This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

📻 Do you let the music play? 🎧

There are a few hundred songs in the Sims 4 🎧
How do you deal with them?
Do you have favourite radio stations? 📻
What are your top 5 songs?

(This poll is anonymous. No one will see what you voted for.)
ce352b2cfd4474b56be5bcace10581e0be6fee7c.jpg
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

📻 Do you let the music play? 🎧 94 votes

Yes - there is often a stereo playing and I stay next to it and listen to the music while my Sims do their stuff
17% 16 votes
Sometimes - when one of my Sims is in a room with the stereo on
50% 47 votes
Sometimes - on certain ocassions, like parties
6% 6 votes
No - I forget to turn it on
1% 1 vote
No - it's distracting me
1% 1 vote
No - I would listen if I could hear the music everywhere and not just in the room where the stereo is (like in build mode)
3% 3 votes
No - I listen to external music while playing
5% 5 votes
No - I play with volume off in calming silence
4% 4 votes
No - I would listen if I could pick certain songs and/or put them on a playlist
1% 1 vote
Something else (let us know in the comments below)
10% 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    lol why is this private, whose gonna come after me
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    I hardly place stereos because sims are so obsessed with it. It's a good way to sort of multi-task fun need while doing other nearby things... but I end up putting the stereo into family inventory because they can't behave.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    Mostly when I'm trying to select a baby's gender. Pop music and eating strawberries 🍓 for girls. Alternative music and carrots 🥕for boys.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,467 Member
    Retro <3

Love to hear some music from older games.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,141 Member
    I have custom music on my sims stereos, so I don't have a favourite station, but yeah, my Sims will have their music playing quite a bit. :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,584 Member
    edited November 2023
    I play with sound of because of other people in the house, not because of the calming silence. I can't be bothered with head phones and don't want to close my self off from people around me.

My sims do listen to radio when it is needed (party goal, aspiration, influencing baby gender) but I don't have a clue what the songs sound like :D Luckily you can see notes in the air when a radio plays so I remember to turn it off afterwards.
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I hardly place stereos because sims are so obsessed with it. It's a good way to sort of multi-task fun need while doing other nearby things... but I end up putting the stereo into family inventory because they can't behave.

My sims used to listen to the radio a lot to get up their fun while doing tasks. But ever since we got likes/dislikes I just set things like painting and writing as a like and sims gain fun from these activities themselves.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,185 Member
    I do love listening to the stereo. When my sims put on the stereo autonomously, its interesting to see what they choose to listen to.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,135 Member
    I'm not a big fan of in-game music, regardless of the game because I prefer the game sounds. The first thing I do when playing any game is turn the music setting to 10% or completely to 0%.
    Here's where I contradict myself though. Sometimes I allow my musical sims to keep the earbuds in their inventory instead of selling them immediately. But if they're low on funds, those are the first to go.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 898 Member
    Latin and Blues are my jam! Stereo nearly always on.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 490 Member
    I let my sims listen to music, but I turned down the volume in my game options to where I hardly notice it. It’s because I usually have my TV or a podcast on while I play. I don’t even really know what most of the in-game music sounds like, lol.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    In my primary household, music is a must. Erik is a Musical Genius besides a music lover. It's essential for his frame of mind. I gave each of the now five Teens a radio in their rooms. There is one downstairs for the occasional party thrown. But, like moths to a flame, they are drawn to the one that is on constantly. LOL Kayleigh likes to rock out, so to speak. Dancing away. One of the teens was going through a phase and so that radio gets cranked up higher than eleven. Yikes. I play my music loud, but not that loud anymore. I will turn it to medium or low when it gets too distracting.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    I use the stereo music within my gameplay. If it makes sense that a Sim is going to listen to music, they do, and to what that Sim would like. It's got nothing to do with me.

I do usually have build mode music and the like turned off. That's for me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 979 Member
    In The Sims 4 I never use the stereo. Usually if I catch my Sim using one I often turn it off on them and I'm not even sure why I put them in my homes since I never let them use them. :smiley: I keep planning on putting my own music in the game because I always put custom music in my Sims 3 game, I just still after all these years have yet to do it.
    Check out my latest Let's Play! The One.
    The-One001-Thumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2023
    Its a mix, when I play in the evening/night I usually play without sound so obviously I do not listen to it.
    When I got sound I do mostly love to listen to blues, spooky and strange tunes, those are my fav stations, but I dont overdo it.

Edit: I know this is about the stereo music, but I really like to listen to my musician sims playing+singing live music too, there are some songs that I have come to love.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,708 Member
    I do listen to the in game stereo if my sim is near one and it can be heard. Sometimes I even play the songs again if I like them a lot. Would be nice if sims automatically tuned the stereo to the station of their preferred music type instead of a random one. Or maybe not so random, because I have noticed that some sims autonomously tend to tune in to certain stations.
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 347 Member
    As a music lover in real life, I nearly always have music on in my game. My favorite stations are Pop, Alternative, Americana, CottageCore, Hip Hop, Summer Strut, Jazz...yeah I actually like a lot of the music in the game, and a few songs from the Pop station even made it to my real life personal playlist (A few of them I already knew before I started playing the Sims.) Most of my sims have earbuds, and they keep them on while doing pretty much anything. The music they listen to is based on what the sim who's listening would like, even if it's something I personally don't like. (It should be noted that those sims who don't share my taste in music, don't listen to the radio as often as those who do.)
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,438 Member
    I play 90% of the time with no sounds at all.

I have a mischievous toddler running around my house in RL that I need to be able to hear, cause you know ..... if you don't hear them, they're probably doing something they're not supposed to be doing!
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 596 Member
    I like a lot of the music stations and if a sim has the stereo playing, I usually turn it to max volume so I can enjoy it too! I don’t really have a favourite, although I don’t tend to choose Focus, Americana, Easy Listening or Cottagecore very often (if I’ve remembered those names right?). I also like to have the music playing loud at the skating rinks, gyms, bars, etc.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,382 Member
    Cottagecore, Romance, Songwriter, Pop or Alternate, only during parties or when skilling dance.

Too bad my current sims' favorites are Barock and Classic, that I don't really enjoy myself. It's not an active dislike, that kind of music just doesn't give me anything on an emotional level.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Really like the cottagecore and singer-songwriter stations.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,329 Member
    edited November 2023
    I always have sim radio playing when in live mode
    unless my sims are playing instruments instead
    or my headphones need to be charged

as for channel I just like to match the story/sims/world/weather/mood really
    kind of like adding soundtrack to imaginary movie

even with irl music I never feel like I have specific genre favourites
    like if song is good its good if its bad its bad

soo yeah maybe mixed channel?

that said i guess i can pick apart that its not hiphop channel
    cause meanwhile i like old hiphop i really have hard time with the new hiphop
    it just sounds so noisy to my poor fossil ears 😅

and i kind of have the same issue with songs that are like all scream on the metal(?) channel
    cause I've heard it too much when i liked that as teen so now its kind of like trying to make salad with dull knife 😆
    but i listen to it sometimes trying to pick the songs that are less scream in the midst
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I allow my sims to listen to their favorite radio stations often. If I don’t want to hear it, I put the radio on low, but I would never mute the game. My favorites are Easy Listening, Retro, Summer Strut and Winter Holiday. I love one Latin Pop song called Sleeptalking. I didn’t like the Alternative station so I replaced everything with Sims 2 College Rock and then they added more Alternative music among which I’ve got a new favorite, but I couldn’t tell you what it’s called. I have added some songs from TS2 Open For Business in the Retro station. I replaced the Backyard station with the Stardew Valley soundtrack. I really enjoy the loading and build music and always have with the Sims series.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I love musice and always allow my Sims to have music in their homes and have headphones. I like jazz, blues, classical, retro.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,777 Member
    I would listen if the sims weren't addicted to dancing. Since they are, I usually don't put stereos in my houses.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,406 Member
    I put several radios in my sims' houses. They will listen to their random stations, but most often they will have their favorites, usually on Blues, Jazz, Latin Rock, Metal, Retro, Spooky and Strange Tunes. I am another one that my sims usually workout or jog with their earbuds in. :D

As far as b/b modes, I really like the music playing while I am building and decorating.

Most of my sims play an instrument of some sort, some as pros and some as just having fun.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.