Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are the forums down for a 2nd day this week?

Can a simguru please tell us why the outage is happening? Besides users mentioning it yesterday on various posts, there’s been a silence from the Sims Teams. At least an acknowledgment of it would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    Here is a link from the AHQ site with complaints about the site going down since they would prefer for everyone to post issues like that over there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Resolved-Can-t-access-Sims-forums/m-p/13131082#M262260
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Thanks, didn’t realize that was there
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    This just made me think of that note in the show Ten Year Old Tom, when the little kids stole the school bus, they said "We stole the bus. It happens." It does indeed happen lol. Not the bus thing, I guess, maybe that does I don't know, but other things. Like the forums going down.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    Forums are down again, lucky my phone still connected. I’m getting the 😵 face again
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I wonder if we’re on a 20-year-old server or something…
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Same here. I can get in on my phone but not my iPad or computer
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Same here. I can get in on my phone but not my iPad or computer

Same exact thing here. It works fine on my phone but not on my iPad.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    for some reason its giving me desktop site now on my phone and theres no button to switch back to mobile site?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    for some reason its giving me desktop site now on my phone and theres no button to switch back to mobile site?
    If you’re on iPhone, click on the the 2 AA on the left of the URL bar. There will be an option to request mobile or desktop view.
    Im getting the same screen as you but my option says ‘request desktop view’ it believes I’m on mobile view even though it’s not 🫠🫠🫠

Edit: also do at your own risk, I did it and got the 😵 screen, was only able to connect on the forums cause I had a 2nd tab open!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    turns out on desktop forums can't be accessed at all o_O

also I'm using android so :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    Yeah I’ve noticed these problems too. It’s kinda annoying!
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I just saw this and can access on my phone too. But very awkward with desktop view.
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    Wanted to check the forum this morning (European time zone) on my Android phone and it was in desktop mode that I can not change (as it seems)! And on my desktop computer the forum is dead when try to log in . This problems have been going on for quite some time now and it's very annoying! Fix this or I have to decide if I want to stay or not. :s
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Can a simguru please tell us why the outage is happening? Besides users mentioning it yesterday on various posts, there’s been a silence from the Sims Teams. At least an acknowledgment of it would be nice.

We wish we knew what was going on as well, we've been working with our forum host to get to the root of the issue for about a week now.

All I can do for now is apologize for the outages and recommend checking AHQ for threads related to them as I try to keep that site updated.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited November 2023
    I can only access the site on my phone on Microsoft Edge. Get the standard message on Firefox and Chrome.

No access at all on my laptop.

Lol I'm afraid to close my browser in case I can't get back on. And please don't let me hit the wrong button and close it accidentally. I've been known to do that. 😄

ETA: Also a few I've been in contact with on Discord are still unable to get on at all.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    I can only access the site on my phone on Microsoft Edge. Get the standard message on Firefox and Chrome.

No access at all on my laptop.

Lol I'm afraid to close my browser in case I can't get back on. And please don't let me hit the wrong button and close it accidentally. I've been known to do that. 😄

ETA: Also a few I've been in contact with on Discord are still unable to get on at all.

Odd. I'm on Chrome and haven't had any issues for about an hour now on PC and Mobile.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Oops. 🫢 Just checked and all is working.
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »

We wish we knew what was going on as well, we've been working with our forum host to get to the root of the issue for about a week now.

All I can do for now is apologize for the outages and recommend checking AHQ for threads related to them as I try to keep that site updated.

Thank you
    It’s a shame the outages are suddenly happening, especially now with the new pack announced. I really hope that you’re able to get to the bottom of this with the forum host.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Still only Desktop View on my Android Phone
  • Options
    Microsoft Edge on pc now loads page at least
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    I use Safari on both my phone and computer and I all I saw for the last 24 hours or so was the message. I never log off so that may be why I wasn't able to get in like others were able to.

I'm just happy I can get in here now. I hope this gets cleared up soon because forumus interruptus is a horrible condition.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    forumus interruptus is a horrible condition.
    I was told I did not need much to be angry this morning :D

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    forumus interruptus is a horrible condition.
    I was told I did not need much to be angry this morning :D

I wasn't quite that bad, but close. I hang out or pop in and have a look around so much every day that when I can't get in I feel totally lost.🙂 I always have my phone close so I can pop in for a minute even when I'm doing other things.

I'm very happy right now!😁
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

When the forum was down a few days ago there once was another site that lead me to the Vanilla Forum Status Page (which is the host. You can see it when you scroll all the way down to the right)
    And while there is the downtime from october 26th mentioned, for the other days after that (where the forum was down for a few times), they stated there were no incidents reported. Maybe someone should let them know?
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Yes, this is happening to me too. I'm on Android.