play out pretty quirky and fun to have in my game. Of course, this may not be the route for you, but I just thought I'd share, since you also like to play around in CAS, which I really enjoy as well. :)

(* I think I may have had to use a small mod briefly in order to access the pointed ears. I really wish the devs would give us some CAS unlocks for all of the lovely Occult assets.)

Interesting, but the fairy in my planned household is a toddler, so...yeah. Thanks anyways. 🥲
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Oh, a toddler! I have one of those, too. Pretty sure I had to use a mod to access the glowing eyes and pointed ears, so that certainly won't help you, but there's a little shirt with bee wings on it, so I used that with the fuzzy booties and untamed hair:
    Honeybee
    rGExccm.jpg

I definitely wish there were more Toddler and Kids assets for Occult wear. Unfortunately, the game doesn't have a whole lot of options for young Occult CAS. :'(
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    Oh, a toddler! I have one of those, too. Pretty sure I had to use a mod to access the glowing eyes and pointed ears, so that certainly won't help you, but there's a little shirt with bee wings on it, so I used that with the fuzzy booties and untamed hair:
    Honeybee
    rGExccm.jpg

I definitely wish there were more Toddler and Kids assets for Occult wear. Unfortunately, the game doesn't have a whole lot of options for young Occult CAS. :'(

Thanks but I just want my occult Sims to dress in regular clothes in their normal "human" forms. I already have their occult forms planned out. 👍
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,844 Member
    @LiELF what a cute little fairy. 🥰
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    @LiELF what a cute little fairy. 🥰

Thank you! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Just a suggestion, feel free to take it or not, but... rather than deleting and starting over and over again... as it sounds like you are already very attached to this family, there is no reason you can't start to work on the household, save it, and then continue to go back to CAS in full edit mode and add or change the physical appearance, outfits, and traits periodically as new ones are added. Then you will have the fun of continuously working on the household, and once fairies or other features are added, you won't have to start from scratch all at once, you can just make your edits and jump into the story more quickly at that point.
    edited November 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, feel free to take it or not, but... rather than deleting and starting over and over again... as it sounds like you are already very attached to this family, there is no reason you can't start to work on the household, save it, and then continue to go back to CAS in full edit mode and add or change the physical appearance, outfits, and traits periodically as new ones are added. Then you will have the fun of continuously working on the household, and once fairies or other features are added, you won't have to start from scratch all at once, you can just make your edits and jump into the story more quickly at that point.

Too much work. I'll wait for fairies and when I have the right CAS items, traits and aspirations all at once so I don't have to keep going back. 😒
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    edited November 2023
    I politely ask everyone to not give me any more suggestions. I need honest opinions only, please and thank you. I hope you understand and that I'm truly sorry if I sounded rude to some of you. 💖😔💖
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I think that there's no "right or wrong" way to be entertained with The Sims. If you don't want to start a new game until everything is exactly how you want it for your story, then that's perfectly fine I think.

Playing around in CAS is still considered playing the game, some simmers do nothing except that and share their pics online.

Building in the game is also still considered playing the game, because again some simmers do nothing except build and decorate but almost never actually play in live-mode.

If you have the patience to wait until all the occults you are wanting have been added to the game and you find enjoyment in CAS and browsing the gallery, then I say go for it.
    I think that there's no "right or wrong" way to be entertained with The Sims. If you don't want to start a new game until everything is exactly how you want it for your story, then that's perfectly fine I think.

Playing around in CAS is still considered playing the game, some simmers do nothing except that and share their pics online.

Building in the game is also still considered playing the game, because again some simmers do nothing except build and decorate but almost never actually play in live-mode.

If you have the patience to wait until all the occults you are wanting have been added to the game and you find enjoyment in CAS and browsing the gallery, then I say go for it.

Thank you so much for understanding me, I appreciate it. 💖🙏💖
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    There's nothing weird about how you play (or plan to play). We all play differently, and with a game like TS4, there isn't a right way to play. If that means you have a household in your library collecting dust until all the parts are together, so be it. If you suffer from restartitis that ok too. I have many sims I've made that have never seen the light of day, same with builds. They may one day, they may not.

Bottom line, never let yourself think you're weird because you don't do challenges or rotation play. If you enjoy spending hours in CAS, then spend hours in CAS.

I like the idea of challenges but hate the restrictive rules. I like to use them as guides or ideas for Sims. As for scenarios, they're not too bad but I don't play those much either. I typically let the game guide my sims' stories.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    There's nothing weird about how you play (or plan to play). We all play differently, and with a game like TS4, there isn't a right way to play. If that means you have a household in your library collecting dust until all the parts are together, so be it. If you suffer from restartitis that ok too. I have many sims I've made that have never seen the light of day, same with builds. They may one day, they may not.

Bottom line, never let yourself think you're weird because you don't do challenges or rotation play. If you enjoy spending hours in CAS, then spend hours in CAS.

I like the idea of challenges but hate the restrictive rules. I like to use them as guides or ideas for Sims. As for scenarios, they're not too bad but I don't play those much either. I typically let the game guide my sims' stories.

Honestly, I appreciate your wisdom and I truly thank you for that. 💖
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited November 2023
    Are you asking for gameplay suggestions?

Let me explain - there's a household that I want to create but I can't because fairies aren't in the game and some of the current CAS items, traits, and aspirations aren't what I had in mind for some of the members (with the exception of one). I forbid myself from starting a new game and enter live mode until that I create that specific household. Reread the original post if you need more information.😅

I understand how you feel. Years ago I made a male sim, a perfect werewolf and decided to keep him in my library until we officially got werewolves. Funny thing is, he is still sitting in my library. By the time we finally got werewolves I had moved on to other Sims. I think he waited around a bit too long. I lost touch with this sim.

Right now I have 3 sims, 3 friends in my library. I have all of their stories mapped out, including back story, past, family ties... Everything. I have already created a home for one of them. but can't play them because they are superheroes and one of them is in a wheelchair. I will wait until at least one of those two features is added to the game. Perhaps I will use some cc to at least take a few screenshots. I will wait for now but don't plan on waiting as long as I did for that poor werewolf.

Building houses for these Sims, setting up friends and relatives can be fun too. But I couldn't wait for them like you do. I play other households in the mean time. In that regard you have to do what you want. Just keep in mind that there is no guarantee that what we are waiting for will actually come to the game. Only you can decide if you are willing to compromise and play this family before fairies is added or wait for the perfect situation. Either way I hope you can find a way to enjoy the game.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member

I'm glad I could help but I don't know how wise it was. I appreciate the sentiment though. Enjoy your game the way you want to enjoy it. I hope the household you mentioned will have all the parts needed, and it becomes your favorite. Who knows, you may make it through multiple generations with them. If that's what you want, then I hope it happens for you. 💚
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    edited November 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Are you asking for gameplay suggestions?

Let me explain - there's a household that I want to create but I can't because fairies aren't in the game and some of the current CAS items, traits, and aspirations aren't what I had in mind for some of the members (with the exception of one). I forbid myself from starting a new game and enter live mode until that I create that specific household. Reread the original post if you need more information.😅

I understand how you feel. Years ago I made a male sim, a perfect werewolf and decided to keep him in my library until we officially got werewolves. Funny thing is, he is still sitting in my library. By the time we finally got werewolves I had moved on to other Sims. I think he waited around a bit too long. I lost touch with this sim.

Right now I have 3 sims, 3 friends in my library. I have all of their stories mapped out, including back story, past, family ties... Everything. I have already created a home for one of them. but can't play them because they are superheroes and one of them is in a wheelchair. I will wait until at least one of those two features is added to the game. Perhaps I will use some cc to at least take a few screenshots. I will wait for now but don't plan on waiting as long as I did for that poor werewolf.

Building houses for these Sims, setting up friends and relatives can be fun too. But I couldn't wait for them like you do. I play other households in the mean time. In that regard you have to do what you want. Just keep in mind that there is no guarantee that what we are waiting for will actually come to the game. Only you can decide if you are willing to compromise and play this family before fairies is added or wait for the perfect situation. Either way I hope you can find a way to enjoy the game.

I understand, I guess that I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I know nobody (including myself) is perfect but I feel like if I don't have the specific parts I need, everything goes down the drain. The Sims 4 still has many years to go (which has been confirmed in a Behind The Sims livestream) and I hope that fairies are coming to the game in 2024 at the earliest or 2025 at the latest. Until then, I'll just have to pray and be patient. 🤞🙏🤞
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg

I'm glad I could help but I don't know how wise it was. I appreciate the sentiment though. Enjoy your game the way you want to enjoy it. I hope the household you mentioned will have all the parts needed, and it becomes your favorite. Who knows, you may make it through multiple generations with them. If that's what you want, then I hope it happens for you. 💚

I just loved how you worded it, that's all. 💖
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    No its definitely not weird! we all have different ways how we ''play'' the game
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    garapoes wrote: »
    No its definitely not weird! we all have different ways how we ''play'' the game
    I'm happy that you don't think my "playstyle" is weird and I appreciate it, so thank you so much! 💖😊💖
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg