Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plz reduce fire frequency πŸ”₯ (Poll: Are you annoyed by things burning all the time?)

Β«1
Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
edited October 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Poll: Are you annoyed by things burning all the time?
The poll is anonymous. No one will see what you voted for.

Please reduce the fire frequency πŸ”₯
We had 5 fires in 42 minutes today.

And it also often happens that the fire strikes twice within a few minutes.
From other simmers I heard that the new appliances (pizza stove, waffle maker) very often catch fire too.
We also found out that if there is a loveseat placed at the campfire, this ist the first (and often only) thing that catches fire - beside the Sims.
That's really annoying.

139f57ecec9341daf01ae75b884bac1d98840d8e.jpg

It's already a kind of 'running gag' in our game that the Callahan family are pyromaniacs...
a86f1408e247641819f40acf3f58a038876bea2a.jpg
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

Plz reduce fire frequency πŸ”₯ (Poll: Are you annoyed by things burning all the time?) 66 votes

Yes, I wish there were less fires 😒
60% 40 votes
No, we love our fires burning bright! 😈
39% 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    ChungyChungy Posts: 36 Member
    Honestly, if it weren't for "Fear of Fire" or the fact that the entire game goes into lockdown mode when it occurs, I wouldn't mind them so much.

Although it seems in every one of my save files, Max couldn't care less.
    rcSC2kK.png
    hoaM8kt.png
    Tune into Chungytoon on YouTube - a community for a variety of gaming and internet shenanigans including content from The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Yes, I wish there were less fires! I actually had to get rid of the fire pits in all of my saves because they caught everything around them on fire almost every single time, lol. It’s just not realistic to have THAT many fires, whether it’s from the fire pit, cooking, etc., lol.

However, like @chungy said, they might be easier to deal with if they didn’t completely lock your game …
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,449 Member
    I rarely get fires in my game. Sometimes, but very rarely there's a kitchen fire and sometimes the dust bunnies set fires, but if you get rid of them promptly there are no fires. I think I also got some fires started by the clothes dryer a couple of times, but you can prevent those too. Maybe it's something in your game setting, like traits, or use of fireplace during hot periods that triggers excessive fires.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,078 Member
    Yes please!

Especially when they're started by ranch hands who should be working. Not grilling.

E1nXOIz.png
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 460 Member
    I feel like certain objects should definitely catch fire less often. BBQs and campfires catch fire way too much. I rarely use a campfire anymore because it seems like they roast my sim 95% of the time when I do. BBQs are only marginally less lethal.

I bought Home Chef Hustle the day after release and I've only had one waffle maker fire and maybe two pizza oven fires so far, even though I use the appliances regularly. Oh, and one mixer fire, almost forgot about that. However, I have only used these items in a kitchen and not at the sales table. I'm kind of afraid to use them at the sales table because my understanding is that those fires are impossible to put out.

The other day I had a ceiling fire for the first time ever. I suppose it was a light fixture that was burning? But it took me so long to figure out what the heck was even on fire and then figure out that there was literally nothing I could do about it that everyone in the household was running around like chickens with their heads cut off by then and I could not deal with the chaos. I backed out without saving. (Fortunately, it happened right when I loaded up my save, so I didn't lose anything.) That fire was particularly aggravating, lol.

I have Bienchen's Whim Overhaul, so I don't get bothered by the excessive "Fear of Fire" issue. Gosh, I love that mod; I don't know how anyone can stand to play with Wants/Fears without it.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,070 Member
    Ideally, I'd love to see a toggle option in the game:
    - frequent fires
    - less fires
    - no fires

But until that happens:

I've been using a mod by Cyclelegs called "no house fires" for about 4 or 5 years now. It stops all fire breakouts from happening (stoves, fireplaces, outside firepits, BBQs, etc). It works great with no problems and this mod not only stops fires completely, but it has also only needed to be updated once in the past five years since I started using it, so there's no worries about having to constantly check for updates every time we get a new patch or DLC.

The mod is now being maintained by a mod creator named Zero. They've also made a mod called "less fires", where it doesn't stop them from happening completely, just less frequently. So if you still want to get a fire once in a while, use that one instead. I prefer to eliminate the fire breakouts completely because I'm lazy and can't be bothered having to put them out all the time and replacing burnt furniture/build items.

You can download either one from Zero's patreon for free here.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,050 Member
    edited October 2023
    hmm? I've not had many fires at all in my game
    its mostly pleasant surprise

then again I also don't have my sims grill that often or do things autonomously so it could be that I just don't run into this problem as much because of that

I do have some fires every now and then when I have my sims visiting their neighbors cause the neighbors be autonomously cooking and not having the same cooking skill as sims I have already played but no ones yet to accidentally die really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I hate fires SO MUCH and yet have experienced SO MANY of them that if you download my houses from the gallery you will notice I never have anything flammable in my houses. I know that is probably annoying but my sims don't seem to know how to react to fires, they just flail about randomly and allow themselves to burn instead of getting out of the way and calling the fire department, or god forbid try to put out the fire themselves, or just do anything at all. I adore some of the stoves and fireplaces that I have in build mode but every time I use one, mishaps ensue.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,153 Member
    Just a bit annoying. :s
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 466 Member
    Fire is fine, it's pretty much the only somewhat troublesome thing remaining that can still occur since they took out burglars and make everything super easy. I'd rather get some more possible bad things happening instead.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    I love things catching on fire. It adds much needed chaos.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,468 Member
    I am really disappointed in the pizza oven with the frequent fires. I would use the pizza oven more if the risk of fire was reasonable.

I don't mind a potential fire hazard in the game as long as we can avoid it with upgrades (fireplaces) or mastering a skill (cooking fires)
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: Β»
    I am really disappointed in the pizza oven with the frequent fires. I would use the pizza oven more if the risk of fire was reasonable.

I don't mind a potential fire hazard in the game as long as we can avoid it with upgrades (fireplaces) or mastering a skill (cooking fires)

I wish that the upgrades thing worked! :s I used to use fireplaces in almost every house and I would upgrade all of them so that they weren't supposed to catch on fire, but then I had two catch on fire anyway!! I also have had things break that I upgraded to be unbreakable. So....weird.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,117 Member
    I've disabled fires with a mod. They got on my nerves lol.
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    My nannies are constantly setting the washer/dryer on fire. All of the time. That's absurd. I don't even get payment from insurance so it's money out of my pocket.

About the upgrades....I don't remember it taking such high levels of handiness skill for them to do this. They have to have lvl 5 just for the beginner level of upgrades. Ugh.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    What makes it worse is that there is no proper sprinkler system as in TS2. Fire starts, little Niagra promptly puts it out.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 184 Member
    When it happens outside, I don't mind, I think it's even funny when they burn themselves while doing the fire dance.
    But if a fire starts inside of a building... no just no. To be honest, it brings back awful childhood memories, I would rather not see when playing The Sims. I am wondering if there is an option to turn those fires off...
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited December 2023
    The more drama the better. I wish it was easier for sims to die from fire.

What they need to do is get rid of these your reputation is so great come work for us phone calls.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I think it should be an option to turn off for those who want it.

Myself, while the fires causes delays in my Sims schedules (and fills the house with volunteer firefighters that I have to throw out - after that my vampire gets her breakfast homedelivered), I do appreciate the game teaching me a lesson for placing a small open fire (the one from horse ranch) next to my Werewolf's bed of hay. Woke him up well and good.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    Iceman_Iceman_ Posts: 21 Member
    I had started a game where I controlled three Sims and the rest were roommates. There was at least one fire a week. An occasional fire is okay, but when they happen so frequently it just becomes annoying.

They should add the option to take online therapy to overcome the fear of fire.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @_DelilahsRose_ I didn't click 'like' because I like what happened. It's because I feel with you. What a nightmare! So beautifully decorated and then this :'(
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Seems like it has increased an insane amount since the last patch or two. It used to be very rare for my Sims to have a fire start, and now it seems like something is catching fire every single session--especially grills and other outdoor cooking equipment.
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 39 Member
    Spontaneous fires can be pretty ridiculous at times.
    To (hopefully) mitigate this, I tend to place fire-resistant floors like stone or metal underneath fireplaces and don't bother placing flammable seating near campfires. Sims can still catch fire, but as long as it's not furniture being destroyed, it's okay with me.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    My level 10 cook now only makes salads. I am so tired of her setting the place on fire.
    Laugh out loud. Often